Page 8 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Dexter on Showtime

I don't think Dexter should trust Liliah under any circumstances, but I am enjoying her presence on the show. She definitely brings out something in Dexter, and I'm beyond bored with Rita and the kids anyway.

^^^
    same here. i don't dislike rita but she's too wimpy and two-dimensional. i think she was good practice for dexter but he's outgrown her.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Yep, Rita was training wheels, now our boy is reading to ride a real bike!

Wink

Okay so I have never been attracted to Dexter before but the way he was looking at Lila last night... he doesn't look at Rita that way. I thought he was going to devour her. And it got me all hot and bothered! HAHAHA. Doakes is still one of my favorites.

SURPRISE, MOTHAFUCKA!

Bronze Member

I do think Lila's bringing an interesting element to the show, but does anyone else think they are trying WAY too hard to make her sexy? She'd actually come off as sexier if it didn't seem so contrived.

And Rita definitely looks like she had some work done...her lips look bigger.

^^^
    that's true. her whole character is really contrived, her mannerisms, the way she speaks... it's a bit too much actually, they should let her be a little more natural.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by lalkinds View Post
    I do think Lila's bringing an interesting element to the show, but does anyone else think they are trying WAY too hard to make her sexy? She'd actually come off as sexier if it didn't seem so contrived.

They need to give the poor girl some eyelashes if they are trying to make her sexy. Her face is just off and I normally like the exotic look.

I think Lila is pretty...until she opens her mouth. She has the funkiest little teeth I have ever seen. They look like baby teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by lalkinds View Post

Definitely agree on Lila. It's like they're trying to hit us over the head with how sexy and tempting she is to "Dextah"...Ugh I can't stand her and her stupid accent, it's like a freakin' cockney flower girl. And speaking of collagen lips, she definitely has had her lips done. Her top lip has that curled-over look from over-inflation and the resulting shadow that ends up looking like a mustache.

I'm ready for them to get rid of Lila. They need to find another way to bring in that interesting element.

As far as Rita, I was thinking more of a brow lift. Her eyebrows seem higher, more arched.

Bronze Member

^^Hmmm, maybe it's the brows, too...but something looks so off to me in the mouth region. Whatever she did, it looks bizarre.

Yes get rid of Lila. Is she going to reform Dexter? Nooooo, I want my serial killers to, you know, KILL!

He should have killed that guy who killed his mother. Really slowly too.

I'm betting the Lila thing is merely a plot device, to make us falsely believe that Dexter can just...quit. The non-flattering light they've been lately casting Harry under is part of that too I believe. For all his numerous flaws, I think Harry has absolutely right when he saw that Dexter has killing urges he can't control. Stopping with the murders may well work in the short term, but eventually that violence will need to be let out, and when it does, it will be explosive. Will make for damn fine TV too.

Lila is very affected as an actress, but I enjoy the dynamic between her and Dexter.

^^^
    i have a feeling harry is his biological father. he was sleeping with the mother, and it would also explain why he only adopted dexter and not his brother as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^
    i have a feeling harry is his biological father. he was sleeping with the mother, and it would also explain why he only adopted dexter and not his brother as well.
    Good theory, but in season 1 Dexter had discovered his bio father (in the episode where he first meets Rudy), and it was confirmed through a DNA test.

^^
    i'd completely forgotten about that. so much for my theories lol

Page 8 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread Information