Page 70 of 72 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1074
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Dexter on Showtime

Well I'm finally caught up. I swear someone here mentioned him leaving with Hannah and heading to South America as a possible outcome. I wonder if they'll make it.

I'm sad there's only 3 episodes left
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

^^I think there were a few of us who thought it would end with Dex and Hannah heading to Argentina.

I'm pretty sad that Dexter is ending. It's like losing an old, creepy friend. I'll miss all those fools. Even Deb.
    Laxmobster likes this.

Well...I'm not sure how to feel
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

agreed. so bizarre.

Elite Member

Didn't end the way I wanted. Hannah and Dex taken down at the airport. Deb recovers and raises Harrison. It makes so much sense to let a murderous bitch raise a child, writers! It sucked!! Of course I have such a dislike for Yvonne S as an actress I simply wanted her dead. lol

Also explain how Dex survived driving into the eye of a cane? Really, geez that was moronic.

^really. how did he get back and leave his boat? swim through the nice choppy waves?

plus i thought he sold his boat (and apartment and gave his suv to astor)

also how come no one was looking for harrison? if they assumed he was dead too, they would've mentioned it in the call to batista (only mentioned dexter missing), as well as he would have been in the papers (not just forensic tech dead, it would be family dead or some murder/suicide type thing).
    Alysheba likes this.

That was completely weird.

One way to explain all the ridiculous plot holes and bad writing of recent seasons (example one: HANNAH DYE YOUR FUCKING HAIR) would be if....

It was all just the brightly-colored, wistful daydream of a lonely serial killer lumberjack.

(Or maybe, the afterlife for serial killers is spending eternity in a sad lumberyard in the gray, rainy Pacific Northwest. Since that is the region which some say spawns more serials than any other...)

Or we could follow the ideas of the showrunner (asshole) Scott Buck, who admits that the Pacific Northwest finale WAS indeed a serial killer in-reference and that his crew felt Dexter was not someone who could ultimately ever commit suicide. Hence, the miraculous escape. And, he threw away his phone not because he was about to commit suicide but because it was the last remnant of his old life.

The scene where he buries Deb at sea was oddly haunting and effective. I'll give them that. Her death was the one part of all this I found hard to stomach. Holy filet of fuck, I liked Deb and her foul mouth.

I do kind of enjoy the idea that Dexter, having come face to face via Deb's death with the hard truth that he destroys everyone he loves and who loves him, might have decided that the bleak horror of survival would be the logical way to pay for all that he had done. There's a certain poetic justice there.

If I view this basically dumb piece of writing from that perspective it redeems it somewhat, even gives it a little depth. It's as if, at the end, Dexter took on the pain of everyone he failed and harmed and decided to bear it all himself. Having made himself human and learned how to feel, he realized too late that he could never go back to the way he had been before. So his self-imposed sentence: live and suffer.

More likely, however, that someone has spin-offs in mind.

I actually like the serial killer lumberjack's dream concept best.
    Trixie likes this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

A*O

Sigh. So now some bad lumberjacks are going to start "disappearing". Dex now has access to some really nasty machinery so it could work.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Elite Member

The scene with him dumping Deb's body into the ocean gave me the chills. I found it appalling and so disrespectful. Dump your sister in with the rest of your kills, wow, that's just cold. However, I do recall a comment made by Jennifer Carpenter that she wanted her character to die in the end and close the book.

I didn't understand the plot hole regarding Harrison either. Poor kid is doomed anyway.

Oh and I do have a question, did Hannah kill Elway or was he tranquilized? I wasn't sure about that. I know she gave him horse tranq but wasn't sure he bit the dust. If so he went about it completely wrong. Anyone with any LEO experience knows tail her, alert the authorities to meet her when she stepped off the bus.

