Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Conspiracy Theory: Did We Land on the Moon?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarsters View Post
    yep they did not have the special affects back then that we have now. I just assumed it did happen, but who knows.

What's up with the bold affects? It is special effects, not affects.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

I was making a bad joke sorry, someone had "Affects" I could have sworn.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Aside from playing catch-up with the Soviet space program, which had embarrassed the US with Sputnik:

Returning then to the question of why such a ruse would be perpetrated, we must transport ourselves back to the year 1969. Richard Nixon has just been inaugurated as our new president. His ascension to that position is in part due to his promises to the American people that he will disengage from the increasingly unpopular war in Vietnam.
    But Tricky Dick has a bit of a problem on his hands: he has absolutely no intention of ending the war. In fact, he would really, really like to escalate the conflict as much as possible. But to do so, he needs to set up a diversion, some means of stoking the patriotic fervor of the American people so that they will blindly rally behind him. In short, he needs to wag the dog.
    This has traditionally been done by, of course, embarking on some military endeavor. The problem for Big Dick is that a military mission is exactly what he is trying to divert attention away from. What, then, is a beleaguered president to do? Why, send Neil and Buzz to the moon, of course. Instead of wagging the dog, it's time to wag the moondoggie

Oh, thanks for the explanation. I never heard of this... I will have to research it further.
    Somebody blow Mel Gibson Already- Michael K

I believe that you guys landed on the moon but I am very sure that Yuri Gagarin was never in space.

And I'm not sure about the first chick on space, Valentina Teres-something, either.

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    What's up with the bold affects? It is special effects, not affects.
    It's referring to this post:
    Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    People who don't believe it are ignorant. They didn't have special affects back in 1969 to fake this stuff.

Can't people find disbelief in something else - like the fact that George Bush was actually president for two terms?
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by AllieCat View Post
    Oh, thanks for the explanation. I never heard of this... I will have to research it further.
    Just to clarify, that came from the link I posted on page one of this thread~ apollo

Hit By Ban Bus!

