Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: 'Downton Abbey' Renewed For Fourth Season

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Sorry I can only post the link but this can't be copied. It's a parody of the characters of DA on Facebook.

Downton Abbey Facebook Recap Season 3 Episode 7 | Happy Place
    I am thoroughly enjoying this! Thanks!

Absolutely hilarous!

"Lady Mary Changed Her Profile Picture"

Now the lead writer may be leaving. He wrote a pilot for NBC called the Guilded Age. If it gets picked up he will be the writer for that. He said he would stay involved with DA but others would write the actual scripts. I knew that all the US networks would be jumping all over period pieces as soon as they saw the success of DA.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Hit By Ban Bus!

Allen Leech interview. Three weeks into filming. Mary's arc will be central in series 4; things get 'exciting' for Tom around the middle of the season:

Downton Abbey Series 4 Allen Leech Interview - YouTube

I can't make it embed dadblabbit.

Tom Ellis was rumored to be up for the part of Lady Mary's love interest in Season 4 of Downton Abbey but this rumor is not coming true.

I don't know if this means no new love interest for Mary, or if it just means it's not this guy.

Thanks for all the updates folks. I'm in the UK and when i watched the Xmas special i was gutted at Matthews death. I hope they do alot with the characters in Season 4. The years have past but IMO the characters haven't changed much. I think that either Season 4 or 5 should be the last, as I am not sure how long this programme can go on for.

I too would like to see Mary have a new love interest. But I would like them to do more with the Earl, his wife and some of the other characters they have neglected this season. I will watch bits of season 4, but I am not as into it as i used to be. Also the Xmas special (apart from Matthews death) was dull.

I see more actors wanting to leave; they need to move the drama alittle away from the big house. The whole upstairs, downstairs drama is not working as well as it used to. Julian Fellowes seems to be running out of ideas in terms of what to do with the characters.
    Sasha likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by cool girl View Post
    Thanks for all the updates folks. I'm in the UK and when i watched the Xmas special i was gutted at Matthews death. I hope they do alot with the characters in Season 4. The years have past but IMO the characters haven't changed much. I think that either Season 4 or 5 should be the last, as I am not sure how long this programme can go on for.

I too would like to see Mary have a new love interest. But I would like them to do more with the Earl, his wife and some of the other characters they have neglected this season. I will watch bits of season 4, but I am not as into it as i used to be. Also the Xmas special (apart from Matthews death) was dull.

I see more actors wanting to leave; they need to move the drama alittle away from the big house. The whole upstairs, downstairs drama is not working as well as it used to. Julian Fellowes seems to be running out of ideas in terms of what to do with the characters.
    So totally agree they need to move some of the drama away from the house. This far removed from the war it's just not plausible for them to keep so many servants around. As I noted above, send a bunch of the favorites to Downton Village to make their own way in the world but also to give the audience a broader view of the time period. Bates and Anna can buy a pub, Mrs. Patmore and Daisy can go to the farm, promote Thomas to butler, [some servants are still needed to keep the place running] but marry off Carson and Mrs. Hughes and give them a pension and a little house of their own on the estate. Edith should spend more time in London, especially if she becomes the mistress of her editor.

Too much exciting stuff was happening in the 1920's for them to stick so close to home. As big as the house is and as much that goes on there it's become claustrophobic in the extreme.

I disagree about Matthew. It found him dull, predictable, and sexless. Not to mention chinless. I think his death will help breathe new life at Downton.

A*O

We're only half way through season 3 and I'm ready to bail. The only interesting character is Bates and he's still in jail. All the others, upstairs and downstairs, are just blah and I can't engage with them at any level. Simpering Countess Cora REALLY annoys me.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    We're only half way through season 3 and I'm ready to bail. The only interesting character is Bates and he's still in jail. All the others, upstairs and downstairs, are just blah and I can't engage with them at any level. Simpering Countess Cora REALLY annoys me.
    Cora does simper and it is annoying, but she's a pretty accurate portrayal of the women of her era, who were only required to look good and marry well. Mary and Edith are both very strong and interesting female characters imo, and make up for Cora.
    Last edited by Sasha; February 26th, 2013 at 08:12 AM.

