Page 37 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Dexter on Showtime

This is not to sound condescending, but...does it get better? I'm up to episode five in season one on Netflix and so far I'm not too impressed. I keep hearing about this show though so I feel like I should push through, it sounds at least like something I should really enjoy. Does it get better? I don't really want to call it a day if it does.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    This is not to sound condescending, but...does it get better? I'm up to episode five in season one on Netflix and so far I'm not too impressed. I keep hearing about this show though so I feel like I should push through, it sounds at least like something I should really enjoy. Does it get better? I don't really want to call it a day if it does.
    I've seen them all & I think it does. The Ice Truck Killers identity hasn't been revealed at this point. It may just be that Dexter isn't your cup of tea but yeah I think you should give it a little longer.

Its funny because by all accounts it SHOULD be. I love anything like this. Maybe its just the mood I'm in lately, lol. In any case I'll stick with it and hope it grows on me. Thanks!

Sure ! I hope you end up liking it. I think it's one of the best shows on TV. And you don't want to miss John Lithgow in season 4. Brilliant! Seriously.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Season 1 was good because of Sgt "motha fucka" Doakes.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    Season 1 was good because of Sgt "motha fucka" Doakes.
    Motha fuckin right!!!!

"Morgan, you're creeping me the F**K out!"

Okay I have to admit - the last few days I've had off work and I've been catching up on the series. It DID get MUCH better! Once the identity of the Ice Truck Killer was revealed it really picked up - I enjoyed the scenes with the therapist, his new weird bio dad (haven't revealed whats up with that yet), and Paul and Rita's craziness - I LOVED the expression on Dexter's face when he hit him with that frying pan, that was classic. So yeah I am starting to enjoy it!

Oh good! I was afraid I'd have to put you on ignore.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Awesome,January! Stick with it.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

I think the first few episodes were extremely slow and I was having trouble connecting with any of the characters, save Dexter. I still don't like any of the characters, honestly, but at least I find them interesting now! I want Deb to die, she's a moron. I hate her whimpering and how emotional she is, particularly at work. Grow up, woman! She's wondering why people don't take her seriously when she acts like a fucking child. I do like Sgt. Doakes though, I like how he's the only one who picks up anything strange about Dexter.

^ Lol, now you make me want to go back and watch the first season again! Glad you're enjoying it!

Hahaha and I think if you read back in this thread, you won't find yourself alone in that "Deb is Annoying" club!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

I was trying to avoid many spoilers by people who are caught up, lol. I also was hoping she gets better in the later seasons. Guess not!

I'm one of the people who likes Deb!
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I totally agree!!! Wish Trinity would pay her a little visit in the bathtub!

Last night's episode was just fantastic! I can't wait to see the finale!
    I never thought about that--Rita getting the bathroom visit. Wouldn't that be a great way to get rid of her, because the bitch has got to go. Love this show except for her.

Thread Information