Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coraline: Not your Mother's rabbit hole

My husband and I tried to see it this weekend and it was sold out! Maybe next weekend, it looks interesting.

We saw something else at the Hollywood Arclight and they had on display some scale models and original sketches from the movie, very impressive the detail they use in those things. I couldn't imagine something so painstaking that it takes 7 years to complete.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Um, ever heard of the rabbit test? Cross-reference that with what comes out of Mommy's "hole".

That is not at all what the reference is about. A "rabbit hole" is in reference to Alice in Wonderland when she fell down the rabbit hole into a bizarre alternate reality. "Not your Mother's" refers to the fact that Coraline's alternate reality is a different, more modern type of rabbit hole from Alice's.

Holy hell, I just googled "the rabbit test." Never heard of it before!!

Quote Originally Posted by card View Post
    My kids, ages 18 & 13, went to see this movie Friday night. They both came back to say it is a "disturbing" movie. Kind of scary, it's not a movie for little kids, despite being animated.
    My son saw it yesterday & he's 10 and he said "it's the darkest most depressing cartoon ever"...
    Oh & I was under the impression that this was Tim Burton's line of shit as well...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    That is not at all what the reference is about. A "rabbit hole" is in reference to Alice in Wonderland when she fell down the rabbit hole into a bizarre alternate reality. "Not your Mother's" refers to the fact that Coraline's alternate reality is a different, more modern type of rabbit hole from Alice's.

Uh, yes, we know the reference, but this title is a double entendre and quite risque.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Uh, yes, we know the reference, but this title is a double entendre and quite risque.

I don't think so. The review is mature and articulate. Doesn't jibe with such a childish and crude double entendre.

Whatever.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Not Tim Burton, but I think it was produced by the same person who did "Nightmare Before Christmas". It was made by the production company Phil Knight and his son owns - owner of Nike.

I don't think so. The review is mature and articulate. Doesn't jibe with such a childish and crude double entendre.
    The title of the thread does.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

this film was awsome took my cousins to see it on release date.
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

My boyfriend and I went to see it last Saturday at midnight thinking there wouldn't be any kids. We were wrong. Someone even brought a sleeping infant in a car seat who woke up and cried repeatedly. Back to the movie, we thought it was just ok. I loved the beginning sequence with the credits; it reminded me of the horror film May. We thought the beginning portion was too long and the ending portion too short.

We saw it yesterday in 3D, the movie was not for little ones as a few parts could scare a small child. The 3D effects were worth the 5.00 to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    I thought this was another Tim Burton directed deal, but since it isn't, I might actually check it out.
    i think 'the nightmare before christmas' was directed by henry selick and produced by tim burton. 'coraline' is again directed by selick.

i so want to see this movie, i still have the occasional nightmare about buttons .

You're right. I saw it yesterday. It's very similar to Alice in Wonderland. I don't believe any double entendre was intended in that title.

I really enjoyed it. Some parts were very dark. I don't know if it's that suitable for little ones. It's kind of misleading that they're marketing it as "America's No. 1 Family Movie". Some kids might have nightmares over a few of those scenes. Also, unlike Burton's "Nightmare", the main character becomes pretty creepy looking.

Overall, I recommend it. Especially in 3-D.

bump

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wADZBNvA_s&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]
    whoa!
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information