Hit By Ban Bus!

DOWNTON Abbey is introducing its first black character as part of a storyline about race relations in the 1920s.

The award-winning stately home drama is seeking an actor to play musician Jack Ross.
    Casting notes were sent out to actors’ agents earlier this month. They describe Ross as “Male, 25-30. A musician (singer) at an exclusive club in the 20s.
    “He’s black and very handsome. A real man (not a boy) with charm and charisma.”
    Whoever lands the role should “ideally be able to sing brilliantly”. The notes add: “Overall he should be a very attractive man with a certain wow factor.” Jack Ross will play a key part in the fourth series of the hit TV saga alongside a string of other fresh faces.
    Lady Mary Crawley gets a new love interest — dashing Lord Anthony Gillingham.
    The character also helps the family with their money woes, so he could be a big hit with Mary’s father, the Earl of Grantham, played by Hugh Bonneville. In casting notes, the character is described as a “good looking, very charismatic” 35 to 45-year-old with a “perfect cut glass accent. He’s warm and charming, but also a strong man with morals.”
    Another new character is a party-loving cad called Sir John Bullock who “must be able to act drunk”.
    Filming on Downton is due to start on March 23.

Read more: Exclusive: Downton Abbey's first black character is to be Jack Ross | The Sun |Showbiz|TV

The filming date is inaccurate. Allen Leech said last week they had been back to work for a couple weeks.

Hit By Ban Bus!

*Spoilers*. Pics of Downton actors filming scenes in the Village:

Downton Abbey season four kicks off with the cast at the graveside of Matthew Crawley | Mail Online
    Bluebonnet and Froogy like this.

'Downton Abbey' Maid Sarah O'Brien Won't Return For Series 4, Actress Siobhan Finneran Confirms

PA | Posted: 01/03/2013 16:21 GMT | Updated: 01/03/2013 16:22 GMT

GET UK ENTERTAINMENT ALERTS:SIGN UP

FOLLOW:

TV news, Downton Abbey, Downton Abbey Series 4, Downton O'Brien, Sarah O'Brien, Siobhan Finneran, UK TV, Downton, UK Entertainment News

Downton Abbey's scheming maid Sarah O'Brien is to leave the hit period drama.
    Actress Siobhan Finneran said she will not be returning to the show as the nasty screen character, who is maid to Lady Grantham.
    Viewers have seen her throughout the first three series but O'Brien will not feature in the fourth series which is now being filmed.

Siobhan - soon to be seen in BBC1's The Syndicate - said she enjoyed playing the part, but she would not be back.
    "I'm not doing any more," she revealed. "O'Brien is a thoroughly despicable human being - that was great to play."
    During her time in the show she has been involved in a bitter feud with under-butler Thomas Barrow, as well as causing Cora Crawley to miscarry.
    A spokeswoman for Downton confirmed O'Brien would not feature in the fourth series, but it is understood the door could be left open for a return.
    At Christmas viewers were shocked to see the surprise exit of actor Dan Stevens when Matthew Crawley was killed off in the show's seasonal special.
    Siobhan is in the cast of the second series of The Syndicate, playing a nurse who wins millions on the lottery with her colleagues.
    The programme will return on BBC1 later this month.
    'Downton Abbey' Maid Sarah O'Brien Won't Return For Series 4, Actress Siobhan Finneran Confirms

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

good. Couldn't stand her character!

How do you prounouce "Siobhan"?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Bluebonnet likes this.

Sha-vaughn. It's a pretty name.

It's sooo not gonna be the same without O'Brien, and if this was her choice she's a muppet - the Syndicate is a heap of shite.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post
    Sha-vaughn. It's a pretty name.

It's sooo not gonna be the same without O'Brien, and if this was her choice she's a muppet - the Syndicate is a heap of shite.
    I wondered if O'Brien would be back when she kept talking in the finale about wanting to travel. She stabbed the Other O'Brien in the back trying to take her job with the lady who is going to India so I guess that's where she's gone.

I have a feeling Dan Stevens didn't go voluntarily and all that jazz he put out about his career opportunities was just face saving bullshit.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information