Fuck this ending. It sucked. I would have rather seen Dex go to jail for offing Saxon and no one be the wiser of his other crimes. The plot holes were so big I figure that's how he escaped by driving his boat right through them. This show jumped the shark after season 4 and never recovered. I'll go back to the books where Dexter is not a total dumbass and Deb already knows what he is and doesn't let that "ruin" her life. I still love MCH and Jennifer Carpenter and they deserved better than this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I don't necessarily think it was a horrible ending, but I didn't think it was a great ending. I would have liked for Dexter to have been found out, maybe not caught, but found out. I really did want everyone to know that the guy they thought was odd was the most prolific serial killer in Miami history. Also, I wanted Matthews to know. I still think that he did or is that what the writers wanted us to think? That Matthews knew all along, given his history with Vogel and Harry Morgan?
    Dexter certainly didn't think things through. If he did, would he have left Harrison with someone like Hannah? Jamie would have been a better choice. Unless he thinks Harrison is going to have a Dark Passenger of his own and need someone to nurture that???

I don't really mind that Dexter didn't get his happy ending. He's a twisted person after all. He does destroy everyone in his life. I like that he ended up in the Pacific Northwest...home of the serial killer.

A*O

The fascinating moral dilemma posed by the whole Dexter story is whether its OK for a mad guy to kill bad guys. They explored Deb's ambivalence about it somewhat but it would have been interesting to see how Dexter's colleagues felt once they found out what he'd been doing. In many cases he just carried out the death sentence instead of the State anyway with the bonus of dishing out some justice to the ones that got away from "the system" and therefore righted a wrong.

The ending has left the story wide open for spin offs. Fast forward a few years and see if Harrison has inherited his father's propensities which was hinted at in a couple of the books.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I'll go back to the books where Dexter is not a total dumbass and Deb already knows what he is and doesn't let that "ruin" her life. I still love MCH and Jennifer Carpenter and they deserved better than this.
    Cheers to that! Last week I watched a panel of this season's cast and they were all satisfied with the ending. Jennifer kept going on and on that this is how it was supposed to end. Everyone said this was the right finish to the story. I also don't think Michael C. Hall wants to play Dexter anymore. He commented that he would maybe wanna try his hand at comedy after playing such a dark character. It was a really good talk with everyone, including the writers. After Trinity, they made a 3 season plan to end it all. Haha someone also asked Michael and Jennifer what it was like to work post-divorce she did her typical Deb talk/whimper...Something about their love never ending and having a commitment to their characters.

So I totally did not think of other possibilities to this ending. A dream? Serial Killer after life? I just assumed he survived somehow, but I have no fucking clue HOW!!! LOL Now I'm actually ok with the ending, the not knowing. I still have a shit ton of questions though . Also Deb's death really affected me, I might have done a bit of sobbing at the end. It shocked me because I was never fond of her character but did grow to like her later. I certainly did not have this feeling when Rita died...

(P.S. The new Dexter book came out last week, Dexter's Final Cut!)

The more I thiink about it the madder I get about how shitty it was and how shitty it has been since Trinity. I loved Deb ever since the beginning of the show she was an awesome character that they turned into a whiny bitch that fell in love with her brother. Gross much? It seemed to me the writers hated Jennifer Carpenter and wanted to torture her post divorce by making her have those feelings for Dexter. Like I said I think I'll go back to the books and start them over and enjoy it that way because this was just such a disappointment. I'm still scratching my head about the Musuka has a kid storyline and why Jamie was every relevant, etc. Just so, so sloppy.
    Beeyotch likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post

More likely, however, that someone has spin-offs in mind.

I actually like the serial killer lumberjack's dream concept best.
    Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    The ending has left the story wide open for spin offs. Fast forward a few years and see if Harrison has inherited his father's propensities which was hinted at in a couple of the books.
    I just watched the final epi so I can finally come in and read the comments. Spin-off was my first thought too. Fast-forward several years. This one will be called "HARRISON" because we know that kid will be super fucked up with his dad's serial killer genes and his mom-figure's sociopathic ways. Lumberjack Dexter will come back to play Harry to Harrison's dark passenger.

Sorry...still processing the finale in my head.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Thread Information