Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Dancing With the Stars 2014

I felt that Candace was underscored tonight. I liked her with Tony and thought (especially compared with the scores everyone else got) that they deserved 8s. They weren't great, but I didn't think Amy, Drew, or Danica were really any better. Amy was massively overscored tonight. I didn't see Meryl, NeNe, or Cody. I really enjoyed James and Cheryl dancing together.

Meryl and Val. They were spectacular.

dougie likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Elite Member

Candace needs to go home. She is really bad.

I felt horrible for Tony. NeNe was a real bitch to him. He's not the most innovative choreographer or dynamic dancer, but he seems like a super nice guy.
    card likes this.

Candace seems to be getting worse as the show goes on. She started strong, but she looked very awkward last night. Maybe it was the crap Disney theme, but she looked uneasy and a half step behind him the whole time.

Danica was great and Val is getting better looking every week. Amy has a touching story, but I'm not wow'ed by her. She has excellent abdominals, though. I wasn't sad to see Cody Whoever go home. I had no idea who the hell he was and couldn't have been less interested in him or his partner whose name I don't even remember.

I've never been into Real Housewives of ATL, so maybe NeNe has some redeemable qualities about her personality that just haven't come out yet, but she certainly got the bitch edit last night at the very least. Tony doesn't come across as an asshole, so I don't know if she's just trying to create some attention for herself or what. After Meryl and Val danced last week she had a look on her face like she'd sniffed shit.

And speaking of Meryl, she and Maks are doing an excellent job in the showmance department. Either they're actually into each other or they're doing a bang-up job of faking it. Even if she does have an advantage as an ice dancer, she is extraordinarily talented and it's fun to watch them together. And I can't help but finding him smoking ass hot - he should be forced to dance shirtless every week. Those Chmerkovskiy brothers aren't hard on the eyes.
    southernbelle likes this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Candace seems to be getting worse as the show goes on. She started strong, but she looked very awkward last night. Maybe it was the crap Disney theme, but she looked uneasy and a half step behind him the whole time.

Danica was great and Val is getting better looking every week. Amy has a touching story, but I'm not wow'ed by her. She has excellent abdominals, though. I wasn't sad to see Cody Whoever go home. I had no idea who the hell he was and couldn't have been less interested in him or his partner whose name I don't even remember.

I've never been into Real Housewives of ATL, so maybe NeNe has some redeemable qualities about her personality that just haven't come out yet, but she certainly got the bitch edit last night at the very least. Tony doesn't come across as an asshole, so I don't know if she's just trying to create some attention for herself or what. After Meryl and Val danced last week she had a look on her face like she'd sniffed shit.

And speaking of Meryl, she and Maks are doing an excellent job in the showmance department. Either they're actually into each other or they're doing a bang-up job of faking it. Even if she does have an advantage as an ice dancer, she is extraordinarily talented and it's fun to watch them together. And I can't help but finding him smoking ass hot - he should be forced to dance shirtless every week. Those Chmerkovskiy brothers aren't hard on the eyes.
    I think Maks adores Meryl, seriously. I don't think there's anything going on, but he seems so protective of her. I've never seen him like this.

Cody reminded me of Hugh Hefner.

Val and Danica are really good together. I think Amy and Derek are great together and I'm really impressed by her determination. I wouldn't be able to walk on flat fake legs, let alone dance for even 5 seconds on pointy toed legs. There will be a point, however, where she won't be able to do much more. She is limited in what she can do because of balance issues, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I think Maks adores Meryl, seriously. I don't think there's anything going on, but he seems so protective of her. I've never seen him like this.
    I have to say that it does look pretty genuine. I'm think something might be going on or will be soon. He does seem very sweet and gentle with her.

I wouldn't be able to walk on flat fake legs, let alone dance for even 5 seconds on pointy toed legs.
    QFT. I couldn't, either, and what she's doing is inspiring. Judging her by the others, though, I haven't been blown away by their programs. I don't think it's the choreography or music or her dancing, I think it's just a lack of chemistry or something.
    southernbelle likes this.

^^I was wondering too about Maks and Meryl, I don't recall ever seeing him this way with any of his other partners, just very sweet and protective. Hell, I don't think he was ever this way towards Karina when they were engaged!
    tulip likes this.

I didn't watch the first couple of weeks, but are Candace's outfits getting just a little bit more revealing each week?

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    I didn't watch the first couple of weeks, but are Candace's outfits getting just a little bit more revealing each week?
    Possibly trying to compensate for her lacking dancing skills. I like Candace and I think she looks great, but I don't think she's improving a whole lot. She still seems very choppy to me.

I am all the way over NeNe. I don't get her appeal, I guess.

Charlie is a talent for sure, but I feel like he's getting some crap songs. I loved that he was actually filmed cursing during rehearsal. He has always seemed so seriously wholesome to me, so to see him be a little human was kind of entertaining.

