Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Dancing with the Stars September 2011

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Ricki can go any time now too. Hope is a terrible dancer, but I cannot stand Ricki's attitude. Her comments about how she talked to Brooke, Jennifer Grey and Nicole S (not even going to try and spell her name) about being in the competition now really bugged me. I feel like she thinks she's entitled to the trophy. And then, when she didn't do so well, she was talking about letting everyone down. It didn't sound sincere to me, just a way to get votes.
    Oh, I read into it the same way! Glad I wasn't the only one that thought that. Yeah, the whole "sorry I let people down" bullshit was so insincere. I honestly haven't really liked Ricki's attitude for awhile, but last night really cemented it for me.

Elite Member

I really can't stand Ricki. I don't think there is a sincere bone in her body. Harsh, I know, but she reeks of this "aw shucks...you think I'm good?" attitude, and you can tell that she really thinks she's the shit.

Rob K on the other hand -- what a lovely surprise. I didn't think I'd like him at all and I really didn't want to see his family every week, but I think he's a sweetheart.

JR...oh poor JR. You could tell he was in severe pain tonight. None of his infectious joy. Hope he heals soon!

I'd be happy with JR or Rob winning.

ugh Ricki annoys me too. I am so sick of the Kardashian whore train, so i just can't get behind Rob. Plus, tell Kourtney Mason needs to ditch the binkie.

i love JR, and I know he'll be in the finals. Hope is out i think.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I really can't stand Ricki. I don't think there is a sincere bone in her body. Harsh, I know, but she reeks of this "aw shucks...you think I'm good?" attitude, and you can tell that she really thinks she's the shit.

Rob K on the other hand -- what a lovely surprise. I didn't think I'd like him at all and I really didn't want to see his family every week, but I think he's a sweetheart.

JR...oh poor JR. You could tell he was in severe pain tonight. None of his infectious joy. Hope he heals soon!

I'd be happy with JR or Rob winning.
    ^^This^^

At this point we can figure that Ricki will be in the finals. We can only hope that other people see thru her bullshit and she finishes 3rd. Haha, that would totally piss her off.

On GMA a few days ago they had some of the contestants on, and they all said that Ricki is VERY competitive. I have a feeling that she isn't in the "close knit group" the way the others were/are. I know that JR and Rob are really close.

Donny Osmond was on GMA today and he thinks Rob might just take the whole thing. I dunno, but I think we are in agreement here at GR that we don't want that insincere biatch Ricki to win.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by card View Post
    ^^This^^

At this point we can figure that Ricki will be in the finals. We can only hope that other people see thru her bullshit and she finishes 3rd. Haha, that would totally piss her off.

On GMA a few days ago they had some of the contestants on, and they all said that Ricki is VERY competitive. I have a feeling that she isn't in the "close knit group" the way the others were/are. I know that JR and Rob are really close.

Donny Osmond was on GMA today and he thinks Rob might just take the whole thing. I dunno, but I think we are in agreement here at GR that we don't want that insincere biatch Ricki to win.
    We sure are! I would LOVE Ricki to come in 3rd. That would be awesome. I also get the feeling that Ricki isn't included in the lovefest with the others.

Ricki Lake came close to marrying a man she met online only to find out he was a “user and liar.”

The TV host entered the world of Internet dating two years ago and became “infatuated” with a Brit she met on the web.

She tells Newsweek magazine, “When I was single two years ago, I decided I wanted a boyfriend for my birthday. My friends thought I was crazy for online dating.”

Lake admits the relationship progressed very quickly and she even met with immigration lawyers so she could marry her lover.

She explains, “I found this narcissist online and started a whirlwind relationship where I was delusional. I was with a guy who was a total user and liar. He was English and considered himself a poet.

“He was more charismatic than physically beautiful but I became infatuated with him very quickly. I was out of my mind in some ways. I wanted it so badly I lost all clarity… I was going to marry him so he could get a green card. I even went to England with him and met his mother. He was such a bad guy. I was the only one who didn’t see the signs… I found out from my housekeeper that he would be nice to my children in front of my face but would cringe about them behind my back.”

Lake soon realized the romance was doomed and ended the relationship: “After six weeks, I looked in the mirror and didn’t recognize myself. I had lost all sense of who I was. I realized it was not working. As soon as I saw the light, it was over. I didn’t cry a tear about this guy. I dumped him.”

Lake, who has two children with ex-husband Rob Sussman, is now engaged to Christian Evans and admits it was her disastrous romance that helped her find her perfect man.

She adds, “I learned my own value. It’s not about having someone. It’s about having the right someone… Two years later, I’m with the most amazing man who is absolutely right for me. He’s selfless and kind, and he’s not looking to further his career through his lover. I’m with the right person. I had to go through a couple of dirt bags to get to him.”

San Francisco Bay Area — News, Sports, Business, Entertainment, Classifieds: SFGate

She doesn't need a man. She needs therapy.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Soooo....

Who watched it last night? I liked that it was only 1 hour (I could watch House afterwards LOL), there wasn't a ton of filler footage like usual. Rob Kardashian is in the lead, who would've predicted THAT!!

I still think JR is the sentimental favorite to win. I think Rob will come in 2nd, and Ricki 3rd. Anyone else care to voice opinions?

Elite Member

Loved the 1 hour as well!

My hope is Ricki 3rd, Rob 2nd, JR 1st.

I don't think Rob deserves 1st, because although he's improving, he's still not better than JR, but I could handle him winning, and it wouldn't shock me because of the Kardashian fan base. I think he's come across as very likable on the show.

If Ricki wins, I will be very disappointed.

Karina looked amazing in that hot pink costume last night. Wow. JR has really helped her come across as likable this season.

Loved the 1 hour as well!

My hope is Ricki 3rd, Rob 2nd, JR 1st.

I don't think Rob deserves 1st, because although he's improving, he's still not better than JR, but I could handle him winning, and it wouldn't shock me because of the Kardashian fan base. I think he's come across as very likable on the show.

If Ricki wins, I will be very disappointed.

Karina looked amazing in that hot pink costume last night. Wow. JR has really helped her come across as likable this season.
    Great minds think alike Tulip!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by card View Post
    Great minds think alike Tulip!
    I agree !

I'm looking forward to seeing if Rob pulls out the win. I just wish it wouldn't take two hours to find out.

Anyone notice that last night Hope wasn't sitting next to Maks? He had Kirstie on one side, his d-bag brother on the other and Hope was next to Val.

Yes Tulip, I noticed that with Maks and Hope. Kirstie had a very prominent spot next to him. That was interesting. I wonder if those two had some kind of falling-out, and that's why they skipped all the post-elimination interviews.

On a different note, Ricki came in 3rd, yee hah!

I am so glad Ricki didn't win. She annoys the shit out of me. I am on the west coast so the finale just started but I am too lazy to watch so I checked online to see who won.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

i had to check online too. because if Rikki won, i didn't want to see her stupid ass celebrating. Whiny bitch. I'm glad JR won, and thats the only reason I'm staying up, so i can watch him win. i liked him.

oh and i'm GLAD a Kardashian didn't win. We would never hear the end of that.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Elite Member

Perfect ending for me. I am soooo glad Ricki did not win.

I liked the finale. I enjoyed that they let the stars dance an entire dance instead of 10 seconds of one. Carson's Vogue dance was hilarious, as was Chaz's. I'd rather see the stars come back than watch 2 hours of the troupe dance.

Oh! I'm so glad Chynna was able to get through her dance -- and do it well.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information