Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Dancing With the Stars 2014

I'm actually surprised Candace Cameron is allowed to do this by her husband, considering it will require her to touch another man and wear things that may reveal a hint of bosom and thigh.

I think it's kind of bogus when any ringer is allowed on this show, too, and I thought the same thing about Kristi Yamaguchi and Evan Lysacek when they competed. But I guess it keeps it from being a show full of duds, since you know at least a few will be teachable and not stink up the joint.

I am very curious to see Meryl dance with Maksim Chmerkovskiy, though. She seems to sell the sweet and wholesome coy stuff with Charlie White, whereas I could see MC trying to push it into full-on risqué sexy seduction in his effort to finally win with a partner who has discernible talent. It may be awesome, or hilarious, or both.
    southernbelle and *DIVA! like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

So, what did everyone think? Early favorites?

I'll be shocked if anyone other than Meryl wins, but I won't be voting for her just because I think it's absurd that she was allowed to compete in the first place. I liked Candace Cameron the best. Danica was okay but she was overdoing the whole "I'm so excited!" thing. I felt sorry for Billy Dee Williams. I felt like it was almost cruel to put him on the show with such limited ability. Peta seems like someone who fucks/wants to fuck all of her partners.

I like the new pro, Witney. She's talented and much better than Lindsay, the other blonde in the troupe who was a pro a few seasons ago. I remember at that time not getting why they promoted Lindsay instead of Witney. She was too focused on herself and not on showcasing her partner. Even in her troupe dances, she's often a half beat ahead or behind because she's so focused on looking into the camera and being seen. After one season as a pro, Lindsay was demoted back to the troupe and it looks like now they've gotten it right and promoted Witney instead.

I thought Meryl was great, but I'd be surprised if she wasn't. She is matching Maksim with pawing, which I'm semi-surprised about - I thought she'd be more reticent for some reason. I think Maks has his eye on her. And I hate to admit it, but I think he is hot. A drama queen to be sure, but hot nevertheless.

Charlie was also excellent, but not sure if he was better than any of the other really great ones. They probably could've cut to Tanith Belbin a few more times in the audience.

Candace and Danica were both good, as was Amy. I always feel bad for the obviously struggling ones, too, but I guess they're getting a nice pay day out of the deal.

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Dancing With The Stars' NeNe Leakes impresses judges with Tony Dovolani | Mail Online

+10

One to watch: NeNe Leakes kicked off Dancing With The Stars' 18th season with an energetic cha-cha-cha with partner Tony Dovolani on Monday night

+10

Plenty of crowd support: The Real Housewives Of Atlanta favourite had the audience up on their feet dancing and clapping along as she put her all into the fun number

+10

She's bootylicious! The 46-year-old certainly wasn't shy about flaunting her assets in the cream mini-dress featuring plenty of sequins and tassels, complete with headband and matching tasselled stilettos

Dancing With The Stars' NeNe Leakes impresses judges with Tony Dovolani | Mail Online

Cody Simpson Cha-Chas his way into Dancing With The Stars | Mail Online

+8

Dynamic duo: Cody Simpson and dancing partner Witney Carson made their Dancing with the Stars debut on the USA's 18th season on Monday night

+8

Getting in to it: Cody and Witney during their performance of the Cha Cha on Monday night

+8

Biggest fans: Cody's model girlfriend Gigi Hadid and Cody's sister Alli cheer on the pop star

Just be careful: Cody and Witney are the youngest team Dancing with the Stars has had in the competition

Cody Simpson Cha-Chas his way into Dancing With The Stars | Mail Online

So, at the end of the show, the couples were told what dance they were performing next week based on what each "star" had supposedly said was a dance they were really looking forward to performing. When they got to Candace Cameron, thay said she really wanted to dance a "romantic rumba", and she seemed shocked, like "What?!? When did I say that?" I'm not sure if she really didn't say this was a dance she wanted to do, or if she was trying to save face in front of her husband...
    southernbelle likes this.

