Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: The Duggars

I hate the Duggars and Jon and Kate. Just say no to herds, people, please!

I can somewhat understand Jon and Kate's situation. Kate had severe fertility issues, so they were forced to use IUI. They had twins, and then decided they wanted one more child. As a result of the fertility treatments, they got sextuplets, and they didn't feel right terminating any of them.

After the sextuplets, they stopped. Kate has said that she doesn't plan to have any more children. She acknowledges that even with six, she sometimes feels that she can't give them all the attention that they deserve. That's something that doesn't seem to phase the Duggars.

Michelle and Jim Bob actively try to keep Michelle perpetually pregnant and rely on the older kids to raise the younger ones, essentially using them as live-in nannies and maids. They deny their children a proper education (I don't believe that it's possible for Michelle to adequately homeschool almost 20 kids who probably span every grade level.) Jon and Kate's children go to school.

Unlike Jon and Kate, Jim Bob and Michelle have no intention of trying to prevent another pregnancy.

I wonder if they'll stop if they get several Down's babies.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post

After the sextuplets, they stopped. Kate has said that she doesn't plan to have any more children. She acknowledges that even with six, she sometimes feels that she can't give them all the attention that they deserve. That's something that doesn't seem to phase the Duggars.
    Well, to be nit-picky, Jon and Kate have stated they want to adopt a little girl from Korea. They want to experience ONE child rather than multiples. But who knows if they will. You're right, the Duggars seem to know no end to reproducing.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Elite Member

I saw an ad where Sunday night they are going to show the oldest boy's wedding. They show a part where he says they haven't even kissed (WTF!) and his dad is going to give him the sex talk and it shows them listening to a tape about "What to expect on your wedding night". I am tempted to watch, as it should be good for a lot of laughs!

It cracked me up the last time I watched this show, they were trying to decide or vote on the baby's name and one of the little girls suggested Giraffe... (because they start every name with a J) The dad did laugh and said it was good thinking..lol.
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

OK so I'm watching Josh and Anna's wedding on TLC right now and they just had a commercial for Plan B! Oh, the irony!

Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
    OK so I'm watching Josh and Anna's wedding on TLC right now
    Me too, and I'm just BOWLED OVER by what I just heard. That kid getting married is going to have his FIRST KISS On his wedding day?!?!

Fer real?! He's marrying her and they've never even kissed? I had NO IDEA they were that strict.

^^This is how they stay "pure" for the one that God has provided for them They also don't date - they ask the father for the girl's hand in marriage and then they have a courtship. They feel like dating gives a piece of you away to the person so that when you do get married, that person doesn't have your whole heart. The most they can do is hold hands and they always have to be chaperoned. Can you imagine being engaged and having to be chaperoned????

There are so many things pissing me off about this wedding and their way of life in general. They think dancing is too stimulating so no dancing at the wedding. JimBob has a man-to-man talk with Josh in the children's church area, and as they are sitting on little chairs, he compares sex to Legos. The worst thing of all - at the actual wedding ceremony, the bride Anna's father says that the purpose of the wedding is transfer authority from him to her husband Josh. As if she is a piece of property, a transaction. Also at the ceremony they make it clear that Anna is to submit to Josh as the head of the household and the one accountable to God. She is basically his "assistant", and baby-maker, as they made it clear that they will have as many children as the Lord wants.

For a family where sex is such a "taboo" - they sure spend an awful lot of time talking about it.

I am so intrigued in a train-wreck kind of way with this family.

^ I feel so bad for that girl Anna. She's been brainwashed and doesn't know what kind of hell she will be in for the rest of her life.

I love my daughter so much, I can't imagine marrying her off like that. It's just so sad, but they think it's "God's Will" and they are honoring the lord and all that crap. They believe they are doing the right thing....

I feel for all those kids... what happens if one of them really sees the light? Will it happen before 10 kids are born? Will they be cut off because they turned their back on GOD since they don't want to live this way?! I hope at least one of them escapes this mini cult.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    ^ I feel so bad for that girl Anna. She's been brainwashed and doesn't know what kind of hell she will be in for the rest of her life.
    I feel sorry for her too. Her parents creep me out as much as his. The fact that her father says they love their soon-to-be son-in-law, not because he's on TV, but because he's a good person immediately confirmed for me the fact he's on TV impresses them. The parents sat there in that booth with goofy grins on their faces, gloating. I'm sure they're wondering how they'll get a cut of the $$$$.

I just find the whole thing odd and their way of life icky on so many levels. Deep down, I really do believe that Michelle and Jim Bob keep pushing out kids simply for publicity and as someone suggested above, to have the older kids to help raise the younger ones. Anna's stupid as hell for getting stuck in this mess, but she probably knows no different.

The Duggars are just so creepy. They remind of a cult. Josh and Anna have never kissed, the kids all dress alike, the mother Michelle is just so beyond creepy and acts strung out. Big yuck to this clan.

Jon and Kate seem okay, their kids are really cute.
    Life is what happens to you
    While you're busy making other plans ~ John Lennon

i saw some of the wedding special last night. when i heard what they said about dancing, i was like WTF?!

CREEPS!

Quote Originally Posted by ekee View Post
    i saw some of the wedding special last night. when i heard what they said about dancing, i was like WTF?!

CREEPS!

Dancing can lead to lusty thoughts

why do the girls all have the same awful curly hair?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread Information