Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Conspiracy Theory: Did We Land on the Moon?

Why not just request the papers under the freedom of information act? And have done with it? Ditto Area 51.
    Free Charmed.

They would be all blacked out anyway, so that would be pointless.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Wahoo! that passive-agressive-defeatest approach! Now why didn't I think of that?
    Free Charmed.

Uh, ok then.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Meh, I believe we were there.....

But I know a lot of people who don't think so. To each their own.

yep they did not have the special affects back then that we have now. I just assumed it did happen, but who knows.

I could care less if we landed on the moon or not. Let me know when we land on a planet that inhabitable.

Don't they need to find one first?
    Free Charmed.

I love the 'we never landed on the moon' theory, despite the fact that we keep spending billions of dollars sending astronauts & satellites into space.

What motive would the government have to fake a moon landing? I know its most likely money, but from whom/ why??
    Somebody blow Mel Gibson Already- Michael K

Several years ago, I had the privilege of speaking to one of the controllers who communicated and monitored the command module of the Apollo 11 in 1969. I asked his opinion of the conspiracy theory. He replied that he monitored the astronaut's breathing apparatus every minute during the moon landing and said that the conspiracy theorists never bothered to interview the many controllers (many of who are still alive) who were involved in every step of the moon landing. There are many controllers and engineers who were intimately involved in the moon landing who would gladly provide plenty of evidence to anyone doubting the moon landing.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by AllieCat View Post
    What motive would the government have to fake a moon landing? I know its most likely money, but from whom/ why??
    Aside from playing catch-up with the Soviet space program, which had embarrassed the US with Sputnik:

Returning then to the question of why such a ruse would be perpetrated, we must transport ourselves back to the year 1969. Richard Nixon has just been inaugurated as our new president. His ascension to that position is in part due to his promises to the American people that he will disengage from the increasingly unpopular war in Vietnam.
    But Tricky Dick has a bit of a problem on his hands: he has absolutely no intention of ending the war. In fact, he would really, really like to escalate the conflict as much as possible. But to do so, he needs to set up a diversion, some means of stoking the patriotic fervor of the American people so that they will blindly rally behind him. In short, he needs to wag the dog.
    This has traditionally been done by, of course, embarking on some military endeavor. The problem for Big Dick is that a military mission is exactly what he is trying to divert attention away from. What, then, is a beleaguered president to do? Why, send Neil and Buzz to the moon, of course. Instead of wagging the dog, it's time to wag the moondoggie

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Up to 20% of Americans are whack jobs.
    LOL my roommate is one of them and my brother has made it his life goal to convince him otherwise! Also Mythbusters did a special on this last summer, from their experiments they proved we did!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy View Post
    Several years ago, I had the privilege of speaking to one of the controllers who communicated and monitored the command module of the Apollo 11 in 1969. I asked his opinion of the conspiracy theory. He replied that he monitored the astronaut's breathing apparatus every minute during the moon landing and said that the conspiracy theorists never bothered to interview the many controllers (many of who are still alive) who were involved in every step of the moon landing. There are many controllers and engineers who were intimately involved in the moon landing who would gladly provide plenty of evidence to anyone doubting the moon landing.
    That is so cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

yep they did not have the special affects back then that we have now.
    The effects were quite affected if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    People who don't believe it are ignorant. They didn't have special affects back in 1969 to fake this stuff.

Can't people find disbelief in something else - like the fact that George Bush was actually president for two terms?
    I wouldn't say ignorant.....watch the Discovery Channel, they will explain how they didn't have special effects, and why the shadows and all don't add up.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information