Foxy lady! Danica and partner Val Chmerkovskiy impressed with their foxtrot, which landed them in joint third position on the leaderboard at the end of the evening

+51

Getting creative: Candace Cameron Bure and partner Mark Ballas began their contemporary routine on the floor, performing mirror-image moves

'I was torn between ecstasy and torment': Bruno Tonioli gushed over the routine, which was executed to the highest degree by the 37-year-old mom-of-three

Proud as punch: The star admitted she was overwhelmed and feeling a little teary as she caught a glimpse of her three children giving her a standing ovation from the front row

Put your back in to it! Olympic Champion ice dancer Charlie White may have appeared to have an advantage over his competitors, but pro Sharna Burgess still had work to do getting him used to dancing in shoes on a wooden floor

‘Poetry in motion’: The 27-year-old went barefoot as he performed a series of difficult lifts with his partner, which saw him round of the evening in the number-one spot

Revealing: There were certainly a lot lees sparkles and a lot more skin showing in the American equivalent to Strictly Come Dancing

What rivalry? Charlie showed he's a good sport as he let his ice dancing partner, Meryl Davis, rope him in to starring in her opening routine, before she took to the floor with her DWTS partner, Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Robbed? The stunning brunette and her pro partner, who returned to the show after a recent break, were the ones to watch, performing a near-perfect routine - though it wasn't reflected in their score

Candace Cameron Bure and Danica McKellar show their rivalry on DWTS | Mail Online

Meryl reminds me of Natasha (of Boris and Natasha):

Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

She definitely has a cartoonish look to her, but I'm thinking more Disney princess.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I never watch this show, but I would love to catch Danica McKellar when she's on.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I never watch this show, but I would love to catch Danica McKellar when she's on.
    She's actually quite good already. Very enthusiastic about being there and seems to be genuinely enjoying herself.

Candace Cameron is good, too, but I don't think she was better than Meryl by any stretch of the imagination and it was reaching a little to give her a better score, imo. Still, she's not known for using dance in her livelihood, so maybe they gave her an extra nudge for being so good from where she started. I'm not surprised, however, that she's putting the nix on revealing costumes. I was surprised she was doing the show at all, considering it's not known for its modesty. I don't think showing off a good body is necessarily being a bad role model, but obviously her mileage varies greatly from mine in several things.

Candace Cameron Bure Plans to Wear Modest Costumes on Dancing With the Stars, Wants to Be "a Good Role Model"

Entertainment
    March 18, 2014 AT 11:30AM
    By Nicole Eggenberger

Mom first, dancer second. Candace Cameron Bure won't be wearing skimpy costumes while competing on Dancing With the Stars. The Full House alum made her dancing debut on the premiere of Season 18 on Monday, March 17, and told reporters that she plans to wear modest costumes on the ABC show. See DWTS' rehearsal pics here.

"The two most important things in my life are my faith and my family and I know that is what is going to get me through this competition," Bure, a devout Christian, told partner Mark Ballas in a video clip from their rehearsals. "I'm not gonna be your sexy girl, I'm a mom of three kids so I want to look good and feel beautiful, but I will probably stay on the more modest end of costuming."

Bure, 37, has three children -- daughter Natasha, 15, and sons Lev, 14, and Maksim, 12 -- with her husband, Russian NHL hockey player Valerie Bure. The former child star told Us Weekly after the show Monday that her costumes will be a "happy medium" between sexy and modest.

"I won't be the sexiest one out there," she told Us. "I am a mom and I want to be a good role model for my children and my husband. But I think for each dance we'll wear what reflects the dance but in the most classy way possible."

Bure also hopes that her appearance on DWTS will motivate other moms. "I want to represent all the moms out there and inspire them and encourage them," she explained. "I'm just a woman, I'm not any different than all the moms out there -- my priority is my family, my husband, my kids and so this for me is truly just a joy. It's something I've never done and to get the opportunity to do this is fantastic. I'm just going to enjoy every moment. We're working hard of course, but I'm thrilled to just be able to work hard and do this."

