Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Like Tree257Likes

Thread: Commercials you hate

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post

The one I hate is the one that makes my curl my toes.! its the commercial where there is a little green animated fungus thing and he hits the top of a toenail, opening it up like the hood of a car. Then you see more little green fungus dance around having a party. Its a commercial for toe nail fungus remover. I don't remember the name.

I hate Valtrex commercial too. "I still have herpes" the man says. Then the camera pans over to a woman, she says "And, I still don't"
    I hate all those Goddamned ones too! I hate all those late night infomercials about weight loss. Who could fall for that? Also, those get rich quick and overnight wealth ones. Ppl really fall for those??

Also those stupid text message and ring tones ones. You know they just prey on teens who are too ignorant to realize how much those cost!!

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    The Pepto Bismal commercials...especially the one with the crappy ass special effects of monsters and crap...

"Nausea, heartburn, indigetsion...upset stomach, Diarrhea!"

Drives me up a wall.

It reminds me of Japanese type film. That one makes me laugh becasue the song is so silly. I would embaressed to sing that song as a gig. "Guess what honey, I got a cool voice over job singing about diarrhea!"
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    The one I hate is the one that makes my curl my toes.! its the commercial where there is a little green animated fungus thing and he hits the top of a toenail, opening it up like the hood of a car. Then you see more little green fungus dance around having a party. Its a commercial for toe nail fungus remover. I don't remember the name.
    That one makes me weak cause you know its got to hurt. Ouch!
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AKAMissy View Post
    I also hate those Enzyte, natural male enhancement commercials. It has the husband, Bob and his wife who is all smiles. And they show the commercial two, three times in a row. Ugh, please no more.
    Did you know that they have a 'gay' version of that commercial run on the gay channel Logo? Makes me laugh every time I see Bob's femme-male partner swooning while passing the h'ordrves around the pool. I guess they think that it's not enough to just make the straight male audience doubt the adequency of their penis size, now they have to tap into the long ignored gay market too.

I FUCKING Hate alll the text message commercials like " to get a picture of this hot girl (Skank) on your phone text blah blah blah" FUCK!! or like the ones where there like "text flirt to meet sexay girls" its just so....goddamnnnnnn annoying!

Did anyone hear about how the're making a show with the Geico caveman??? I'll run back and post the article, haha

Variety.com - ABC developing 'Cavemen'

Winner for most unusual piece of development this pilot season goes to ABC, which has turned a series of quirky Geico commercials into an actual half-hour comedy project.

"Cavemen" will revolve around three pre-historic men who must battle prejudice as they attempt to live as normal thirtysomethings in modern Atlanta.
    Project, from ABC TV Studio, is penned by Joe Lawson, an advertising copywriter who was behind the "Caveman" ads -- as well as other Geico commercials (think the cockney-speaking Geico gecko, and the reality TV spoof "Tiny House").
    Daniel Rappaport, Guymon Cassady, Will Speck and Josh Gordon are exec producers. Speck and Gordon, commercial directors who recently helmed the Will Farrell feature "Blades of Glory," are on board to also direct.
    The single-camera laffer pilot is based on the Geico ads that promote the insurance company's Web site as so user-friendly that even "a caveman could do it." The spots follow cavemen in modern settings, reacting with offense to the derogatory slogan. In one, a Geico spokesman apologizes and takes the Neanderthals out to dinner.
    Other blurbs include the sensitive, modern cavemen peeved at the offending slogan while encountering Geico ads in everyday life, including the airport.
    The caveman commercials were created through the Richmond, Va.-based Martin Agency. Jeff Daniel Phillips and Ben Weber play the cavemen in the Geico spots; no word if they'll make the transformation to the TV project.
    Few TV shows have come out of the commercial sphere; more frequently, TV characters live on in 30-second spots long after their shows are canceled (think "ALF"). But it's not without precedence: The 2002 CBS comedy "Baby Bob" revolved around a talking baby character that was first seen in a series of dot.com ads. After the Eye canceled "Baby Bob," the character returned to its commercial roots, spending time as a pitchman (pitchbaby?) for Quizno's Subs.
    Last edited by o0Amber0o; March 4th, 2007 at 10:40 AM. Reason: To add in article
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I can't help it but I love the cockney speaking Geico gecko! He sounds just like my friend's husband who just moved here, whom I adore (great bloke). I also confess I like the cavemen one, esp. the one where he puts his mother on speaker. It cracks me up every time. The psychologist is so.... stereotypical!

But a SHOW? hmmmm

I hate when they show commercials here for places that are hundreds of miles away, literally! There are commercials for Sonic and CiCi's pizza. When I looked it up there are none in Philadelphia or the surrounding area. No Sonics at all.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

My husband just asked me yesterday if we had a CiCi's somewhere close by cause they're running commercials here like they have money to burn. None in our area that I know of either. Same with Sonic.

Makes me wonder who is in charge of their advertising and what the point is of running the commercials in miscellaneous marketplaces where you don't have any stores.

we get ads for Sonics and there are none around here for miles!!!

We always get the Carls Jr commercials. I don't even think there is one in Canada but I want to try a Carls Jr burger so bad. They look delish.
    Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

Silver Member Green-eyed-hottie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuicyLucy View Post
    Joe Francis should start Gays Gone Wild instead of Girls Gone Wild, considering he's a raging homosexual. Everybody knows it.
    There is Guys gone wild...
    I hate Subway commercials "Less fat" "More meat" "less fat" "more meat"
    "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way"

Yes, but is there Gays Gone Wild?
    Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    OMG!!!!!!!! This thing fuuuureaks me out! The one where they open the shade and he's standing outside the window still gives me nightmares. Seriously. And the one where he's sitting in the bed. WTF?? I would drop-kick that plaster of paris head so hard and quick he wouldn't know what hit him. Then I'd beat it with a baseball bat till there was nothing left but dust.

Fuck that thing scares me.
    All of the Burger King commercials seem to have a bizarre sexual subcontext to them that is distinctly disturbing.

Does anyone remember their Submissive Chicken campaign?

How about Cock Rox?

The king is just creepy wherever he shows up but some of the other ones are just as weird. Sure doesn't make me want to eat their shitty food more.

I haven't looked up Cici's Pizza to find out if there's one near me b/c it doesn't look that appealing to me, but the Sonic commercials drive me nuts. There is one at literally every commercial and there isn't a Sonic within 100 miles of my town! I really want to know who's running marketing there, they waste a TON of money.

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information