Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Dallas on TNT (Summer 2012)

Dallas: Linda Gray & Patrick Duffy Talk Paying Tribute To Larry Hagman & J.R. Ewing

The cast of "Dallas" are paying tribute to the late Larry Hagman today, both in the show's host Texas city and online.

"Larry put Dallas, really, on the map after the assassination of John F. Kennedy... and then went on to enchant the whole world, so we thought wouldn't it be lovely to dedicate this day - where the [television] show is all about his memorial - so everyone could say 'Goodbye,' and 'Thanks,' and 'We love you,'" Linda Gray, who plays Sue Ellen on the TNT primetime drama, told Access Hollywood on Sunday at PaleyFest 2013. "So we're all wearing cowboy boots and cowboy hats in Texas."

Patrick Duffy, who plays Bobby Ewing on "Dallas," which honors Larry's famed J.R. character on tonight's episode, said the credit for "Larry Hagman Day" (fans can participate on Twitter by adding #rememberingJR in their Tweets), goes to Linda.

"Linda is actually responsible for that because nobody kind of got on board with that and she thought, 'We should do this.' And since we all have joined the 21st century and we all have our Twitter sites and our Facebook pages and all those social medias ... she decided, 'Let's just do a Larry Hagman Day,'" Patrick told Access. "So we all changed our pictures on our things to include Larry and we mention it in all our communications."

As for tonight's big "Dallas" episode, which airs at 9/8c on TNT, Linda said there will be many famous faces who come back to pay tribute to the legendary character.

"Ted Shackelford will be on the show, Cathy Podewell, Charlene Tilton ... [There were] lots of hugs and memories," Linda said. "It was such a lovely time to remember Larry. Beautiful."

"Everyone's shares a moment that J.R. impacted their lives," Jesse Metcalfe (Christopher Ewing) told Access at PaleyFest. "So it's going to be a very moving episode."

Jordana Brewster, who plays Elena Ramos, told Access that at a recent screening of the episode for the crew, "there wasn't a dry eye in the house."

Although it is a moving episode, Patrick said he didn't have a problem shooting the goodbye to J.R.

"It really wasn't hard for me to film it. Any time I think of Larry, it's always a good feeling. I don't mourn him because I've said before, I'm so satiated with Hagman," Patrick said. "He's my best friend and he has been my best friend for over 30 years, so it's not like I even miss him because I'm so full of that relationship. That'll last me my whole life."

Josh Henderson, who plays J.R.'s son, John Ross Jr., said his thoughts turn to his former co-star, regularly.

"Larry - he is what made 'Dallas' tick, originally, and it was an absolute honor and a pleasure for me to be able to work with him [and] learn from him," Josh said. "So we miss him dearly and I think about him every day."

"Dallas" airs tonight at 9/8c on TNT.

Dallas: Linda Gray & Patrick Duffy Talk Paying Tribute To Larry Hagman & J.R. Ewing - Yahoo! omg!

GODDAMNIT, Sue Ellen! FUCK!

I am so disappointed.

I swear I cried a lot this episode dammit! Long live JR

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    GODDAMNIT, Sue Ellen! FUCK!

I am so disappointed.
    Maybe we'll get drunk Sue Ellen falling down the stairs.

Did ya'll notice Mandy Winger and Callie at the memorial? I wondered if Mandy was gonna show up. I'm surprised Sue Ellen didn't punch her.

I loved how they did the theme in the intro. I was hoping they would show flashbacks of J.R. though. I did love how they showed the picture of J.R. and Sue Ellen from way back. And that letter he wrote her!!!

In real life I would never wish for an alcoholic to fall off the wagon, but I don't think Sue Ellen could've shown up to J.R.'s funeral any other way except still drunk from the night before and referencing her days as Miss Texas.

I cannot believe Cally Harper and Mandy Winger were there. And didn't J.R. have a child with Cally? Wonder where he was? If I was Sue Ellen, I would've had them both tossed out by their hair.

And what's all this business about trying to find Pamela Barnes? Red herring? Because hasn't Victoria Principal said she isn't coming back (for now)?
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    And didn't J.R. have a child with Cally?
    This from Wikipedia:

Cally was a waitress at a hotel in Hayleyville, Arkansas, whom J.R. met while on a hunting trip with his brother Bobby and their sons. J.R. seduced Cally into bed, but when J.R. is discovered by her crazed brothers, he is arrested and convicted for rape. After Cally's brothers break J.R. out of prison, Cally lies that she is pregnant, so her brothers force J.R. into a shotgun wedding. J.R. eventually escapes from Hayleyville and returns to Dallas, but Cally shortly thereafter follows him with the intention of making their marriage work. To her dismay, she finds that J.R. wants nothing to do with her.
    Seeking the help of J.R.'s first wife, Sue Ellen, Cally tricks J.R. into renewing their wedding vows when she claims she really is pregnant. After tying the knot, J.R. discovers her ruse, but decides to remain married to Cally; mainly because his son John Ross has become fond of his stepmother.
    Cally Ewing develops an interest in painting and has a distinct primitive Grandma Moses-style. Miss Ellie encourages her talent and Lucy has Cally display her paintings at her art gallery.
    However, their rocky marriage is short-lived as J.R. soon returns to his philandering ways. By the time Cally divorces J.R., she really is pregnant with his child. However, in an attempt to escape from J.R., Cally lies that J.R.'s son James is the child's father and J.R. allows Cally to leave Dallas. Later, upon discovering the child's true paternity, J.R. decides to track Cally down and finds she has created a new life for herself in Florida with her new child and boyfriend. Realizing how happy Cally is, J.R. decides to leave her in peace.

