Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: The Duggars

These people just freak me out. I agree that John & Kate + 8 is cute and quirky but the Duggers are "off" somehow.

I watched one episode and she gave the recipe for "tater tot casserole" and I gagged! FREAKS!

Silver Member

I just can't get over the mom's hair. Imagine having to walk around with her mane!

I'm done watching this herd of people ever again. They are plain creepy and disturbing.
    I'm a motherfucker and sell candles

Default The Duggar's welcome their 18th child

It's a girl! Duggars welcome 18th child - Parenting & Family - MSNBC.com

MSNBC.com

It's a girl! Duggars welcome 18th child
    Ever-growing Arkansas family adds a holiday bundle-of-joy to their brood
    TODAY staff and wire
    updated 4:38 p.m. PT, Thurs., Dec. 18, 2008

Michelle Duggar has given birth to her 18th child.

The Arkansas supermom delivered the baby girl by Caesarean section Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Rogers. The baby, named Jordyn-Grace Makiya Duggar, weighed 7 pounds, 3 ounces and was 20 inches long.

"The ultimate Christmas gift from God," said Jim Bob Duggar, the father of the 18 children. "She's just absolutely beautiful, like her mom and her sisters."

The Duggars now have 10 sons and eight daughters.

Jim Bob Duggar said Michelle started having contractions Wednesday night. She needed the C-section, her third, because the baby was lying sideways. Jim Bob said both baby and mother were doing well Thursday night.

"We both would love to have more," he said.

The cable network TLC broadcasts a weekly show about the Duggars, called "Seventeen and Counting." Chris Finnegan of TLC — which handles public relations for the Duggar family — said the show's name would be updated to account for the latest addition to the family. He said TLC also will air a show Monday on the baby's delivery.

Jim Bob Duggar is 43, a year older than his wife. Their oldest child, Joshua, is 20.

"Our whole family is excited about Jordyn's addition to our family," Jim Bob Duggar said. "She's just perfect in every way."

All about family
    With the latest addition, the Duggars’ 18 natural children range in age from 20 years to one day old. Included in the mix are 10 boys and now eight girls — Joshua, twins Jana and John-David, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joy-Anna, twins Jedidiah and Jeremiah, Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, Johannah, Jennifer, and Jordyn-Grace.

With two sets of twins, Michelle, has gone through 15 pregnancies that ended in 13 natural deliveries and two Caesarean sections.

Both Michelle and Jim Bob — a former state legislator who served in the Arkansas House of Representatives — are real estate agents. They claim their family is debt-free, with the entire bunch helping to build their 7,000-square-foot home in Tontitown. And they are enriched by a devout faith in their religion.

The Duggars are followers of the evangelical Christian movement called Quiverful, which teaches that children are God’s blessing and that husbands and wives should happily welcome every child they are given. In fact, the Duggars' Web site, duggarfamily.com, quotes “Children are a heritage of the Lord” from verse 3 of the 123rd Psalm.

--The Associated Press contributed to this report

Visit TheDuggarFamily.com or TLC.com for more info on the family. Michelle and Jim Bob’s book, “The Duggars: 20 and Counting,” is out now on Howard Books. Their show “17 Kids and Counting” airs on TLC on Mondays at 10 p.m. EST. On Monday, Dec. 22 TLC will air a special episode of the show entitled "17 Kids and Counting: And Baby Makes 18" a 10 EST.

More parenting tips| disciplining children

© 2008 MSNBC Interactive
    URL: It's a girl! Duggars welcome 18th child - Parenting & Family - MSNBC.com

MSN Privacy . Legal
    © 2008 MSNBC.com

A c-section-I wonder why?

Elite Member

I saw on another site that the baby was sideways.

This is just icky.

Jordyn-Grace Makiya Duggar

What a beautful blend of white trash and ghetto.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

You would think the doctor could just stick their hands in that bat cave and move the kid around!! I can't imagine her needing a c-section. I guess sideways is the only way that kid could stay in there.

Quote Originally Posted by KristiB View Post
    A c-section-I wonder why?
    Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I saw on another site that the baby was sideways.

This is just icky.

Yeah, it says that in the story I posted...

You wouldn't think she need a C-section. One good cough and out it would pop.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Jordyn-Grace Makiya Duggar

What a beautful blend of white trash and ghetto.
    The managed to get the Y's in there. Why not Jordyn-Grayce Makiya so it's all balanced?

According to the last birth she should be re-pregnant in 3 to 4 months.

Jennifer Danielle, Born August 2, 2007
    Jordan-Grayce, Born December 18, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    Yeah, it says that in the story I posted...

Yeah, really, read the whole story people...

Your body can only handle so many sections. This being her third section, they are going to REALLY need to face some reality. She has a risk of uterine rupture. I'd hate to see a tragedy occur because of their stupid "oh we will take as many as god gives us" shit. They REALLY need to think about this.

Oh yeah, and that's the stupidest fucking name ever. They not only are risking Michelle and baby's health at this point, but they are running out of name ideas and it ain't pretty...
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by Algernon View Post
    Yeah, really, read the whole story people...

Your body can only handle so many sections. This being her third section, they are going to REALLY need to face some reality. She has a risk of uterine rupture. I'd hate to see a tragedy occur because of their stupid "oh we will take as many as god gives us" shit. They REALLY need to think about this.

Oh yeah, and that's the stupidest fucking name ever. They not only are risking Michelle and baby's health at this point, but they are running out of name ideas and it ain't pretty...

I think they were getting desperate back at "Jinger"...

Quote Originally Posted by a_dogs_life View Post
    These people just freak me out. I agree that John & Kate + 8 is cute and quirky but the Duggers are "off" somehow.
    Jon and Kate + 8 are whoring off their children for free things. That's not cute nor quirky. Kate has some real issues and isn't really happy being the caregiver, and Jon is an idiot, granted an idiot who is involved way more than Kate, but an idiot nonetheless. I vomit a little every time I see that harpy on tv, or doing some sort of 'book signing' or whatever. They just bought a million dollar home. Jon doesn't have a job, nor does Kate. I can't wait until TLC drops these douchebags and then J+K have to pay taxes on their home.
    Having multiple children does not make one special, and I hate TLC for making these idiots rich for being breeders.

The Duggars are no better. The girls are going to grow up and be like their Mommy (who is addicted to being pregnant because she's got some sort of mental disease), and the boys are going to grow up and marry girls and either 1) get bitch slapped silly, or 2) marry girls who are just like their mommy and create a Duggar army.
    Check out the link that was posted of the Sims version of Jon and Kate and the Duggars doing the Trading Spaces, hilarious and true.

I wonder what will happen when Michelle is physically no longer able to get pregnant. I think she may have some sort of mental breakdown.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread Information