I think Val may have the most serious work ethic and teaching ability of all the pros. He seems very focused and like he could make a silk purse out of a sow's ear if he had to. Danica is very good, but I noticed Val went out of his way to mention her boyfriend. There was a blind a few weeks ago that a lot of people thought were about the two of them making out all over the place. They have good chemistry, but it doesn't seem scorching or anything. Bonus points to him for showing off his top half this week, though.

And speaking of scorching - Meryl and Maks. Wow. Those two have it all over everybody else - that tango was smoking. I think it's so interesting that while all the other celebs are crying and sniveling, Meryl is completely unruffled and pep talking her pro. I know I'm fangirling all over them, but they are so excellent together. I knew she was talented, but had no idea she had all this in her.

^^In past seasons, I've thought of Maks as hot, but too full of himself. This season, he's been pretty likeable, this pairing definitely was good for him.

It is time for NeNe to go. I do not understand why the judges are suddenly kissing her ass.

Candace's Little Mermaid dance last week was embarrassing, but I felt that she showed improvement this week and was underscored. If her dance was four 8s, then NeNe's should have been 7s. Candace outdanced NeNe.

I really like Derek Hough and his choreography, but I'm getting sick of watching them just gift Amy 9s and 10s because they are so "inspired" by her dancing as an amputee. She is nowhere near as good as her scores suggest. No one should get 10s with visible mistakes and/or illegal lifts in their routine.

Danica's dance last night was fantastic. Normally, I don't find Danica very captivating as a dancer, but that dance really stood out.

Meryl and Maks and Charlie and Sharna are great, but I don't vote for them because Meryl and Charlie are pros themselves. Since the competition is supposed to be between one pro and one "Star," (not two pros per pair), I won't vote for people who have dance experience - and in Charlie and Meryl's case, BALLROOM dance experience - at the professional level. If they want to do a season of all Olympic gymnasts, figure skaters, ice dancers, and Disney dance kids, fine. But don't throw them into the mix with people like Drew and Candace and then act like it's an even playing field.

I think unfortunately Candace will be going home next week. For whatever reason, the judges seem to want her gone, and with the way they've been pimping NeNe, I don't see them letting her go next week.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    It is time for NeNe to go. I do not understand why the judges are suddenly kissing her ass.
    I think NeNe has probably be grousing a lot about Meryl in particular being on the show. She always has bitch face on when Meryl is about to dance, dancing, or has just danced. And you're right - Meryl is absolutely a ringer (as is Charlie). Maks himself has admitted it, and it's obvious. I will say, however, that if it weren't for some of the real standouts like Meryl or Charlie, I might be bored out of my skull watching. I like watching Danica, but then when someone comes on and has just a powerhouse dance, it's kind of mesmerizing. And really, other than Danica and maybe James (and I have no idea who he is), I don't see a lot of improvement going on, I guess. I like Candace, but she isn't wowing me. Amy I'm reluctant to comment on because it's hard to judge her the same as the others, since obviously she has other considerations going on with her dancing.

I do think NeNe should go before Candace, though, simply because Candace is attempting the technique and not just smoke and mirroring her way through.

Elite Member

Charlie said something about being on a skating tour. Isn't Meryl skating with him?

I don't care one bit if they are ringers. They are fantastic. I like seeing a growth arc with the stars, but with these two, I don't care -- they bring the show to a whole different level. I haven't felt that way about other "ringers" in the past -- I usually like the underdog to win, but I don't want either of these two to leave. They are a joy.
    Laurent likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Charlie said something about being on a skating tour. Isn't Meryl skating with him?

I don't care one bit if they are ringers. They are fantastic. I like seeing a growth arc with the stars, but with these two, I don't care -- they bring the show to a whole different level. I haven't felt that way about other "ringers" in the past -- I usually like the underdog to win, but I don't want either of these two to leave. They are a joy.
    Yes, they're both on tour with Stars on Ice. Maks and Sharna travel with them around the U.S. on tour every week to teach and practice the dances and then they all fly back to L.A. for the DWTS show every week. It's another reason I'm so amazed by Meryl and Charlie - they're skating multiple shows per week and traveling around the U.S. while also learning new choreography for ballroom dance every week. And I think this upcoming week is the team dance week, so they have to learn their individual dances plus whatever they're doing for the team dance.

And I agree with the rest of your post, too. I already followed them somewhat because I love figure skating in general, but watching them on DWTS has made me like both of them even more.

It's very rare that a "star" without any dance experience ends up blowing everyone away; for that reason, I'm OK with them having participants with some dance experience (though non-professional dancers) because they are more entertaining. I also don't think that experience in one type of dance necessarily gives them an edge; how many times have we seen professional dancers on SYTYCD that are bad at any other type of dance that's not what they normally do?
    Laurent and msdeb like this.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information