Page 14 of 72 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Dexter on Showtime

I know, only 3 more episodes left. It kills me that there are only 12 episodes this season, according to IMDB. Not fair, it's so good I want MOAR!

Holy shit, how the hell are they going to resolve the Doakes situation?

And Beeyotch, 12 episodes is not enough, but at least that way Dexter was unaffected by the writers' strike.

Here's some screencaps for the next episode.
    ****Do not look if you do not like spoilers.*****

Spoiler TV: Dexter

I totally think that Dexter is going to kill Doakes and is going to make it look like a suicide. It's perfect really, the person that's onto him is dead and the person that they all think is the BHB is dead.

And we know he's good at staging stuff like that because he did it with Paul in season one.

Oh and quadruple gag ONCE AGAIN on Lundy and Deb. It's freaking disgusting.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

I'll be really upset if they stage another fake suicide. They've done it once, find some other way for Dexter to get out of it.

I've read some spoilers, they make sense, and I'd be OK with it. Putting them below, so highlight at your own risk:
    In some clips from next week we see Dexter dropping his tools into the marina where they have dive classes. He says he planted Doakes' fingerprints on them. The rest I've seen from spoilers. Doakes escapes/is released comes across a boat of people he thinks can help him, turns out to be the coke dealers. They take him back to the cabin where they want him to help/kill him. Dexter finds them, killst he coke dealers, and now has saved Doakes life. End of what I've read, the rest is speculation from this point on Dexter tells Doakes to disappear. He owes him his life, so he won't kill him if he disappears forever and doesn't bother Dexter.

I have a feeling that Dex will kill Doakes in the same fashion he has done with the others but probably in a more sadistic way. All he has to do is truly get rid of the body and they will all think Doakes fled the country.

+1 on Deb and Lundy grossing me out!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

I am ready to find out what's going to happen.

We'll all know in 3 episodes' time, but I doubt that Dexter will actually kill Doakes. He's just embraced Harry's Code again, and it will be a much harder sell for the audience to be sympathetic to him if he kills essentially an innocent man. On the other hand, I don't see any possible resolution to the Doakes situation besides his death-you KNOW he's not someone willing to let bygones be bygones.

It's interesting that as an audience member part of me is rooting for a serial killer to get one over the one person suspecting him. The show skews your moral compass in that way-which is why I LOVE it of course.

I suspect that Lila will in some way play an important role in the resolution of the sitation-whether by killing Doakes (with FIRE!) or by being the one framed remains to be seen.

I agree, Lax! I totally think he's gonna kill Doakes and then frame him by letting everyone think he bailed and just disappeared. I don't see Dexter ultimately letting him live--he cannot afford to get caught--and Doakes would never sit on that, regardless of whether Dexter saved his life. Like I said before, their last confrontation will be exciting and emotionally fraugt. But I don't think Doakes will make it.

And I'm thinking about writing a letter to Showtime about that Deb-Lundy shit. Enough is enough, how much grossness must we endure??

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    And I'm thinking about writing a letter to the writers about that Deb-Lundy shit. Enough is enough, how much grossness must we endure??
    In another forum someone mentioned the injustice that of all the hot men we've gotten on the show, Lundy had to be the one we saw in the buff.

I concur! Where's my gratuitous Michael C. Hall nudity, damn it?

Y'all are so hard on Keith Carradine! Idk but he looks pretty good for an old guy. He must be in his sixties, right? Still I hate the pairing. Deb is such a vulgar ignoramus. I can't see what he'd see in her other than hot ass.

I don't see a way out for Dexter with Doakes. He has to kill him. That would make him such an unsympathetic charecter though since Doakes isn't a bad guy, just an asshole.

I wouldn't mind if he offs Lila. She is crazy/dangerous.

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

I don't find either Debra or Lundy attractive. They are both icky. Two naked icky people is just...double icky.

I think Lila will be involved in Doakes going down in some way. Maybe she offs him to help Dex. She had already contacted the guy who killed Dexter's mother. Who's to say she won't attempt further contact and there is Doakes in his cabin. Hrmmmm.

I haven't watched last night yet but can't wait to see it tonight!!

I wish I could watch this show!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Can you get it on DVD? It's well worth it. The first season is out and I'm sure this season will be out by summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Psst, torrents...

Thread Information