The actress and partner Ballas came in second place Monday with an impressive score of 25 points -- just two points below Olympic figure skater Charlie White and partner Sharna Burgess' score.

Ballas told Us he was proud of Bure's performance. "I remember that moment of just looking over to my right and she was just giving me face and hair," he recalled of their Contemporary Dance to Ellie Goulding's "Burn." "I was like, 'You go girl! You get it!' I was really proud of her!"
    Read more: Candace Cameron Bure to Wear Modest DWTS Costumes to Be a "Role Model" - Us Weekly
    Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

Meh, I can't get too upset about Candace CHOOSING to be more modest. I mean, it isn't her husband who was/is the uber religious one, it's her. Frankly, I don't watch the show, but some of those costumes are a tad skanky.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I totally understand Candace wanting more modest costumes; Besides her religious beliefs, she has three kids who are old enough to be embarrassed by their mom flaunting her ass cheeks and cleavage with stripperesque costumes.
    Bellatheball and card like this.

Dancing with the Stars' Season 18, Episode 1 | Mail Online

An inspiration: Professional snowboarder and double leg amputee Amy Purdy proved there's nothing she can't do as she partnered with Derek Hough

Sisterly support: Derek's sibling Julianne was in the audience cheering them on

'That was an honor to watch you dance': The gutsy blonde didn't let her disability stop her from giving her all to the impressive routine

'You are like a beacon of light in this room': The snowboarder had the judges in awe of her, with Bruno commenting that he was 'gobsmacked' watching her

Not a happy surprise! Pro dancer Peta Murgatroyd was completely shocked when she discovered she had been partnered with Big Time Rush star James Maslow - who she once dated

Not too shabby! They certainly seemed to get over their awkwardness as they took to the dance floor for a beautiful foxtrot

Putting his best foot forward: Drew Carey and Cheryl Burke played up to his Price Is Right hosting job with their props, while the newly-slim star showed off his 80-lb weight-loss in his suit

'When I was fat, I couldn’t do these things': The star scored an impressive 21 points to land him in joint fifth position

She has her hands full! Canadian former pro ice hockey player Sean Avery said he was happy to live up to his bad boy reputation on the show as he was partnered with Karina Smirnoff

Intimate: The strong star enveloped his partner in a number of lifts during their romantic routine

'I'll come over that desk pretty quick': The star deadpanned that he would take up any poor scores with the judges, though he didn't follow through on his promise despite saying he was 'disappointed' at scoring just 20

'It’s not how you start, it’s how you finish': Diana Nyad remained optimistic despite only scoring 18 points with partner Henry Byalikov for their foxtrot

'I wasn’t expecting it as good as that, so well done to you': Judge Len Goodman gave her an encouraging boost, adding that he was confident her 'determination' would get her through

'I didn't show all my tricks tonight': The 64-year-old revealed that she didn't give it her all, and should she remain in the competition, she will pull out all the stops

Storming onto the stage: Lando Calrissian made a special appearance on the show

'Two hip replacements, you’re 77 - you did a good job': Star Wars legend Billy Dee Williams pulled out all the stops, complete with dancing Storm Troopers, to detract from his lack of dancing as he took to the floor with partner Emma Slater

'You played it very C3P0 - I want Darth Vader': The ageing star did his best, but he was limited to only very basic two-step moves with his arthritis in his back and having had two hip operations

Ewoks in the house! Emma Slater cuddles up to the furry aliens

Talking Dirty! Jason Derülo opened the show with a bang as he performed his latest song accompanied by the DWTS pro dancers

Look away, Jordan! The 24-year-old was surrounded by scantily-clad women as his girlfriend, singer Jordan Sparks, watched from the audience

Dancing with the Stars' Season 18, Episode 1 | Mail Online
    Last edited by dougie; March 20th, 2014 at 11:44 AM.

I need Billie to go back to Shady Pines!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Candace Cameron Bure and Danica McKellar show their rivalry on DWTS | Mail Online

that's the title of the above article? neither one was mentioned. stupid article!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information