Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1074
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Dexter on Showtime

I'm pretty sure it's been stated there will only be one other season after this one, which is good because there's only so far you can go before Dexter is either caught or is forced to vanish.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

It's just dawning on me how much Dexter looks and acts like the guy who hired me (long ago) for my first "real" job. Same build, facial features, and repressed "I'd like to kill you - or at least kill SOMEONE" look.

Damnit. I'm going to miss Isaak Sirko.

I bet a number of people here had a false sigh of relief when they thought that Hannah had bled out.

And shouldn't it be patently obvious that the pyromaniac is the technician investigating the murders?

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Damnit. I'm going to miss Isaak Sirko.

I bet a number of people here had a false sigh of relief when they thought that Hannah had bled out.

And shouldn't it be patently obvious that the pyromaniac is the technician investigating the murders?
    Me too!!! yes, dammit! and probably...yup.

The look on Hannah's face when Dex confessed that he needs her... I foresee trouble in paradise, sooner or later.

Seriously, he's being so naive. How can he feel safe with her? Ffs, she's an impulse killer/sociopath, WITHOUT a "code". If he ceases to become useful to her...if she wearies of him....if she meets somebody more advantageous to her....this chick doesn't mate for love. Give me a break. Plus, Deb is someone Hannah would definitely try to eliminate via a convenient "accident" should she and Dex break up. Deb knows too much.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    Me too!!! yes, dammit! and probably...yup.

The look on Hannah's face when Dex confessed that he needs her... I foresee trouble in paradise, sooner or later.

Seriously, he's being so naive. How can he feel safe with her? Ffs, she's an impulse killer/sociopath, WITHOUT a "code". If he ceases to become useful to her...if she wearies of him....if she meets somebody more advantageous to her....this chick doesn't mate for love. Give me a break. Plus, Deb is someone Hannah would definitely try to eliminate via a convenient "accident" should she and Dex break up. Deb knows too much.
    The look on her face when he said he needed her didn't look good. It didn't make sense to me, though, because Hannah was also making sacrifices for Dexter's safety. Did you get the idea from the previews for next week that she is starting to "not get" him? Like, disturbed by some aspect of his behavior.

I'm also surprised that she didn't just let the poison finish the job when Jurg started choking. Her mastery of poisoning is supposed to be such that his death would have been quick and inevitable, and he would have had no idea that she was the cause of it. Instead, she needlessly (as far as I can tell), tries to hasten it, while he was still conscious enough to defend himself and strike back at her.

I thought that was a lame way to take out a great bad guy like Isaac.
    gas_chick and chartreuse like this.

I finally watched. I'm having to force myself the last few weeks and I totally agree how could they so lamely let Isaac go and we are apparently shifting gears with this arson bullshit and no way in hell would Matthews help Laguerta. I just don't buy it and how easily she's like oh yeah it's Dexter. She's never had a problem with him before.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! I just thought I was pissed before. Dexter is stupid, stupid, stupid and that is not the character and I hate the writers just keep making him dumber. First of all I think Deb set Hannah up but why the hell would Deb want to take down someone that knows all about what Dexter does and could turn him in. Second, how the fuck did Dexter not realize what La Guerta was doing?????? Third, why would Dexter take down someone that knows all about him???? I'm so glad next week is the finale.
    KrisNine likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! I just thought I was pissed before. Dexter is stupid, stupid, stupid and that is not the character and I hate the writers just keep making him dumber. First of all I think Deb set Hannah up but why the hell would Deb want to take down someone that knows all about what Dexter does and could turn him in. Second, how the fuck did Dexter not realize what La Guerta was doing?????? Third, why would Dexter take down someone that knows all about him???? I'm so glad next week is the finale.
    That's why I think Deb didn't set Hannah up. It would ruin her as well, Deb I mean, since obviously she knows about Dex and is covering for him and Hannah would be sure to bring that up. But so did Hannah poison her? Maybe, maybe not. If not, who/how?! ughhhh.

