Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Desperate Housewives

Elite Member

I love Karl.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default 'Desperate Housewives' recap: Judgment Day

Well, Desperate Housewives TV Watchers, you can tell we're just about up to sweeps. How? Because the folks who make DH are clearly saving their best stuff for the coming weeks — and they totally scrimped on giving much verve to last night's episode. For the most part, the snoozy hour of Housewives — packed with super-super interesting story lines like a killer monkey at a Juanita's birthday party, Bree chatting for hours with the housekeeper at her sinful motel, and Mrs. McCluskey's boy-toy Roy disrespecting Lynette — seemed to just be filler before we get to what should be a rather explosive November. (Remember, we're supposed to be treated to a catastrophic plane crash here before long! The best story line of the show remains the conflict between Katherine and Susan, and last night, things only got worse between the pair. About that promise in last week's teaser that someone on Wisteria Lane would be shot in this week's episode? Yup, that someone ended up being Katherine at the hand of Susan, who shot her nemesis with a gun that Julie had procured from her former lover's son, Danny. (Julie told Dominick that she wasn't going to cavort around with him anymore when he approached her at her welcome home party. But, I don't think the fat lady has sung yet for this relationship.) Luckily for the show (it cannot afford to lose Dana Delaney!), Katherine was just grazed and the scorned woman decided not to call the police, opting instead to take the high road on advice from Angie Bolen. The new housewife, however, was just trying to cover her own but: It turns out that the gun was registered under the Bolens' real family name, so it behooved Angie to calm Katherine. Because if the police got involved, the Bolens might be discovered for… For what? We still don't know! Seriously, this secret better be damn good or there are going to be some mad viewers (read: me!) out there.
    Despite it intersecting with the going-nowhere Bolen story line, the Susan-Katherine storyline yielded some of the funniest lines of the nights. ''What is she patrolling for?'' Angie asked, after Susan and Mike made out during the Neighborhood Watch meeting. ''His tonsils?'' And at the same meeting, I loved when Susan asked if anyone could take the Thursday evening, 9 p.m. to 12 a.m., patrol shift. Lee's hand shot up, just before Bob looked over at him with fire in his eyes and said: ''Project Runway!'' Oh, the gays are stereotyped, per usual, but it still made me chuckle.
    Then, when Susan was insisting that she and Mike have a happy marriage and was trying to fend off Katherine's remarks about where her hubby ran off to, I couldn't help but snicker at this cheap laugh: ''He's snaking a ladies' drain, okay?'' she explained of the plumber. ''And yes, I realize how that sounded. Get your minds out of the gutter.'' And, one more! And this time, from Orson, who hasn't been funny in a long time on Desperate. It was classic when all the folks from Wisteria Lane were gathered in Susan's yard after she shot Susan and Orson decided the gun should be unloaded. So he says: ''Perhaps we should unload this before someone else gets hurt,'' and then looks at his wife: ''Bree dear.'' Hehehe. Of course, I just gave Orson the props with that funny, but I think it's actually more to Bree's credit. Of course that crazy bitch would know how to unload a gun without question! It's been a while since the show's revisited her gun-enthusiast history.
    'Desperate Housewives' recap: Judgment day | Desperate Housewives | 1 | TV Recaps | EW.com

i'll just dig this old thread out right now, is no one watching DH anymore?

i just started catching up with the 6th season and episode 20 (about the person who killed all the girls) was amazing. it revealed so much and explained so many details that i had already forgotten about and the acting was great.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

I still do! It's definitely my favourite guilty pleasure show. Every time I watch though I just wish Marcia Cross would lay off the bloody botox.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

^^ i know. i just watched the season finale and there was a scene where she started crying and her face didn't move at all. worse than nicole kidman. and she's gotten way too skinny, too.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Teri Hatcher is leaving---not sure if you heard or not. And Felicity Huffman is threatening to. Not sure how much longer the series will go on...sorry.

i watch it, but i hate the swapped baby storyline.

this season is a disappointment to me, but i like that Vanessa Williams is on the show. I also like that Bree is having a relationship with a younger guy. kinda hot.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Isn't this the 7th season? I thought Marc Cherry always said it was going to end after 7 seasons anyway.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

So anyone know the 'real' reason TH and FH are leaving? Is there an interesting story behind this?

nope, no longer watch
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Hit By Ban Bus!

still love this show..And TH is not leaving she said that rumour was false and that she would stay on the show for as long as it is still on air.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Despite a report from Britain's Daily Mail that Teri is "inspired by the success of people like Courteney Cox...who bagged her own show" [bwahaha!] and will leave Housewives at the end of next season, we have the real story from ABC sources and Hatcher herself...
    "There are not enough adjectives to describe how stupid, off base, and ridiculously untrue this is," Hatcher posted on her Facebook page. "'Newspapers should be accountable for this kind of irresponsible journalism and reckless fabrication of a story."
    For the record, Hatcher says she's not leaving DH until the show is canceled. So when will that be?
    ABC sources say that Marc Cherry's little ratings powerhouse of a series is fully expected to live on for at least a couple more seasons. The main cast is currently only contracted through the end of the current seventh season, but Cherry has said he'd like the show to continue, and the four leading ladies are presumed to be on board as well.
    When asked if there is any truth to the Daily Mail story, an ABC rep says "No."

Read more: Teri Hatcher Is Totally Leaving Desperate Housewives—and Pigs Are Flying, Too! - E! Online

I still watch but this season is boring as hell.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

if Terri would leave, I doubt I'd hardly notice

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information