Moon landing tapes got erased, NASA admits - Yahoo! News UK

~~~

NASA Moon Landing Videos: The Mystery Deepens
    July 16, 10:21 PM

NASA's moon landing videos lost, found again. (AP Photo/NASA)How did NASA manage to lose the original high-quality videos of the first moon landing and all of the Apollo missions? The historic Apollo video tapes have recently been found again, according to news reports and a press release on the NASA website, and "15 key moments" were shown today for the first time at the Newseum in Washington, DC. Yet the new clips shown raise more questions than they answer.

Almost exactly 40 years ago, on July 20, 1969, NASA's first successful moon landing brought us those famous words from Apollo 11's Neil Armstrong, the first man to set foot on the moon, "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." A huge milestone in the history of mankind had been crossed.

Yet for all the importance of this amazing feat, somehow NASA claims that the original high-quality video tapes went missing. As revealed in a report by the Associated Press nearly two years ago:

NASA said Tuesday it was launching an official search for more than 13,000 original tapes of the historic Apollo moon missions. Everything from all 11 missions from launch to splashdown is on the videos. What's missing are the never-before-broadcast clear original videos, not the grainy converted pictures the world watched on television.

The tapes aren't lost, says the NASA official in charge of the search. But he doesn't know where they are. The original video, taken directly from the moon and beamed to deep space network observatories in Australia, has never been seen by the general public or even NASA officials.

How could NASA lose vital documentation from one of the most important events in human history? Wouldn't NASA scientists have been dying to poor over these high quality images and investigate every aspect of the lunar surface in the images? Yet according to this article, NASA officials never even saw the original footage. Why not? And why weren't these landmark videos made available to all interested back in 1969?

As mentioned above, NASA claims that the tapes were recently found. An intriguing report in the U.K.'s Daily Express on June 28th stated "The Sunday Express can now reveal that the missing tapes containing the original high quality images have been found." Yet strangely, a Google search reveals Fox News was the only other media outlet to report on this important finding. Yet NASA then later confirmed the finding with their July 13th press release stating some greatly improved moon landing videos would be released. Now comes the even more bizarre news today from this Reuters report:

The original recordings of the first humans landing on the moon 40 years ago were erased and re-used. They were part of a batch of 200,000 tapes that were degaussed – magnetically erased – and re-used to save money. But newly restored copies of the original broadcast look even better. NASA released the first glimpses of a complete digital make-over of the original landing footage that clarifies the blurry and grainy images of Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin walking on the surface of the moon.

The full set of recordings, being cleaned up by Burbank, California-based Lowry Digital, will be released in September. Lowry, best known for restoring old Hollywood films, has been digitizing these along with some other bits and pieces to make a new rendering of the original landing. The preview is available at www.nasa.gov.

What's going on here? NASA loses the tapes of one of the most important landmark events in human history. Then they find them, but parts have been erased to save money. And now Hollywood is being paid to restore the videos. How could anyone allow these historic tapes to be erased to save money? How could they even have been lost in the first place? I don't doubt that the Apollo missions went to the moon, but there does appear to be some kind of cover-up and manipulation going on here.

Hundreds of military and government witnesses have gone on record claiming a major cover-up around UFOs. Among them are a former chief of the CIA, the former chiefs of defense of the UK and Canada, and two NASA astronauts, including Edgar Mitchell, the sixth man to walk on the moon. Could the moon landing video tapes have contained some images with UFOs or other images that they didn't want the public to see?

The box immediately below provides several ideas on what you can do to educate yourself about all this. We also invite you to comment below and let us know what you think. What's going on with NASA and the disappearing moon landing tapes?

NASA Moon Landing Videos: The Mystery Deepens

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post

What's going on here? NASA loses the tapes of one of the most important landmark events in human history. Then they find them, but parts have been erased to save money. And now Hollywood is being paid to restore the videos. How could anyone allow these historic tapes to be erased to save money? How could they even have been lost in the first place? I don't doubt that the Apollo missions went to the moon, but there does appear to be some kind of cover-up and manipulation going on here.
    Now that is really hinky.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    OMG - and I'm the dork who misspelled it. Someone shoot me now. I am going to blame it on the lack of caffeine as I didn't have any coffee that day. Yeah, yeah, that's it...
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

That entire story about the NASA tapes is craaaaaaazy. Not one part of it makes sense. Scientists would NEVER be so careless with that information, unless there was something else going on in the mix.

Buzz Aldrin Punches Moon Landing Conspiracy Theorist In The Face (VIDEO)
    Nicholas Graham
    First Posted: 07-20-09 09:04 PM | Updated: 07-20-09 10:08 PM

CNN interviewed the hosts of the show "Mythbusters" about the conspiracy theorists who believe the Apollo Moon landing was faked, and the their extensive efforts debunking the claims of the Moon landing deniers.

However, buried towards the end of the interview is a gem of video of Buzz Aldrin, famously one of the first astronauts to walk on the Moon, being confronted by one of these moon landing skeptics several years ago. The man angrily calls Aldrin a "coward" and a "liar." Aldrin tells the man to get away from him, and when he refuses, Aldrin promptly punches him in the face.

The conspiracy theorist tried to sue Aldrin but the judge threw out the case.

WATCH:
    Buzz Aldrin Punches Moon Landing Conspiracy Theorist In The Face (VIDEO)

Hey, when you walk up on somebody and start shouting insults at them you're bound to get clocked.

Elite Member

Default re

Well, I just love Mythbusters anyway, but I love them even more after that. And Buzz, too.

Our government has lied to us in the past, but all the principals in the lunar landing (astronauts, engineers, etc.) would have to be liars, too, and I'm not buying that.

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    Well, I just love Mythbusters anyway, but I love them even more after that. And Buzz, too.

Our government has lied to us in the past, but all the principals in the lunar landing (astronauts, engineers, etc.) would have to be liars, too, and I'm not buying that.
    Yea that Mythbusters last nite was supreme.

They just about smashed every conspiracy nut licker's theories, as Tori said, In YO FACE!

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    That entire story about the NASA tapes is craaaaaaazy. Not one part of it makes sense. Scientists would NEVER be so careless with that information, unless there was something else going on in the mix.
    Having worked for a Govt dept, no scientist probably wouldn't be, but cost-cutting measures from the administration would take precidence.... maybe they just kept the "most important" bits?
    Free Charmed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information