Page 69 of 72 FirstFirst ... 19596566676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1074
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Dexter on Showtime

i wonder if the apprentice will take out dexter (and leave the possibility of a spin off)

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    See I want him to leave with no one the wiser or just have it end with him still being himself. I'm gonna be really disappointed with anything else.
    I'd like that too. But I figure we won't get our wish.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Well, only have 5 more episodes to see how it all ends for Dex. Will he finally turn on Deb for trying to get rid of Hannah, the love of his life? Will the young apprentice have something to do with his end? Will he get busted by Quinn? Or will he run off to Argentina and live happily ever after with Hannah? I just want Miami Metro to know what they've been living with for all these years. Somehow, I think that will be the best part.
    Pretty likely that all will be revealed. I just hope that includes the weird shit with Matthews and Vogel, whom I believe were duping Harry all along and grooming Dexter for their own purposes.

My fear is that the show will end with Deb dying and Dexter and Hannah swanning off to South America. I WOULD like Hannah if she were as well-written as Dexter himself originally was. That is, as sympathetically, maybe? I feel like the writers are creating this "happy ending" for Dex in a spirit of deep sarcasm; in other words, what he foolishly believes will be his happy ending with the love of his life will in fact be his death warrant. Hannah, as they've drawn her, is a complete narcissistic sociopath who lies about everything, and I'm convinced that sooner or later Dexter will get in her way and she'll off him as casually as she took out her ex and numerous others. She doesn't want people to know she gets off on it, but imo she does. She might shed one wee self-pitying tear when she kills Dexter, but not more than that LOL.

I would've liked the nastiness of this ending had the writers been gifted enough to paint the irony clearly, but they haven't, in my opinion. Hannah is just irritating and Dexter's cow-eyed worship of her more irritating still. I like the actress who plays her, though. She's done a great job with poor material.

The weird thing about this season is that I've really come to like poor Quinn! I wish that actor would get off the smack or laxatives or whatever it is he's abusing.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

I love Hannah's character. I figure Deb is going to kill her but what repercussions that will have for Dexter I'm not sure about yet. I love Matsuka, I do but I'm so not sure why I should care about this kid showing up and what it has to do with wrapping this all up.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I love Hannah's character. I figure Deb is going to kill her but what repercussions that will have for Dexter I'm not sure about yet. I love Matsuka, I do but I'm so not sure why I should care about this kid showing up and what it has to do with wrapping this all up.
    That's what I was thinking too. I really don't know what to think of this season so far and I agree there seems to be too much going on for a final season.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by JerriBlank View Post
    i wonder if the apprentice will take out dexter (and leave the possibility of a spin off)
    I thought about the spin-off idea and I really hope it doesn't happen.

I feel like Matsuka's daughter came into the picture for the irony of it, sex-crazed perv ends up being a father...

Although I will always want Dexter free, I really hope they shock us for the finale. The only thing that would do that for me is for him to get caught. I don't want to see it but I kinda do!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

After this last episode, it seems more like Deb is gonna let Hannah live. I think Yvonne Strahowski's working wonders with the part this season, but there's also a sense that the writers (being, as usual, rather inconsistent) appear to be writing her more sympathetically. I read a funny interview with her where she called Hannah "a sensitive sociopath".

The character I'm betting won't survive the season is Deb, and that pisses me off. Maybe I just like potty-mouthed women.

And I still think Dr. Vogel is a very deliberate Hannibal Lector tribute. That casserole she served them all last night--think the ingredients included brains? I liked her vegetarian joke.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

All I can say is holy shit does Dexter have a fine ass or what!!!!! Yum!

Okay so did Quinn kill the neighbor in order to frame the kid. I gotta agree with you Kathie about Dr. Vogel seems so weird that she was so insistent they stay for dinner. She for sure served them brains. I'm sure the reason she was able to come up with the code was the fact that she follows one of her own.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Elite Member

Please kill Hannah and the actress PLEASE! I lost all respect for the writers bringing her back. I'm officially no longer Dexter's cheerleader, he can die, painfully. I hope Deb puts a bullet in Dex and Hannah's head.

Regarding Quinn, I thought it was possible Quinn killed Cassie (the neighbor) and planted the evidence when he approached Dexter about the forensics. But I can't see Quinn doing that. At this point he's the only character with an ounce of integrity. OR she was killed by whoever the writers chose to completely dismantle the last seven years to trap Dexter lying about evidence.

I was surprised Zach was killed off. My first thought...that was a pointless story line, regardless of how they spin it along with the rest of the season including Masuka's daughter, Niki. Bringing in this many new characters is suicide.

My choice for the Brain Surgeon...I'm going way out there...Tom Matthews. Why not?

So let's end this piece of pathetic artistic slop and make sure everybody dies...show over.

A*O

I think Dr Vogel is the brain surgeon. But I agree the show jumped the shark a couple of seasons ago so I don't really care about any of the characters now.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Elite Member

A*O, you're most likely correct, I mentioned Tom Matthews since that character has been basically ignored and in the background. My suspicions come from past episodes when he refused to listen to LaGuerta's evidence, then he obviously "protected" Zach from being interrogated.

Matthews cows down to the rich and Zach's father was rich. I think Vogel is the surgeon as well and used it to get close to Dexter again. I agree the show the show lost its luster after season 4 but I like Hannah's character. I just hate how stupid they have made Dexter look for years now.

Elite Member

That's true, Dexter has had a personality realignment.

Yeah....my guy had never seen Dexter so we've been (slowly) watching the first season and I had kind of forgotten what 1st season Dexter was like. He was such a better character then and way more of a badass...

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    I thought about the spin-off idea and I really hope it doesn't happen.

I feel like Matsuka's daughter came into the picture for the irony of it, sex-crazed perv ends up being a father...

Although I will always want Dexter free, I really hope they shock us for the finale. The only thing that would do that for me is for him to get caught. I don't want to see it but I kinda do!
    I want Dexter to be found out, but I don't want him to be caught. I want everyone to realize that the strange blood spatter guy, that always made them a little uneasy, is this methodical serial killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    After this last episode, it seems more like Deb is gonna let Hannah live. I think Yvonne Strahowski's working wonders with the part this season, but there's also a sense that the writers (being, as usual, rather inconsistent) appear to be writing her more sympathetically. I read a funny interview with her where she called Hannah "a sensitive sociopath".

The character I'm betting won't survive the season is Deb, and that pisses me off. Maybe I just like potty-mouthed women.

And I still think Dr. Vogel is a very deliberate Hannibal Lector tribute. That casserole she served them all last night--think the ingredients included brains? I liked her vegetarian joke.
    I'm pretty sure Deb isn't going to make it and I'm pretty sure there was something nasty in that food last night. I sort of thought Quinn had set up Zach for the murder of Cassie, but I can't imagine that he would do that. I think it was Vogel or The Brain Surgeon or a combo of the two.

Also, I'm sure that Matthews knows way more than he's letting on.

A*O

Ive rewatched and Im certain Vogel is the Brain Surgeon and she served up her fave ingredient in that pie.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Thread Information