I totally forgot about James Beaumont! He was J.R.'s son from his affair with Vanessa Beaumont in 1967.

Lord, the drama.

Yeah, supposedly J.R. had 3 sons - John Ross was the middle one and the only one by Sue Ellen. Speaking of John Ross, the little shit is really starting to grow on me and suddenly he's turned off damn near attractive. He's improving at the same rate Christopher is declining.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Yeah, supposedly J.R. had 3 sons - John Ross was the middle one and the only one by Sue Ellen. Speaking of John Ross, the little shit is really starting to grow on me and suddenly he's turned off damn near attractive. He's improving at the same rate Christopher is declining.
    And WHAT was up with him popping a Clonopin and then hooking up with Emma in the Range rover?

I have no idea, that was weird. Considering how fucked up her home life has been, I wondered if that would've been her first time ever. Unless Harris took care of that for her, which looks like that might be the way their family works.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    I loved how they did the theme in the intro.
    I really liked that, too.

I thought the ending was great with Bobby sitting at the foot of JR's bed crying. Patrick Duffy said he was okay with shooting that episode, but I bet anything those tears were real.

I hope Sue Ellen pulls it together quickly. I really don't want to see her become a drunk again.

man what a tear jerker. i ended up watching the later show (11pm) and could NOT get to sleep until 4am. i cried through most of the show.

i know that i don't like Emma. and stupid Elena's brother showing up with the gun acting all bad was just silly.

the new intro was awesome, and the ending was amazing. This will be a good season
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

J.R. Ewing Laid To Rest, But Legend To Live On In TNT's Dallas

J.R. Ewing may have been laid to rest on Monday night's "Dallas," but don't expect the legendary character, who was played by the late Larry Hagman, to become less important on the show.

"It's not like the character is going to disappear," Patrick Duffy, who plays Bobby Ewing, told Access Hollywood over the weekend at the Paley Center, as he showed off the J.R. Ewing watch on loan from the Hagman Family as part of the WB Out of the Box exhibit. "The influence that the character of J.R. has on the show could run another 10 years.

"The character of J.R. was so omnipresent when Larry was alive, who knows what that character did without us knowing - if that's going to pop up in year four, five and six," Patrick added.

Jesse Metcalfe, who plays Patrick's on-screen son, Christopher Ewing, said the death of the J.R. character creates big drama for the rest of Season 2.

"J.R.'s murder really sets in motion a lot of storylines that pay off in a very big way throughout the second half of the season, and especially in the season finale," Jesse told Access , ahead of the "Dallas" PaleyFest event at the Saban Theatre on Saturday in Los Angeles.

As fans saw at the end of Monday night's episode of "Dallas," J.R. was working on two things when he was killed - looking for Christopher Ewing's mother - Pamela Ewing, and working on taking down Ann Ewing's ex-husband, Harris Ryland.

"J.R. was on to something pretty interesting," "Dallas" Executive Producer Mike Robin told Access, when asked about the trail for Pam.

"Yes, he was on to something interesting have to do with Christopher's mother that would help Christopher and the family," Cynthia Cidre, Executive Producer of "Dallas," added. "And hopefully, as with most things that we do, what you're expecting is not going to happen and when we go left, we really go right. I just hope the fans enjoy all the twists and turns having to do with that story."

Although there will be drama on the way, producers did confirm to Access the new "Who shot J.R.?" storyline will be concluded by the end of the season.

"Dallas" airs Monday nights at 9 on TNT.

J.R. Ewing Laid To Rest, But Legend To Live On In TNT's Dallas - Yahoo! TV

Larry's name has been removed from the opening credits. I realize he's not technically on the show anymore, but JR is going to keep getting mention, so I was hoping they might leave him up for the remainder of the season. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    Larry's name has been removed from the opening credits. I realize he's not technically on the show anymore, but JR is going to keep getting mention, so I was hoping they might leave him up for the remainder of the season. Sad.
    I know. They should put a big portrait of him up in the entry hall at Southfork like they did when Jim Davis (Jock Ewing) died. That way, Larry as J.R. will still be honored.
    Laurent and Seth82 like this.

And how can no one be talking about Valene showing up?!!! How awesome is that?

Thread Information