Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Dallas on TNT (Summer 2012)

All the Elena haters will be happy ... there's trouble in paradise.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Neptunia View Post
    I'm excited to see how the PamBecca and John Ross marriage goes. Is it just for shares in Barnes Global or will they stay together for love? I hope they do, as I like those two characters (and they're the antidote for me to the boring and self-righteous Christopher and Elena.)

I'm interested to see how they set up next season with this cliffhanger, since it will be the first without any J.R. story to drive it.
    I think John Ross really loves Pammy, but he's his daddy's son, as we're left seeing him banging Emma again.

That scene at the gravesite made me cry! When Bobby started crying, I lost it.

LOVE the big portrait of J.R. hanging at Ewing Global!

Damn Elena! I never did trust her.

i was pretty pleased with the finale. i was really shocked when John Ross walked into the room and it was Emma.
    i think it was good that Bum is the one that killed JR.

and i hate Elena. she drives me insane. oh, and Christopher is nothing but a big old pussy
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Apr 30 2013 02:35 PM ET

'Dallas' renewed for third season

by James Hibberd

The Ewing clan will continue their TV dynasty.
    TNT has picked up a third season of Dallas, with 15 episodes ordered for early next year.
    Dallas has built a passionately loyal following with its expertly woven storylines, clever twists and turns, and numerous outstanding performances by a cast that spans generations,” said Michael Wright, president, head of programming for TNT. “Although we said goodbye to Larry Hagman and his iconic character J.R. Ewing this year, Dallas has many more stories left to tell, and the Ewing clan will continue to honor J.R.’s memory by keeping its audience surprised and delighted.”
    Indeed, some wondered if Dallas would continue beyond the second season after Hagman passed away late last year. The season has averaged 3.8 million viewers per episode when including seven days of DVR playback, and 1.4 million adults 18-49.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

I'm glad the show is coming back!
    I wasn't sure if it would still be watchable without Larry Hagman's fun swagger but it's still enjoyable and I want to follow what happens with Sue Ellen, John Ross, Pamela and Bobby. I don't care about the rest of them, especially Elena and Emma.
    Bluebonnet and Gossiplover like this.

Mark your calendars, folks. Dallas returns for its third season Monday, February 24. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    Mark your calendars, folks. Dallas returns for its third season Monday, February 24. Can't wait!
    *dances around room*
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    yup, i'm ready!
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

JR still a presence as 3rd 'Dallas' season opens

PARKER, Texas (AP) - J.R. Ewing is gone, but his presence still looms large on "Dallas" — along with the influence of the actor who made the conniving oilman one of television's most beloved characters.

The third season of the reboot of the classic series, which premieres Monday on TNT, marks the first full season without Larry Hagman, who died of complications from cancer in November 2012 at age 81. But cast members say the memory and schemes of his character — who was shot to death in the second season to coincide with Hagman's death — live on.

On the cast's call sheets, Hagman's name is even still listed first.

"His character was such a larger-than-life being that we still reference him on the show," said Patrick Duffy, who reprises his role as J.R.'s brother Bobby Ewing in the new series. "And a lot of the plot devices that we're dealing with, we attribute to the character of J.R.: 'Oh my God, if it hadn't have been for that, then this wouldn't have happened. Damn him.' But there he is. He's omnipresent and that's good."

Duffy spoke during filming this month at the fictional family's home base of Southfork Ranch, which is now a tourist attraction, just outside Dallas.

"Once we got the first couple of episodes after Larry's death, handling the demise of J.R., we knew we could do anything and it was a matter of would the audience stay with us. And they did through the end of the season," Duffy said.

CBS aired the original "Dallas" from 1978 to 1991. As the Ewings schemed and the plot twisted season after season, the series contributed to some of TV's most memorable moments, including the 1980 cliffhanger that left the whole world asking "Who shot J.R.?"

In addition to Hagman and Duffy, the new TNT series revival brought back Linda Gray to reprise her role of J.R.'s ex-wife, Sue Ellen, and Ken Kercheval as Cliff Barnes, the Ewings' archenemy. Adding to the family drama in the new series, filmed entirely in the Dallas area, are Josh Henderson as John Ross, J.R. and Sue Ellen's son, and Jesse Metcalfe as Christopher, Bobby's adopted son.

Just before the new series began filming in fall 2011, Hagman announced he had cancer. But J.R., with his signature cowboy hat and boots, emerged on screen as wily as ever. When Hagman died as filming was underway on the second season, writers scrambled to rewrite scripts.

"We'll never be used to shooting this show without Larry. He's always missed and he's always a part of the story line, especially through my character," Henderson said.

Henderson said that in season three, John Ross is "very much into the J.R. style of life," which besides being ruthless in business also means using his charms on women.

Executive producer Cynthia Cidre said John Ross has wanted to fill his father's shoes since the pilot episode of the new series. This season, he struggles with whether he's exactly like his father or his own man.

She said John Ross' emotions run the gamut: "We see him be wicked. We see him cheat. We see him lie. We see him be unfaithful. We see him cry. We see him be crushed by things that he's done and feel guilty about them."

Meanwhile, Metcalfe said his character's focus on a new love interest, played by AnnaLynne McCord, will have him retreating for a bit from the continuous family turmoil. But Metcalfe doesn't expect the respite to last.

"He kind of takes a step back in order to lick his wounds and take care of himself. And Bobby sort of steps in to that role as far as standing up to John Ross with his various schemes that he has this season," Metcalfe said.

Season three opens with Bobby standing in the family cemetery at their beloved ranch, looking at family gravestones, including that of his brother, before riding off on horseback — back into the fray.

Jordana Brewster, who plays Elena Ramos, agrees that reminders of J.R. and Hagman are everywhere, but adds, "Of course when you see old episodes, there's no replacing that charm and that twinkle."

JR still a presence as 3rd 'Dallas' season opens - Yahoo Finance

Just a reminder ... Dallas' 3rd season premieres tonight on TNT (or Bravo if you are in Canada) at 9:00 EST. :-)

OK, who is watching this season? It's good!

Best scene of the episode:

Afton to Sue Ellen: As bad as J.R. treated you, I would think you would've raised John Ross to be better.

Sue Ellen: The worst thing J.R. ever did Afton....was YOU!
    msdeb likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

loving this season already!

the only issue i have is with Sue Ellen and her flask. She picks the most open places to bring it out.

and John Ross gets sexier every episode.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I thought he and Pam already got married last season? Why are they getting married again?

Who watched the season finale last night?
    sprynkles likes this.

I did. But it's the only full episode I saw this season. I am hoping it's on Netflix so I can see it all. It was pretty exciting though, coming from a clueless watcher.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Thread Information