Page 43 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Dexter on Showtime

Has this season 5 trailer been posted?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUbCMbW-BRE[/YOUTUBE]

I can't wait!
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

I wish I had Showtime. I finally just got to watch season 4 from Netflix last month, and now I'll have to wait another year for season 5!

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    I wish I had Showtime. I finally just got to watch season 4 from Netflix last month, and now I'll have to wait another year for season 5!
    Well, there are...other ways, you know. Not that I know anything about it, of course. I just magically manage to watch all the current US shows from Greece.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    Well, there are...other ways, you know. Not that I know anything about it, of course. I just magically manage to watch all the current US shows from Greece.
    Agreed, you just have to be resourceful.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Quinn......and...WTF?

That's all I'm gonna say about the episode until I ponder it more. It's the easy, shallow part!

But let's just say I HATE AMERICAN TV. Why can't we have male full frontal like the Europeans get? grrr. Yes, he is an asshole but that actor is verra hot in exactly the way I love to hate. Or hate to love. Whatever.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Quinn looks like shit. Is he starring in an ana movie?
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Quinn looks like shit. Is he starring in an ana movie?
    Thank you! wtf did he do to himself? His face is all sunken in and sickly looking. I figured he must be playing a cancer patient in something else?
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by o0Amber0o View Post
    Thank you! wtf did he do to himself? His face is all sunken in and sickly looking. I figured he must be playing a cancer patient in something else?
    We noticed that!!! But we couldn't figure it out because the REST of him still looks fine/the same. Very odd. Bad PS or something? I still think he's hot but yeah, he looks different this season.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

So I guess Dexter will get looked into for Rita's death. I am thinking whoever the santeria-esque murderer is will be somehow tied into the end of this season. No clue though.

I was telling my sis as we were watching hte 1st episode, Deb and Quinn have to hook up one day and lo and behold. LOL. Quinn lost a lot of weight. Too much, IMO.

I miss Doakes!

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    I miss Doakes!
    OMG me too mother fucka!!!!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I'm watchin you mothafucka!!!!

He was the best.

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    OMG me too mother fucka!!!!
    "Morgan, you creep me the (f-bomb) out!"
    I miss him too!
    ...Stopped smoking on March 8, 2011. Was trying to put a fancy ticker in my signature but it didn't work...

Got rid of Showtime and haven't dl'd the first episode yet but today the actor who plays Masuka was on reddit.com answering a few Dexter fans' questions. Cool guy.

Hey it's Masuka. I'm new to Reddit and love it! AMA (not sure if i'm doing this right) : reddit.com

Okay saw the first episode. I feel so badly for Dexter not knowing how to navigate the social aspects of things. He always says the wrong thing (I identify) and bungles it--"I'm sorry for your loss" as he told Aster and Cody their mom is dead. With that goofy-ass Mickey Mouse hat on. He just has no clue and I feel for him.

I noticed Quinn looked weird and different too. Too thin in the face and looked very spray-tan orange on my monitor.

They're dragging out Dexter's self-awareness/emotional development but I did appreciate his "Eureka" moment and the look on his face at the end as he realized he did, in fact, love Rita and it had grown beyond pretending. He's always insisted he wasn't human, that he was a monster incapable of feeling love. It's nice to see him realize that's not completely true. He's a complicated human monster and that's why he's a compelling character to watch for me.

^ So agree with the last part of your post, Bee. It was nice for him to realize that at the end of that episode.

I usually find Quinn hot as hell but this thinness is not doing it for me. I do hope he and Deb have a lot of sex. I like how she just left him on the floor and took off cause she had things to do.

I know a lot of folks don't like the Deb character but I think she's a hoot. Always makes me laugh.

Thread Information