Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243
Like Tree442Likes

Thread: Commercials you hate

I've mentioned it earlier in the thread, but it's so sick how many of the pharmaceutical ads are basically wealthy people with beachfront houses (why does everyone live on the beach???), riding their bikes, and walking their dogs, and living happily ever after no matter how serious the illness or the side effects of the medication. It's like the soap opera version of disease and I wouldn't mind if they were illegal the same way cigarette ads are illegal.

Kris, I hadn't even thought of how that affects kids. When I was growing up we used to pretend we were replacing someone's coffee with Folger's crystals...that was about as shady as it got. Kids do not need to be stressing or thinking about this crap.

And here's an old ass SNL skit that kind of merges the two themes...who knew?

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-l...crystals/n9212
    Brookie, OrangeSlice and KrisNine like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I hate the ziploc commercial where the dad is making glitter filled slime with a bunch of kids and the tagline says something about great parenting ; I'm pretty sure dad's not the one who's going to clean up all the glitter on the sofa, carpet, side table...

I also hate the Bounty commercials where essentially it's the kids fault mom/dad spilled their glass of whatever (in one a kid pokes his dad in the butt with a toy sword, in another, the kid has left his Lego's all over the floor and dad steps on one)...
    Brookie likes this.

i (thankfully) haven't seen it in a while but the blue dog food ad with the two karens trying to one-up each other about what they feed their dogs makes me want to throw things.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Speaking of cleaning up things, that commercial where the MAN of the house goes fishing and the wife comes in and finds him cleaning the fish on the counter and she has to clean it up. FFS, what asshole guts a fish on a kitchen counter with nothing put down on it first?

FFSx2, it's an ad for Clorox Wipes. RIP being able to find Clorox Wipes.

I mean, you can clean part of that fish outside. I've scaled salmon in my kitchen sink before (very dumb in retrospect) and I swear I looked like a mermaid after all was said and done.
    sprynkles likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243

Thread Information