Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don't miss Terri Irwin's interview tonight on 20/20

Oh she is, just as we're allowed to question her motives or performance
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

i watched it on the commercials for project runway and i thought she wasn't ready to speak publically like that; obviously it was too soon. I do feel sorry for her and her kids. and Barbara walters was barbara walters; the original Asshat.

My roommates were watching it, and I sat in the corner making fun of it (they did too at times, they were more focused on Barbara Walters and how little she seemed to care though). The thing we all really caught on to was how robotic she was throughout the entire thing. It really was too soon if she has to act like something with zero emotion to even get through the interview.

Didn't stop us from making fun of her monotone responses though. I know, we're going to hell.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Maybe she was sedated? I know we mock alot but I do feel bad for the woman, as I would anybody who lost a loved one. I'm just saying it's pretty quick to be on TV. I would presume that she'd want to hole up with the kids, but I guess everyoone reacts differently in these situations.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Elite Member

Her and Steve were obviously extroverts. I think they were both outgoing, full of tremendous energy and obviously 'talkers'. There wasn't a shy bone in their bodies and that's probably why the little girl, Bindi is so articulate herself, even on camera. She got it from both her parents, that outgoing-ness. I think it's genuine---that's just them.

I thought Terri was cute. The stories of their adventures were funny. For the average woman, chasing crocodiles probably wouldn't be their cup of tea but she seemed to be mesmerized by Steve's enthusiasm and his lifestyle. They seemed to be totally fit for each other which is cool. Like they say, there's somebody for everybody! lol! Terri says it was a good life, a great marriage and she had the time of her life with him...that if she had to do it all over again, she'd do it in a heartbeat. What a wonderful thing to be able to say. She WAS blessed. They both were.

Anyway, I could definitely see Terri loves and misses her husband. But she she seems like a total optimist (the way he was). I'm sure that a lot of him rubbed off on her. On a good day, I truly believe that they would've been a hoot to be around in person (Steve and Terri).

I personally appreciated Terri Irwin opening up her stories to the American public. In the midst of sadness, it's good to remember the good times--and she did. It was a good interview and she did her husband proud.

I like your thoughts PrettyGirl I agree with what you say. I felt the same way. I think she felt compelled to speak because of the tremendous public interest and outpouring of sympathy for him and his family. Everyone was talking about it at work, it was on the internet, etc. etc. So I was myself interested in seeing her speak. But it was obvious she was still very much in pain and distraught, she kept on breaking down many times.

When you look at the train wrecks that get all the media attention in our society like paris hilton and lindsay lohan with their one week relationships, it was quite the fairy tale to hear her talk about how they first met and their courtship. They were married within 9 months of first meeting, it was love at first sight. Steve loved kids as much as he loved his animals. It was heartbreaking to hear her recollections of how she heard of his death.

Elite Member

^I agree, Celeb. Some people are very private and need to be alone. Others feel comforted by speaking of their loved one. I think they lived a very public life and they don't seem like mean-spirited people at all. The interview was sad to see, but Terri will be okay. She has that zoo to run and all the projects her husband was working on. Plus, she's obviously surrounded by a lot of people: employees, business associates, family, her kids. She'll be busy for a long time. Terri was cute and quirky (like Steve), but I'm glad she was able to laugh and speak about him. They were both so full of life and so much enthusiasm...what a wonderful thing that they enjoyed their time together . They were a great 'team'. Terri obviously seems like she has wonderful memories of him and is very proud to have been his wife. Hopefully one day down the road she'll find love again.

ANC

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    Her and Steve were obviously extroverts. I think they were both outgoing, full of tremendous energy and obviously 'talkers'. There wasn't a shy bone in their bodies and that's probably why the little girl, Bindi is so articulate herself, even on camera. She got it from both her parents, that outgoing-ness. I think it's genuine---that's just them.

I thought Terri was cute. The stories of their adventures were funny. For the average woman, chasing crocodiles probably wouldn't be their cup of tea but she seemed to be mesmerized by Steve's enthusiasm and his lifestyle. They seemed to be totally fit for each other which is cool. Like they say, there's somebody for everybody! lol! Terri says it was a good life, a great marriage and she had the time of her life with him...that if she had to do it all over again, she'd do it in a heartbeat. What a wonderful thing to be able to say. She WAS blessed. They both were.

Anyway, I could definitely see Terri loves and misses her husband. But she she seems like a total optimist (the way he was). I'm sure that a lot of him rubbed off on her. On a good day, I truly believe that they would've been a hoot to be around in person (Steve and Terri).

I personally appreciated Terri Irwin opening up her stories to the American public. In the midst of sadness, it's good to remember the good times--and she did. It was a good interview and she did her husband proud.
    I'll give you a standing ovation for this. Great post.
    Too many idiots, not enough villages.

Maybe you two should get a room!

A*O

She did an almost identical interview for our Channel 9, but that's probably because she was asked the same stupid questions "Do you miss him?" etc etc. But she did let slip that she's going to make Australia Circus, sorry Zoo bigger and better and 'just like Disneyland', presumably with her kids as the star attractions. The Irwins always tried to portray themselves as conservationists etc etc but only if there was a camera rolling and a sweet deal with Discovery Channel or whatever. Apart from provoking dangerous animals to attack him because it makes good TV, I'd be very interested to know what really meaningful 'conservation' projects they've organised. He bought a lot of land around Australia 'to preserve a wildlife habitat' and to stop it being developed into golf courses and retirement resorts but as far as I know no endangered species have been rescued from certain doom. In any event, crocodiles are not endangered. Just because you star in an expensive documentary about whales or snakes or orang utans doesn't mean you are doing anything constructive to 'protect' them.

Interesting that after the initial Diana-esque hysteria here, people are beginning to ask questions about what Steve Irwin actually did apart from being a very skillful showman and Professional Australian and there is a lot of overt criticism about how his kids are being groomed to carry on his 'legacy'.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I watched the interview and I was in tears. If you have ever truly been in love and found your one and only mate for life, it would move you too. Regardless of what Steve and Teri did for a living, regardless of the circumstances of how he died, just that loss for her really got to me. She lost her best friend, and I totally felt for her. I couldn't imagine it, nor would I want to. That would be a pain that would never heal for me. So I guess I took the interview in a different way than the others.

Yeah I mean who cares really about all this money making hoopla? He made money so what? He seemed to make a lot of people happy, mostly kids and that is a good thing. I can't see how that is a bad thing??

I have heard a particular poster on here say good on SVZ for making money from this site which is something a lot of us enjoy. They also stated *good for him* and it is no one else's business how much money he made from here because he put his time into it and it made a lot of us happy. Now I am not arguing with that just merely pointing out that I can't see the difference.

Steve was a business man and so what ? I would rather see someone make the majority of people out there happy then have to watch and listen to some of the moronic boring drone wankers out there.

A*O

I have absolutely NO problem with the Irwins earning millions from their 'work' but can we please have some honesty about it. He is being portrayed as a selfless eco-hero motiviated purely by his passion for conservation, etc etc and I believe he was genuinely interested in wildlife but the grief-fest that his 'martyrdom' generated was out of ALL proportion to what he actually did, ie, make TV doccos about scary animals.

I feel desperately sad for Terri and I feel even sorrier for those poor kids. Nobody deserves to lose a husband and father at such a young age - it's a tragedy. I hope that now she has bared her soul on national TV she will be left alone to grieve in private but I doubt it will happen when she's already talking about new 'projects' ie films starring Bindi - Crocodile Princess.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I guess the family business is gearing up for a new star.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information