Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dave Chapelle...Funny or Racist?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Re: Dave Chapelle...Funny or Racist?

^^I have to agree, the Nigger Family is one of my favorites. Cracks me up everytime.

It's THE NIGGAR family. Get it straight dammit! That's one of the funniest Chappelle sketches ever! Do not blaspheme by mispronouncing the name of the NIGGAR family!!! And his last name has two (2) p's in it! Gawd!

Thank you, that is all.

And now, if I may ease back on to the topic at hand: Dave Chappelle is a funny racist. Carlos Mencia is only popular now because of Dave Chappelle, who is hella lot more funny than Carlos. Dave has a social agenda, Carlos does not. That's why I find Carlos unfunny sometimes and doing nothing but promoting the stereotypes. Dave is rebelling against prejudice by making fun of stereotypes. "Who Knows Black People" was DAMN funny! So funny cuz it's true...

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Love the Niggah family skit! So funny.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

actually "hey check out that fat white beating up that little kid" is more correct

HAHAHASHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA----

As far as the wonderful Mr. Chappelle, I don't think he's racist, and I do think he's dead funny. My favorite is the blind black KKK guy who found out he wasn't white, so divorced his wife for being a n****r lover. I nearly peed myself.

****edit: Just read through the posts...Clayton Bigsby is the name...funny, funny stuff.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo
    And now, if I may ease back on to the topic at hand: Dave Chappelle is a funny racist. Carlos Mencia is only popular now because of Dave Chappelle, who is hella lot more funny than Carlos. Dave has a social agenda, Carlos does not. That's why I find Carlos unfunny sometimes and doing nothing but promoting the stereotypes. Dave is rebelling against prejudice by making fun of stereotypes. "Who Knows Black People" was DAMN funny! So funny cuz it's true...

I agree. Carlos is trying to steal Dave's game. NOT WORKING!

Quote Originally Posted by dakodas
    Sometimes when marginalized groups reappropriate pejorative terms it is seen as an act of empowerment, snatching back the tools of oppression. The Vagina Monologues lady talked about it with the word "cunt," and of course "nigga" and even "black" are examples. When my parents were growing up it was insulting to call people "black"-I am only 34 and was taught to say African-Americans. I have since been told by many black people that they want to be called BLACK. I have had black people laugh in my face when I used the term "African American." I have always hated the term Chicano but used it if that is what people wanted to be called that. Latino is the adjective du jour for brown people from South of the Border.
    Where the heck did you and your parents grow up? I am 35 and we always said black. It was around the mid 90s that I started hearing African American. My uncle was born in Africa and now lives in the US and he is white so he could claim to be African American so it doesn't really work, does it?

Alot of comedians make racist remarks, or offend someone whenever they speak. You can't please everybody.

And when I was at highschool, we always had to write/say 'African American', never 'black' people.

I remember Oprah had Chris Rock on years ago and a white lady in the audience asked him why it was okay for him to use the n-word and not her. He just looked at her and said, "Why do you want to?" I loved that. Why does there have to be some big reason behind it: you can't because you just can't.

I love both Chappelle and Chris. They're both racist and hilarious as hell. In fact, I spend a good amount of my time at work listening to their videos on youtube.com.

That whole "African-American" thing is bullshit. I will laugh in the face of anyone that calls me "African-American." Only darksithbunny's uncle can be an African American. The fact that he's WHITE to boot just prooves how stupid this whole "not Black: African-American" thing is!

Quote Originally Posted by VelcroJumper
    I remember Oprah had Chris Rock on years ago and a white lady in the audience asked him why it was okay for him to use the n-word and not her. He just looked at her and said, "Why do you want to?" I loved that. Why does there have to be some big reason behind it: you can't because you just can't.

I love both Chappelle and Chris. They're both racist and hilarious as hell.
    And wicked smart, too. <<--- No, I'm not from New Hampshire. I just went to college there.

He's FUNNY!
    If I feel I must, I say "black", never "African American" b/c where I live in S. FL. the majority of black people are not AA. I do try not to define people by their skin color, seems a bit racist.

Ha...african-american. I was on a subway in Europe once and was getting off at the next stop. I turned to my companions and said 'well, I'm off like a prom dress'. The black guy in the next seat started cracking up, so I asked, 'Are you american'. He answered, 'Well, African-America.' I was so gob-smacked that I just rolled my eyes and said 'give me a break' to which he thankfully looked a bit crestfallen and shrugged in an embarressed way.

Anyway, anecdotes aside, negro was just going out of fashion when I was a really small kid and colored was gaining in popularity. Then it was black and then African-american. I stick with black, if I use anything at all. I try not to because I remember a lecture in college that pointed out that the majority of publishers lists are crawling with white writers who never mention the race of characters unless they're refering to a non-white. An interesting comment that I've never forgotten.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I demand to be called a European-Canadian from now on when anybody is describing me.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Well I demand to be called Irish-Italian-French-German-Dutch-Swiss-American...so there.

--Sinclair Lewis

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I just wanna be called CANADIAN! You guys are whiners...

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

A*O

I get a lot of shit from Brits here who can't understand why I describe myself as an Australian. They seem to think clinging to their Britishness makes them somehow superior. They think I am 'betraying' my British heritage blah blah by getting an Aussie passport. I am an Australian citizen who lives permanently in Australia so therefore I am an Australian.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information