Page 68 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1074
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Dexter on Showtime

Well this show sucks big donkey balls now. I hated that ending. The only redeeming thing about the last ep were all the Doakes flashbacks (obviously someone reads what fans talk about) and Dexter seeing where he should have been more careful (which is ironic considering how he's far from that he is now).
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I'm *very* disappointed that the Swamp Doakes theory didn't pan out.

If they pursue that incesty Debra/Dexter thing (they looked a little close, if uncomfortable, in that final scene) they will ruin this series for me.
    gas_chick likes this.

I had never seen any of the Doakes storyline until the season finale. That Doakes dude was one of the most over-the-top cartoonish characters I've ever seen on episodic TV. With his arms that looked like thunder thighs, and his popping off at anything and everything -- I guess it was 'roid rage.

What I don't get was this. Dexter's ghost dad pleaded with him that killing Laguerta would be breaking "the code". But clearly, Dexter had already broken the code when he killed Doakes, unless I don't understand that season's storyline correctly.

I thought that Hannah really cut Deb down to size, slyly pointing out Deb's incredible hypocrisy in being willing to excuse Dexter's murderous actions while pursuing Hannah like Inspector Javert. I've got to believe at that point, that Deb's motivations were revealed to be more of a love rivalry rather than bringing a horrible person to justice. At that point, it seems like there was nothing left for Deb to do but become an even more of an accomplice of Dexter's. I guess that final season will be devoted to Dexter and Deb mowing down the greater Miami-Dade population of high-priority scofflaws.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I had never seen any of the Doakes storyline until the season finale. That Doakes dude was one of the most over-the-top cartoonish characters I've ever seen on episodic TV. With his arms that looked like thunder thighs, and his popping off at anything and everything -- I guess it was 'roid rage.

What I don't get was this. Dexter's ghost dad pleaded with him that killing Laguerta would be breaking "the code". But clearly, Dexter had already broken the code when he killed Doakes, unless I don't understand that season's storyline correctly.

I thought that Hannah really cut Deb down to size, slyly pointing out Deb's incredible hypocrisy in being willing to excuse Dexter's murderous actions while pursuing Hannah like Inspector Javert. I've got to believe at that point, that Deb's motivations were revealed to be more of a love rivalry rather than bringing a horrible person to justice. At that point, it seems like there was nothing left for Deb to do but become an even more of an accomplice of Dexter's. I guess that final season will be devoted to Dexter and Deb mowing down the greater Miami-Dade population of high-priority scofflaws.
    Yeah well Dexter, unlike Hannah, "has the ultimate trump card: he's family." (stolen from Maggie Smith on Downton Abbey)

Dexter didn't kill Doakes. Crazy bitch Lila did.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Dexter didn't kill Doakes. Crazy bitch Lila did.

Oh. And then Dexter framed him after the fact to throw the trail off?

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Oh. And then Dexter framed him after the fact to throw the trail off?
    You got it! And I'm with you.. I never was a huge Doakes fan, but everyone loves him. Over the top is the perfect description.

Also, I so knew what Debra was going to do. Not sure why everyone I know is so shocked as it obviously had to happen that way. I think next season is the last. I wonder if Hannah will be the "big bad"?

That bitch is gonna bring him down. I told y'all she was no good.
    laynes likes this.

Finally caught the finale...Yeah I was kinda hoping Doakes might make a comeback especially with reading the books, but I didn't see how it was possible with how Season 2 ended. I totally see the incestuous thing happening with Dex and Deb now, which makes me vom a lil.

On a side note, my roommate snuck up on me in the kitchen wearing Dexter's kill uniform. He whispered "What are you doing?" in this super creepy voice. I nearly shit myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

I still haven't watched it. I know how much I'm gonna hate it.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

So, has anybody been watching the new/last season?

There've been a couple of strong episodes. Charlotte Rampling is great, just the right amount of Hannibal Lecter in her ever-so-calculating psychiatrist role. And I like the way they're developing Quinn, too, and Debra's boss.

But overall, it's really not impressing me much. I feel like this show kinda lost its zing quite a while ago..
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

I'm hoping it is turning a corner this season now that Debra is coming along. All her whiny bullshit was killing it for me. There are several storylines I'm not sure why I should care like the surprise daughter but I'm happy to see Hannah is back. Love that character myself.

Well, only have 5 more episodes to see how it all ends for Dex. Will he finally turn on Deb for trying to get rid of Hannah, the love of his life? Will the young apprentice have something to do with his end? Will he get busted by Quinn? Or will he run off to Argentina and live happily ever after with Hannah? I just want Miami Metro to know what they've been living with for all these years. Somehow, I think that will be the best part.

See I want him to leave with no one the wiser or just have it end with him still being himself. I'm gonna be really disappointed with anything else.
    Laxmobster likes this.

A*O

There isn't room for Hannah AND Deb in his life so one of them has to go, probably Deb as she has the power to end his career permanently. The Apprentice is way too impulsive and reckless and will never learn The Code so he's got to go too. I think that pervert Matsuka will probably end up with his "daughter" LOL
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Thread Information