Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree442Likes

Thread: Commercials you hate

So the VIPoo thing is real then? I also hate the Senekot commercial. I couldn't decide if she was TMI-ing the guy or if he should already know, but either way...why the fuck does he think she bought it?

I don't think this one has already been posted.

When I first saw it, I thought it was some kind of satire or one of those SNL commercials. I love how they have Jennifer bonding with some neglected little rich boy with a speech impediment (see, she DOES like kids!) and she's just soooo chill letting his obviously oh so tortured mom stay in that little private 1st class pod because she's clearly run ragged. Beyond that, there's something really creepy about the whole thing, like "carrot juice" (pronounced "cawwot") is rich person speak for "Kool-Aid", or we're going to find out L Ron Hubbard's skeleton is the plane's captain.

But that kid's voice (I think he said his name is "Coopah") really pushed me over the edge. "When I'm a piwot, you'll be able to fwy awound the wood even fastah!"
    holly, darksithbunny and BITTER like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Isn't it Sene-coot? lol
    And how many people are really flying Emirates? I guess a lot of people are going to Dubai? After Samantha got in trouble for kissing on the beach?
    Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Has anyone seen the V.I.Poo commercial by Airwick? I can't figure out if it's real because I've only seen it once. But it's a spray that "prevents" stinky poo smell. Longest 60 seconds of my life. I guess I'm a delicate flower because I was all pearl-clutchy and all "a product with POO in the name--never in my life!"

omg i hate that v i POO commercial. when she talks about "pounding the porcelain" I'm just sitting there thinking "DAFUQ"!
    Also, I have some real hate ons lately for perfume commercials. Charlize Theron, Julia Roberts, Kiera whatsherfucking face.. and natalie portman too? I wouldn't waste a wooden fucking nickel on that shit. It's like pefume commercials are the summer's eve commercials of 1984.

Howevs, let me say that I love the State Farm Commercials (with Juno's dad?). All those crazy things insurance covers. And the other one with all the "we know for every moment like this, there's one like THIS..." I love the suede couch and the thief w/ the crowbar who's all like "I just saw it and was like "Gotta have it"". Those fuckers crack me up....
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    They've been showing that annoying "If You Only Had A Brain" Phoenix University commercial again.
    I heard it a couple of days ago and thought, oh no!
    BITTER likes this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Isn't it Sene-coot? lol
    And how many people are really flying Emirates? I guess a lot of people are going to Dubai? After Samantha got in trouble for kissing on the beach?
    LOL about Samantha! I also for some reason associate Dubai with The Beckhams. I don't know anyone presently who flies Emirates, and maybe if I had a chance to fly in that crazy nice plane for free, I wouldn't turn it down, but I did realize the premise of the commercial reminds me of the "Arcadia" episode of The X-Files. It's just creepy.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    I heard it a couple of days ago and thought, oh no!
    It's that singer's voice with the vocal fry in it. It's annoying.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

I hate the Sonic commercials with those two guys sitting in the car.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    I hate the Sonic commercials with those two guys sitting in the car.
    "Hey, you guys wanna hang out sometime?"
    Ugh!
    Bluebonnet and BITTER like this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

This isn't really a commercial I hate, but a product name I hate in a commercial. Taltz. Taltz is the name of a prescription drug for psoriasis. Everytime they say the word Taltz I just cringe. To me Taltz sounds like the affliction, not the help. Taltz! *shivers*

Fran likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    They've been showing that annoying "If You Only Had A Brain" Phoenix University commercial again.
    It's to play on peoples' emotions....getting to the end of the year....people might be thinking "Another year has passed and what have I accomplished?"

Total manipulation.
    BITTER likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    It's to play on peoples' emotions....getting to the end of the year....people might be thinking "Another year has passed and what have I accomplished?"

Total manipulation.
    After my own negative adult education experience with Cabrini, I can totally see how they play on a person's insecurities; it's like what you said, "Another year has passed, yada, yada, yada...". All in the name of getting you (or the feds) to party with your money.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Bronze Member

"My Pillow" (I think that's how its captioned). that whinny voice and self promoting narrative!
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Papa John's Pizza commercials with Peyton CRANIUM Manning and JJ Watt...so annoying and corny.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulus2 View Post
    "My Pillow" (I think that's how its captioned). that whinny voice and self promoting narrative!
    "For the best night's sleep in the whole wide world, it's MY PILLOW.com"
    JazzyGirl likes this.

I LOATHE the hormel pepperoni commercials with the one man band guy. Hormel peppa, peppa, pepperoni! (Runs screaming from the room)
    Bluebonnet and OrangeSlice like this.

Thread Information