Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Still did not talk to my sis, she has a crapload of kids of her own and got home late Sunday night. My mom said that dance moms won 1st for a solo and my sisters dancers won a first place and several 2nd/silver? places. I gotta watch this show at least once. My mom said there is no way anybody at sisters studio can treat people like these women do.

I swear on everything that is Holy, I wanna punch Abbey in the fucking mouth. She talks so much shit to the kids. I'd cunt punt her ass if she ever talked to me or my kid the way she does.

I was watching last night when mrdj came in, looked at the TV, and said, "Holy crap, that lady's a Hut."

He's totally right.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

That's why I call her Jabby Lee.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

well nothing exciting to report. My sister said Lifetime did not let anyone get near them. The solo dancers were good but I guess as a team they are not as strong.

Well that stinks. I tune in once in a blue moon and Id be curious to hear what real live people have to say about Abby and her crew.

A. Boy, Jill has showed her true colors with running to the Candy Asses studio.
    B. I'm not sure which voice of Abby's disturbs me more: the voice of a 60 year old chain smoking alchoholic or the one that sounds like the 10 year old chain smoking alcholic.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I wonder when the Dance Moms: Miami is coming out? I need more trashy people!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holly is probably my favorite mom, but when watching Nia's solo, it was really apparent why she is always on the bottom of the pyramid. Before, we hadn't really seen enough of Nia to really judge if she was, as several of the moms have claimed, the "weakest link". After seeing her solo, I could see why. Her legs were bent in every turn and aerial. Her feet were flexed or sickled when they should have been pointed. Tricks, turns, and leaps were not done full-out. I thought for sure after watching that, Abby was going to tear her to pieces. For a dancer at the level that these girls are at, that performance was embarrassing, and I felt like Abby should have drawn more attention to the technique problems. At their level, there's no excuse for turning in such a sloppy, half-assed performance at a competition. Nia's problem is not that she doesn't know or can't do the moves - it's that she doesn't make the effort to do them correctly and completely. I feel like she's not reaching her full potential as a dancer, and if Abby lets her get away with performing like that, she'll never improve.

Usually, I do think that Abby is too harsh with the girls, but in this case, I felt like she was a lot easier on Nia than she should have been. On both my dance team and my gymnastics team, if we had turned in a performance like that at a competition, we would have been sitting out the next one.

^I felt badly for Holly and Nia because what I think she was saying was that Nia was sacrificed to the show storyline and that it's easy to forget that these are real children when all you care about is ridiculous dance company owners acting like teamsters.

I agree that Nia's technique was noticibly bad in that dance. It makes me wonder if the producers instructed her not finish the moves or concentrate on toe points and knee flexes to amp up the Candy Apple drama. She's not as techniquely proficient as the other girls in the group but she's never stood out as a really bad dancer.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Did anyone see Abby and Cathy on Rosie's new show on OWN? I was just flipping through the channels and saw it. OMG, the freaking drama!!! It was interesting though.

Something is seriously fucked about Abby, or Jabby, (thanks Twitchy!) if she thought those costumes were anywhere near appropriate for pre-teens, good lord.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Elite Member

^^ and they were doing a fan dance -- c'mon! The looks on the judges' faces -- and the horror on most of the dance mom's faces (except for Melissa who had her dumb smile plastered on her face) was hilarious. Of course, Abby spun their loss -- never her fault.

Dance Masters of America Dumps Abby Lee of ‘Dance Moms’
    February 29th, 2012

Dance Masters of America is publically disassociating itself from Abby Lee Miller, the infamous dance teacher from the Lifetime series Dance Moms, a reality show known for its trophy-obsessed teachers and scheming stage mothers.

In the 2012 spring newsletter emailed to DMA members this week, Phyllis R. Guy, DMA national president, makes the following statement:

“To date, Dance Masters of America has not taken a public stand on the Dance Moms reality show. We had hoped the show would just fade away. As many of you know, the Lifetime video crew appeared at our Orlando National Convention and were immediately turned away and refused any filming of our convention workshops or competitions. Parents and students attending the convention were immediately notified and were discouraged from any participation with this program. DMA feels this is a total misrepresentation of our dance educators and their students and is detrimental to the dance profession.

“Abby Lee Miller is no longer a member of Dance Members of America. Her membership was terminated through her chapter. Quality dance education is very important to each of us and our students and our goal is to provide the best dance education in the most loving atmosphere.”

Source: Dance Masters of America Dumps Abby Lee of

hahahahahha, Jabby!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread Information