Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Dexter on Showtime

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

ME TOO! I cannot stand the actress who plays Deb. She is absolutely annoying. Something about her mouth...

I bought the first book for Lord Brit for Christmas. He didn't think it was well-written either. He did finally tell me how the book ends though....I kinda wish the series had done that but I think it would have freaked too many peeps out.

FYI--they are showing the entire first season on Showtime OnDemand right now.

New season of Dexter starts on September 30th!! The trailers on Showtimes website look so good. I love this show....I'll miss Rudy though

I love that show-can't wait for September 30th.

As a side note, am I the only one who finds Michael C. Hall oddly hot in that role?

Oh thanks for the reminder. Just thinking about it gets me all hot and bothered with anticipation...

Aella, you're definitely not alone in finding Michael C. Hall hot as Dexter. I've always wanted to reach through the TV screen and do dirty, naughty, inappropriate things to him! He exudes hotness!!

^^It's the acting. I thought he was awesome in Six Feet Under, but his character was so repressed and weird, I couldn't find him sexy. In Dexter, however...rwar!

He's also bulked up a bit, which doesn't hurt.

I think he's pretty hot, too I loved the scene with him and his girlfriend last year (the time they had sex!!). That episode is my favorite. Plus, he admits to being a serial killer out loud...to his psychiatrist. That was the best scene!

Time to switch back to my Dexter avatar

I love this show. It's soo interesting and I'm curious to see what happens in the new story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Watched the whole series this weekend! I loved it! Michael C. Hall is so hot in this. Read the first book over the weekend and about to start the second!

I used to think MCH was cute, but then someone on another board mentioned his big head and now that's the only thing I can think about when I watch him. His head is huge!

I can't wait for the new season to start.

Michael C. Hall is hot as hell, big head and all. It's weird because he never did anything for me in Six feet under!

I didn't find the Rudy guy repulsive but there was something off about him from the beginning and I immediately guessed it was him.

The Deb actress gets on my nerves too, I think she overacts most of the time, same with Dawkes. LaGuerta bugs me but I eventually got used to her.

Gold Member

I must check this show out. I drove by two huge LA billboards for it today. They said "America's Favorite Serial Killer."

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

Yup, yup, can't wait for this!! I even bought the first season for my sis so she could become addicted too.

The trailer for the upcoming season pretty much made me salivate. Can't wait!! I totally knew some things he did last season would create some problemos for him later....tee hee!!!

And, yes, working a little crush there too.

^^I know, I keep watching the trailer on Showtime! I want to see how he's gonna get out of this one. Looks like Doakes is on his ass.

I hate Deb and would have gladly traded her for Rudy/Brian.

I was so excited last night. The show was good. A little slower than it was last year, but they had to set it up for everyone who's starting to watch with this season. I was happy and the show was great. Looks like this year is going to be a really good one.

I enjoyed the ep. I was disappointed when I read they wouldn't be following the storyline of the 2nd book, but I definitely understand how that would be pretty hard to put together to make it acceptible for televison. I like that there are certain aspects they kept, like the pressure being on Dex and him having to settle into "normal" life even more than usual, and I like the dynamic between him and Rita-and I love that he's going to be the focus of an investigation. It definitely looks like its going to be a good season.

Anyone started book 3 yet? I bought it but am in the middle of reading something else right now.

Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread Information