Page 34 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Dexter on Showtime

Rita is annoying I give you that but I don't think I'd be this calm if I'd just discovered that my husband kept his bachelor pad

I know, that's part of what is really bothering me now about Rita: her reactions to the weird things Dexter does are unrealistic and don't make sense. The way she ignores a lot of huge red flags is not believable. Like when she had to drive Dexter around because of his concussion. Dexter was obviously scrambling, making excuses, even visibly squirming in his seat, trying to get some alone time so he could find his victim's body. Rita's reaction? Gleefully singing along to Karma Chameleon. It's like, hello bitch?!? Anyone with eyes can see he's hiding something and acting suspicious, why aren't you asking questions?

It feels like she's become a plot device instead of a character.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Rita's character has been getting pretty annoying lately, and its true her reactions are never realistic

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post

It feels like she's become a plot device instead of a character.
    I don't think she's a plot device , she is still very much living her dream life and is not willing to give that up.

I may have seen this incorrectly but I think there were a couple of "ewwww" moments... one when Debra pulled down her jammies to show Dexter her wound and then when he took her to the bathroom. It may be just me but isn't that what nurses are for and not brothers? IDK...

Rita is such a bitch!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frootloops View Post
    Rita's character has been getting pretty annoying lately, and its true her reactions are never realistic
    she's always annoyed the shit outta me

I just started watching Dexter ,and had to catch up on the last 3 seasons via on demand .It is really a good show wonder how he is going to kill John Lithgows character,and why does he always make friends with the seasons serial killers
    Qballhttp://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic16074_1.gif

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by mella View Post
    I don't think she's a plot device , she is still very much living her dream life and is not willing to give that up.
    That is my take, too. From S1, we've known that Rita is just as disturbed as Dexter. After years of being beaten and raped by her ex-husband (and enduring that mother), she will ignore anything to keep a man who gives her the facade of Happy Family.

She really doesn't know what a healthy relationship means. She's irritating because she's working too hard at ignoring the warnings.

I'm waiting for Rita's inner madness and anger to explode. Expect it when she feels the safest.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Qball View Post
    I just started watching Dexter ,and had to catch up on the last 3 seasons via on demand .It is really a good show wonder how he is going to kill John Lithgows character,and why does he always make friends with the seasons serial killers
    Because he identifies with them and he's intrigued by them since they're killers like him. Especially Lithgow who has become a role model for him. Dexter's clearly internally conflicted about being a "monster" and it seems like he thinks if he can figure them out, he can figure himself out. I think on some level Dexter is looking for self-acceptance even if he doesn't know it yet.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

omg Dexter killed an innocent man!

He killed an innocent man last season.

Oh yeah, wasn't Oscar Prado an accident? Dexter killed him more out of self-defense though. He was in Freebo's living room to kill Freebo and Oscar was there too. They were both like "who the fuck are you?" Dexter was just quicker.

This is the first guy he targeted who he researched and was totally wrong about.
    Last edited by Beeyotch; November 13th, 2009 at 09:42 PM.

I agree with what you are saying but I still find it odd the is so obsessed about it and not at least mentioning that he messed up last season too.

So now I want to know who you guys think killed Lunday. Is Anton too obvious? Oh and Rita is a big ol ho bag.

From the previews, it looks like the reporter chick Christine(?) may have done it. When they said it was someone Masuka's size I automatically thought of her....She just seems so desperate for a story that maybe she shot someone to make headlines and get that exclusive Deb interview. And of course she could blame it on the Trinity Killer because she just ran that story about Lundy investigating.

Please let Rita get caught cheating on Dexter!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Thread Information