Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435 LastLast
Like Tree257Likes

Thread: Commercials you hate

I hate any and all commercial advertising prescription medication. "Ask your doctor about......"

The drug companies trying to manipulate people so they will run to the doctor and demand that particular medication. I liked it better when people allowed doctors to decide which medication was best. You know, since they went to medical school for umpteen years and all.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    I hate any and all commercial advertising prescription medication. "Ask your doctor about......"

The drug companies trying to manipulate people so they will run to the doctor and demand that particular medication. I liked it better when people allowed doctors to decide which medication was best. You know, since they went to medical school for umpteen years and all.
    I agree, and I also hate that they constantly show those commercials on MeTV or any channel that shows old reruns of sitcoms. I get that they're trying to reach an aging demographic, but I seriously don't want to watch some goddamn depressing shit about disease and medicinal side effects in the middle of a What's Happening! marathon. I don't need my mindless sitcom buzz harshed by commercial gloom and doom. FFS.

Same goes for the life insurance commercials: "It's such a shame about Harold. I just hope for Maud's sake, he had life insurance to cover those funeral costs..." Makes me want to tear my hair out.
    Bluebonnet and JazzyGirl like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyGirl View Post
    I LOATHE the hormel pepperoni commercials with the one man band guy. Hormel peppa, peppa, pepperoni! (Runs screaming from the room)
    It's stupid. My son likes it because he watches the pepperoni at the bottom of the screen. He's one, so he probably thinks it's a segment on Thomas & Friends.
    dolem and JazzyGirl like this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I agree, and I also hate that they constantly show those commercials on MeTV or any channel that shows old reruns of sitcoms. I get that they're trying to reach an aging demographic, but I seriously don't want to watch some goddamn depressing shit about disease and medicinal side effects in the middle of a What's Happening! marathon. I don't need my mindless sitcom buzz harshed by commercial gloom and doom. FFS.

Same goes for the life insurance commercials: "It's such a shame about Harold. I just hope for Maud's sake, he had life insurance to cover those funeral costs..." Makes me want to tear my hair out.
    Your whole post had me ROTFL! I'm going to borrow your phrase "mindless sitcom buzz". And ITA about the life insurance commercials.
    Waterslide likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I hate the toilet paper commercial that goes on about the birds on the wallpaper and how they can't unsee what happens in the bathroom. How exactly is shit-shaming a consumer supposed to sell more tp?
    Trixie and Bluebonnet like this.

Silver Member

When it was announced that ads for prescription drugs were going on TV, I knew they would be worse than cigarette commercials and way more in your damn face. Hate them. And aren't they cheery? Look at all the shit that will happen to you! Yay, there's a drug for that!

Oh and the info mercials!!! OMG! I wake up at 4:00 in the morming and there is nothing on TV but how great the copper cookware is or how you are a criminal if you don't use that mineral makeup and that big gal shows how it covers her rosacea. That's great for her but come on! Stop acting like other foundation is the devil.

And don't get me started on the Cindy Crawford line of makeup and moisturizer. Geez! And I'm convinced that "French" doctor she "created' the beauty products with is just a good actor. But the latest one where she's driving in her SUV and one of her friends calls her to see when she'll be at the party to celebrate Cindy's 50th birthday and then next scene, she's at the "French doctor's" office going "How am I holding up?" as she throws her head back with her nose in the air.

One more snotty little, "We drink it." What a couple of assholes.

"Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I also want to stab this guy with a sharpened #2 right through his fake glasses.

Bluebonnet likes this.

I hate this IBS medicine commercial with that Kathy Griffin-looking imp harrassing the woman.

Trixie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    I also want to stab this guy with a sharpened #2 right through his fake glasses.

Thanks for posting this one. It's been driving me nuts. I don't understand the last 10 seconds of this spot. What are they saying? Don't even bother calling if you don't have insurance?

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Thanks for posting this one. It's been driving me nuts. I don't understand the last 10 seconds of this spot. What are they saying? Don't even bother calling if you don't have insurance?
    Basically. They just outed themselves as a cashgrab scheme. If you family really loved you, "I wish my family had insurance. I could have gotten the best help available", they'd connect you to one of these places that will milk you and your insurance clean. I think that's the part that really pisses me off. That, and the fact that he's wearing glasses but not looking through them.
    sprynkles and Bluebonnet like this.

It's just a terribly made spot. Another bothersome part is the "docktor" keeps saying we, but he is never identified in anyway. Who is he to be speaking for The Addiction Network?
    OrangeSlice likes this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Don't you know you're qualified to speak about anything if you have a stethoscope around your neck?

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    Don't you know you're qualified to speak about anything if you have a stethoscope around your neck?
    OrangeSlice and sprynkles like this.

Thread Information