Page 35 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Dexter on Showtime

The next episode looks to be vey interesting. I knew there had to be cracks in that happy family facade (talking about Lithgow). That clip of him bending his son's fingers made me cringe.

I know bellini. Now that he's going to see how abusive Trinity is to his own family, Dexter's gonna have to kill him for sure.

What I liked the most about last night's episode is that Dexter finally made the connection to himself regarding conscience and remorse: "Could that mean...I am human?" The whole time he would talk about Harry's code and "if he had feelings," how he has to fake being "human," it made me angry at Harry. While his code did teach him coping and survival mechanisms it also made him feel incapable or unworthy of love, like a soulless killing machine. And Dexter is not. He's shown many times that he clearly loves and cares very much about his sister Debra and Rita and the kids.

It's like Dexter is realizing how complex he is, and how except for the killing, maybe he's not really all that different from everyone else.

*eta: I also first thought it was the reporter who shot Debra. It's probably a woman if it was someone Masuka's height.

I hope it is not her seems very lame to shoot someone for a big story.

I know, I just spent a lot of time at TVwoP's Dexter forums and the concensus is that barring a big twist and bringing a new character in the mix, it's likely reporter chick. And if so, then I agree that it's completely lame and lazy of the writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I know, that's part of what is really bothering me now about Rita: her reactions to the weird things Dexter does are unrealistic and don't make sense. The way she ignores a lot of huge red flags is not believable. Like when she had to drive Dexter around because of his concussion. Dexter was obviously scrambling, making excuses, even visibly squirming in his seat, trying to get some alone time so he could find his victim's body. Rita's reaction? Gleefully singing along to Karma Chameleon. It's like, hello bitch?!? Anyone with eyes can see he's hiding something and acting suspicious, why aren't you asking questions?

It feels like she's become a plot device instead of a character.
    Well.... we are talking about a broad who stayed with a junkie who beat her. Her being all damaged and "safe" (for a guy like Dexter, who was initially only interested in a steady relationship as a part of keeping up the appearance of a somewhat normal guy) was part of why he chose her.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Yes, it does make sense when you guys put it that way but when I'm watching it unfold on the screen it just doesn't ring true, it doesn't seem believable to me. It's either bad/over- acting or directing. Plus I just can't identify with that kind of reaction.

the reposter is trinity's daughter aahhh
    Qballhttp://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic16074_1.gif

Ah what a nice twist!!! Awesome episode. How long till Musuka tells Dex what he saw?

This was such a good episode! Trinity needs Dex's justice now for what he's doing to his family. I honestly thought the son would try to kill his father when he flipped out. But then Dexter came in and showed himself. P.S. Didn't he look hot choking out Trinity, lol?!?

I have a feeling Masuka is going to confide in Quinn or someone else at the office...then Deb will find out and make it a bigger deal than Dexter.

Can't believe only 3 more episodes left...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

About the preview:

My boyfriend has been saying since they showed Trinity building that coffin that there's a 4th victim buried alive. Looks like he was pretty right about that, we'll see how that goes next week.

I think Dex is going to really be thrown about Rita kissing the neighbor.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    About the preview:

My boyfriend has been saying since they showed Trinity building that coffin that there's a 4th victim buried alive. Looks like he was pretty right about that, we'll see how that goes next week.
    There was a similar theory being thrown around over at SurvivorSucks, that Trinity is really a Quad? killer, and that the fourth victim would be a younger boy that symbolizes his (trinity's) "death."

When Dexter airs on Moviecentral (no Showtime here), there is no preview. To the people that have seen the preview, does it show any hints that the reporter knows her father is Trinity?

Not that I noticed. The preview focused primarily on a 4th victim idea and some of the suspicion of the reporter as well as Trinity stalking someone to start a new kill cycle and catching Dexter stalking him.

Dexter really disappointed me last night. He should have made sure Trinity was down and out, so he couldn't get away. The whole time he's rescuing the boy, I imagined Trinity whacking him from behind and pushing him into the cement. No way would Dexter make himself that vulnerable.

I do feel bad for Quinn, he didn't really know anything and seems genuinely shocked. The next 2 episodes are gonna be good. I actually kinda hope Miami PD gets a hold of Trinity before Dex...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

I loved this last episode! I'm just disappointed the reporter is in police custody. I wanted her and trinity lying beside each other on Dexter's tables!

Thread Information