Hannah isn't totally stupid and Deb isn't stupid at all, so this is not making any sense.

I'm sick of the stupidification of Dexter too! NO WAY--knowing that LaGuerta is sniffing around him--would he murder the guy who killed his Mom. NO WAY. He would grit his teeth and wait. A long time, if necessary.

Fucking ridiculous writing.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I thought that was a lame way to take out a great bad guy like Isaac.
    Word. I thought Isaak was the best thing to happen to this show in a very long time. Ray Stevenson is amazing. He should've taken it on the lam only to reappear at a crucial point next season. Or star in a spinoff, lol. I'd watch.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    The look on her face when he said he needed her didn't look good. It didn't make sense to me, though, because Hannah was also making sacrifices for Dexter's safety. Did you get the idea from the previews for next week that she is starting to "not get" him? Like, disturbed by some aspect of his behavior.

I'm also surprised that she didn't just let the poison finish the job when Jurg started choking. Her mastery of poisoning is supposed to be such that his death would have been quick and inevitable, and he would have had no idea that she was the cause of it. Instead, she needlessly (as far as I can tell), tries to hasten it, while he was still conscious enough to defend himself and strike back at her.
    She fed Jurg an OD of pepper, not poison. Pepper was all she had on hand. (Though I'm sure she looked around outside.) She was counting on him choking and gagging on the pepper, and she was ready to whack him as hard as possible while he was indisposed.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by JerriBlank View Post
    i watched an interview with one of the (i think) writers. they said they were surprised by how uncomfortable/outraged people were with the deb loves dex storyline considering people are a-ok with dex being a serial killer.
    I don't see the problem, he serves a sense of vengeance many people have: kills bad guys, leaves good guys alone and is very protective of kids. The incest-y taboo is MUCH more repulsive--they grew up as brother and sister since Dexter was found by Harry at 3, FFS. Not like they met when they were 12 or 15. That is just straight up gross.

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    YES! Ridiculous writing indeed. We should all sign a petition and send it to those hack writers. Makes me start getting all Misery--"You dirty bird! How could you? Make Dexter so COCKAMAMIE STUPID!!?!"
    KrisNine and gas_chick like this.

I almost couldn't believe that Dexter went after Hector Estrada...KNOWING that LaGuerta was sniffing around him. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I definitely think that Deb set Hannah up. What I can't believe is that Dexter would turn in Hannah, considering what she knows about him. A woman scorned and all. Dumb all around.

I'm a little crazy, but I love Dex and Hannah. Much better chemistry than Dex and Rita. They were creepier than Deb and Dex.

I love the title of tomorrow nights episode..."Surprise Motherfucker!!"
    gas_chick likes this.

I loved that they showed Doakes in the preview for next week. I sure miss that mother fucker.
    Beeyotch and thordis like this.

I just finally got caught up and I am not happy. This is not the Dexter we know and love. Rita's fucking dumbass rubbed off on him in the worst way...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

A*O

The whole show has lost its mojo. The clever original premise of the police tech/serial killer with principles has been eroded and diluted for the sake of new plot lines and it doesn't work. I don't care what happens any more. Byeeee!
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I almost couldn't believe that Dexter went after Hector Estrada...KNOWING that LaGuerta was sniffing around him. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I definitely think that Deb set Hannah up. What I can't believe is that Dexter would turn in Hannah, considering what she knows about him. A woman scorned and all. Dumb all around.

I'm a little crazy, but I love Dex and Hannah. Much better chemistry than Dex and Rita. They were creepier than Deb and Dex.

I love the title of tomorrow nights episode..."Surprise Motherfucker!!"
    My husband's theory is that Doakes is alive but handicapped and stuck in the swamp area where he was supposedly killed (I told him the book plotline about this), so he calls him Swamp Doakes now.
    KrisNine and MohandasKGanja like this.

Thread Information