Page 53 of 72 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Dexter on Showtime

I guess it is because we love the show so much! I remember watching the first season on dvd in a day!!! I just hope that we are not stuck with Lumen next season and I hope Quinn doesn't go down. I gotta admit he grew on me this season.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

well i loved that slippery ex-detective he hired and now he's gone!

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I hope Quinn doesn't go down. I gotta admit he grew on me this season.
    Yes, moi too!
    ...Stopped smoking on March 8, 2011. Was trying to put a fancy ticker in my signature but it didn't work...

Jumping on the Quinn bandwagon too. He redeemed himself for me when he was all schoolboy in lurve with Deb and when he came clean about all the bs with Dexter. But secretly, I've always had a Quinn crush.

I thought that was a pretty lackluster finale for Dexter. It all seemed a little too predictible.

I'm bummed Lumen is done. I really liked the idea of her and Dexter having a life together.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

A lackluster finale to what turned out to be a great season. There was a lot of suspense.

I predicted what would happen with Quinn and Lumen before it went down.

I felt sad for Dexter at the end.

i felt sad for him too

why did she have to leave him?????????????

It was totally predictable but still a good finale. I'm gonna miss Johnny Lee Miller though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    It was totally predictable but still a good finale. I'm gonna miss Johnny Lee Miller though...
    haha, he was such a nut job. What was with him like hissing in her ear? I couldn't help but laugh at that.

I honestly think though that this is the first time we've seen TRUE saddness on Dexter's end. I don't think he was sad about losing Rita, I think he was more guilty.

I think he was sad about being alone, again, naturally. I wanted the Jordan Chase kill scene to be more drawn out and painful and humiliating for him. Yeah lots of it was predictable but I still really loved it. It was pretty exciting.

I'm sad that it looked like they could end the series right here if they really wanted to. That line about "But wishes are for children" with him blowing out the candle, perfect line. Not too maudlin, not too neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I think he was sad about being alone, again, naturally. I wanted the Jordan Chase kill scene to be more drawn out and painful and humiliating for him. Yeah lots of it was predictable but I still really loved it. It was pretty exciting.

I'm sad that it looked like they could end the series right here if they really wanted to. That line about "But wishes are for children" with him blowing out the candle, perfect line. Not too maudlin, not too neat.
    Yea, I'm kind of struggling right now with the future of the show. I know they just renewed it for another season but I just don't know where else they could go. We have to admit that there was some seriously far fetched stuff in this season in regards to him getting away and stuff. I love the show and I don't want it to end, but I don't want it to turn into a crap fest either.

Quote Originally Posted by o0Amber0o View Post
    I honestly think though that this is the first time we've seen TRUE saddness on Dexter's end. I don't think he was sad about losing Rita, I think he was more guilty.

I agree. I think with Rita he was shocked and really guilty and just emotionally dead/shocked, like he didn't know what to do. This time he seemed genuinely sad, like everything was piled on from Rita and Lumen.

I don't think any Dexter finale will ever top The Trinity season though. It was just... wow. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    That line about "But wishes are for children" with him blowing out the candle, perfect line.
    Agreed. He looked so sad and frustrated and depleted. I wanted to hug him.

No clue where else this show can or will go... ?

I thought this season finale was a let down as well. I really don't know what they can do next season? I mean Dexter eventually has to get caught or something. I think Deb should find out and maybe she would cover for him? Otherwise, next season is just gonna be blah. I agree nothing can top the Trinity season.

Come on seriously? I felt like it was a Walton's episode or something with everything wrapped up in a neat bow. Would the department Quinn works for actually be allowed to analyze the blood on the shoe? Don't get me wrong glad he got off but come on. WTF happened to the vehicle Dex totaled. Just way too many plot holes for me on this one an don't even get me started on Lumen's using ass. Seriously? I was very disappointed.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

doesn't Dexter always wrap up though? no cliff hangers at season end

Thread Information