Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: 'Downton Abbey' Renewed For Fourth Season

I've watched all the seasons and I still get all of the character names mixed up...even the main ones.

Love the uncomfortable Anna and Bates storyline going on right now. It's the first time I've seen Bates with a pulse and prior to this plot direction I hadn't seen any chemistry between these two characters at all.

The actress who played Sybil is in the new movie "Winter's Tale" with Collin Farrell.

Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^Love her, and my men Rusty and Colin are in it so it's a will not miss movie for me.

Downton. ToMary---to marry another Earl's daughter lol!--are going to happen. Maybe not this season but it is inevitable. Tom's threatened immigration to America and Mary's budding love/hate thing with Evelyn's abrasive pal are but bumps on the road to true love dammit. Did you notice, at one point the camera cut to Tom and Mary for a split second and it was obvious they had their heads close, whispering about something? Plus they work so well together, and are so comfortable with each other, and their babies are already being raised as brother and sister. Might as well make it official lol.

I'm hating the manipulative,always threatening murder and mayhem Bates but at the same time I love it! NOW he's interesting, even if I think Anna should find a way to get away from him immediately. I don't believe for one second Bates believes a stranger raped his wife. I mean, a hue and cry would have been raised had a stranger wandered into Downton and viciously attacked one of the servants! Bates is no fool..he must know the only reason Anna and Hughes didn't make an outcry is because the attacker was known...he's biding his time.

Mary is a great snob. Her sister may have married a chauffer,but I do not think that is on Mary's agenda. We shall see. Maybe by season 7!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Mary is a great snob. Her sister may have married a chauffer,but I do not think that is on Mary's agenda. We shall see. Maybe by season 7!
    I don't agree Mary is a snob. She runs to the Butler for comfort and seems to view her maid Anna as a friend. Mary may be haughty of manner but she doesn't look down on those not of her class.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Now I see why everyone was trying to discourage me from shipping ToMary. Fellowes is going to shove the insipid Edith down poor Tom's throat, isn't he, meanwhile making the rest of us suffer. Given the way the Edith character has progressed from dowdy loser to clueless loser it could only be considered as punishment for Tom, who has apparently become the official whipping boy for the British aristo Fellowes.

With any other female character on this show I would view the choice to have a baby out of wedlock in 1922 as one of self-determination, and a will to fight a judgmental, patriarchal society. With the idiotic, asinine Edith, all I can think of is this peevish brat stupidly got herself into trouble so of course she's just going to throw it all off on mummy and daddy to solve so she doesn't have to suffer any consequences. Sorry, it's just how I feel about this gauche, envious creature who thought nothing of trying to make her sister Mary into an outcast for something that wasn't her fault. [there were very definite issues of consent with the beauteous Mr. Pamuk.] I always cheer when the icy Miss Mary treats Edith like the idiot she is.
    Last edited by Sasha; February 11th, 2014 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    I don't agree Mary is a snob. She runs to the Butler for comfort and seems to view her maid Anna as a friend. Mary may be haughty of manner but she doesn't look down on those not of her class.
    This is true, but she will not marry one.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Well, I'm Lady Edith.
    Oh dear.

I get to be the Dowager. Hee!
    Bluebonnet likes this.

A*O

Yikes, this is fairly accurate

Bluebonnet likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Who watched the season finale? Was it just me or did season 4 seem rather short?

I am the Dowager Countess. I am so not shocked!

That was the finale?????? Already??????

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    That was the finale?????? Already??????
    That's what I'm saying!!

Is it OK to post some of these spoiler/sneak peek articles about the upcoming season?

Some spoilers!!!!

Sneak peek: Tom Branson waves off 'love interest' Sarah Bunting as they film scenes for Downton Abbey season five

By REBECCA DAVISON
    PUBLISHED: 09:28 EST, 25 April 2014 | UPDATED: 10:46 EST, 25 April 2014

He was heartbroken when his wife, Lady Sybil (Jessica Brown Findlay) died in childbirth two years ago, but Tom Branson (Allen Leech) looks like he's formed a new strong bond in Downton Abbey.

The popular character could be seen paying governess, Sarah Bunting (Daisy Lewis) a visit as he filmed scenes for season five of Downton Abbey in Bamford, Oxfordshire on Friday.
    With a couple of suitcases by her side, the Irishman helps her into a car, suggesting she might be going away for a while, but viewers will have to wait and see if they end up together.

+7

Where is she going? Tom Branson (Allen Leech) can be seen waving off Sarah Bunting (Daisy Lewis) in a car as they film new Downton Abbey scenes in Bamford, Oxfordshire on Friday

Tom had planned to travel to America during the fourth season of the show but perhaps he will change his mind if a special someone persuades him to stay.

It's little wonder that Sarah has caught the former chaffeur's eye as she is pictured looking lovely in a blue coat, complete with orange dress during filming.
    Accessorizing with a russet-coloured hat and a beaded necklace, Sarah smiles at the handsome chap, although she looks despondent as she prepares to get into the car.

+7

Love interest: The governess seemed pleased to greet Tom when he arrived at her door

+7

Suited and booted: The Irishman was very smartly dressed for his encounter with the pretty brunette

+7

Waiting for someone? Sarah can be seen waiting at her door with a couple of battered leather suitcases

Plot details for the new series, slated for an autumn return, are being kept under wraps, but Hugh Bonneville, (Lord Grantham) and Michelle Dockery (Lady Mary) have also been filming this week.

Rob James-Collier, (Thomas Barrow) will make a return and show favourite, Dame Maggie Smith was also seen back in costume as her character, Violet Crawley, the Dowager Countess of Grantham.

New faces on the show are expected, including Richard E. Grant, who will play Simon Bricker, an art historian who is a house guest of the Crawley family.

+7

Worried about something: The character looked a little apprehensive at certain points

+7

Sad times: Sarah looked like she was about to cry as she headed off - but will she be back?

The character appears in four episodes later this year and threatens to ‘cause ructions’. Rade Serbedzija and Anna Chancellor are also expected to join the cast.
    Fans of the show were thrilled when its creator Julian Fellowes revealed there would be a sixth series, after the fifth was widely thought to be the last. He told The Express:
    'I have no plans to stop writing and while ratings are as high as they are I can’t see they wouldn’t commission another series. It’s just that they won’t confirm until the fifth series is televised.'

+7

Pensive: Tom looked deep in thought as he had a moment to himself in the street

Read more: Downton Abbey season 5 filming sees Tom Branson wave off Sarah Bunting | Mail Online

This lady was one character I hoped wouldn't return. I think it would be great for Tom to find another love interest but I really didn't like this character. Having her push herself into Downton and then giving herself a tour of the upstairs, was just rude.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread Information