Page 63 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Dexter on Showtime

Quote Originally Posted by albatross View Post
    He found Dexter and his brother Brian sitting in blood in a shipping container. They had witnessed the murder of their mother, and some others. Harry thought that Brian was too old to be saved from the effects of the trauma, but that Dexter could recover. Eventually, he saw Dexter's violent tendencies and his lack of emotional connections. So, he started teaching Dexter and developed the code.
    He killed himself after Dexter murdered a pimp that Harry had sent him after. He was horrified after seeing Dexter's "work", and the pleasure he took in it.
    Thanks. So, what happened to Brian?

(I'll see if there is writeup on Wikipedia summarizing this...)

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post

you should definitely watch the show from the start not only is it brilliant but its easier to understand the stories and how dexter works. As for his brother its explained in season 1, he also turned out to be a serial killer, don't want to give too much away incase you do want to watch it
    "I don't know what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time"

Wait, I completely forgot--or didn't realize--the part about Dexter's father killing himself over Dexter's "work." Was that concrete or implied?

That was supposedly what happened to Harry on the show. Dexter's real father just had a heart attack or something right. That's when him and Deb and Brian went to clean out the house.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Wait, I completely forgot--or didn't realize--the part about Dexter's father killing himself over Dexter's "work." Was that concrete or implied?

Same here. I either forgot or didn't know that's what happened to Harry. I think that's what happens when you only get 12 or 13 episodes and have a nine month break in between. I sometimes have to watch the previous season of these shows before the next season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I think it was strongly implied. Captain Matthews told Dexter that Harry committed suicide. Then, when Dexter killed someone at the cabin in front of Doakes there was a flashback of Harry walking in on Dexter cutting up the pimp. Dexter realizes that Harry's suicide a few days later was because of what he saw.
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

I tried to block it out because I don't think the character of Harry would have ever done that but the writers don't ask me what I think!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post

Watch season one. That's all I'm going to say.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Ooooh, tonight's episode was INCREDIBLE.

Am I the only one who noticed a not-so-subtle homage to Silence Of The Lambs (maybe spoiler) in the climactic scenes? Granted I think without that film a LOT of shows, including the X-Files and Dexter, either wouldn't have been made or would've been VERY different. It was cool.

Love the way Dexter's new relationship with Deb is evolving. Very good acting from both of them in this ep too.

And poor Quinn, ever the idiot for a pretty face...don't see that ending well.

That gangster boss guy--is he not such a Bond villain? Truly scary and kind of epic character.

Spoiler: BWAHHAHAHAHA LOUIS!!! GOOD RIDDANCE.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

I want to kill Deb myself.
    dowcat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    Ooooh, tonight's episode was INCREDIBLE.

Am I the only one who noticed a not-so-subtle homage to Silence Of The Lambs (maybe spoiler) in the climactic scenes? Granted I think without that film a LOT of shows, including the X-Files and Dexter, either wouldn't have been made or would've been VERY different. It was cool.

Love the way Dexter's new relationship with Deb is evolving. Very good acting from both of them in this ep too.

And poor Quinn, ever the idiot for a pretty face...don't see that ending well.

That gangster boss guy--is he not such a Bond villain? Truly scary and kind of epic character.

Spoiler: BWAHHAHAHAHA LOUIS!!! GOOD RIDDANCE.
    I was absolutely having a Silence of the Lambs flashback while watching it.

I'm still getting used to the characters so I've been kind of confused by people's behavior and grudges. Very interesting with what happened with Dexter's foil.

The gangster boss guy reminds me a lot of that Dutch actor who was in a lot of stuff in the 90's (The Fugitive, The Fourth Man) -- Jeroen Krabbe.

I realize that this isn't a very popular opinion, but I find Jennifer Carpenter very attractive. The body type, the attitude. I can see why people might find her character annoying, though. She's kind of like a raw nerve.

I've loved her crass attitude all along except this season, where she's trying to bring Dexter down and get him to be something he's not. Bitch is not appreciative of his talent. (I am, Dexter, call me!)
    She needs to know when to let the experts do their work.

And I'm not buying the whole new Dexter. Him trying to become...whatever Deb wants him to become doesn't ring true. I just don't find it believable that he didn't kill Lewis when he had him drugged in the back of his SUV, the Dexter we knew would NEVER have called Deb to "talk him down." GMAFB. That was tremendously disappointing to me because I hated that dick Lewis, he looked like a psycho who was about to escalate into dangerous territory. It was satisfying to see him get shot in the face, except that now those BAMF Russian gangstas are on Dexter's trail. I'm scared for Dex.

Oh and my husband and I are trying to place the Russian mob boss too--he looks so familiar, reminds me a little of Ken Wahl from the 80's.

**AH! I know why he's familiar, it's Ray Stevenson, he played Titus Pullo in HBO's Rome--I loved that show!
    gas_chick likes this.

A*O

Leaving Lewis to sleep it off on a park bench was ridiculous. Now HE knows for sure that Dexter drugs people at least and I'm sure he can figure out what could have happened next. Deb is a naive fool to think she can "cure" Dexter by staying close 24/7. Either he has to make her an accomplice (she kinda is already) or get out the glad wrap.

My son told me there are at least 2 more series planned so let's hope they can stretch this out that long. That shark is circling........
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Killing Lewis would have gone against Harry's code. If I remember correctly, he has only killed one person outside the code and that was Prado's brother from Season 3.

The Ukrainian/Russian guys do make me nervous for Dex.

I would not mind seeing LaGuerta meet her end at the hands of Dex and Deb!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

I was shocked by Lewis death really thought there was something more to that storyline, although he was creepy there was some comical value to him vs dexter.
    "I don't know what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time"

Thread Information