Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
Like Tree257Likes

Thread: Commercials you hate

Hope no one minds the necro. I have a lot of hate for this commercial.

I want to take that song out in the street and shoot it.
    BITTER and Honeythorn like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Oh, Waterslide - thelightsthelightsthelightsthelights....I HATE these commercials!!!!!!!!!
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Urgh, it's just awful, isn't it?!
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Urgh, it's just awful, isn't it?!
    Yup. And it gets stuck in my head like OCD!!!
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I had to look it up and there's apparently whole story that goes with the band and the song (there always is, isn't there?).

Kmart Christmas Commercial and the Lights that Light the Lights

By Rassles On November 8, 2012 · 8 Comments · In 2012, Electronic

Song: Lights
    Artist: Grasscut
    Download it, son:

Kmart has been killin it with commercials this year, and this Kmart Christmas commercial is no exception. I mean, coupling Bogo with pogo has a kind of whimsical Spock Logic to it. Can’t believe we’ve never done that before.
    Readers Clay, Pat, Ariel, Drew, Marcus, and bunch of others requested this song all week – so thanks guys, andkeep them coming. Let’s spell it – the song is “Lights” by Grasscut. I’m going out on a limb and guessing thatGrasscut’s name is a pun on an old summer job. Musicians are totally a bunch of grasscutters.
    Apparently, Grasscut utilizes the Geocaching movement with their music, sending fans traipsing around England and Wales looking for boxes that you can find through clues in their latest album, UnEarth (get it? I knew there would be wicked puns going on) which basically sounds like the greatest idea I’ve ever heard in my life.
    Each song refers to a hidden box – you can find a list of the locations on the Grasscut website, but while you’re here: “Lights” references the Shell Grotto in Margate, Kent. Once you get there you’ll scout out the box yourself, but if you download “Lights” on iTunes you can listen to clues while sleuthing (rad). Nestled in each box is a Walkman and headphones that play a “shadow version” of the song, and if you Instagram yourself listening to the Walkman in the correct location, Grasscut will send you a signed copy of their “shadow album,” which sounds like a spookysupercool mystery. Get to it, British gumshoes.
    This version of “Lights” is called the “M25″ version and I have no idea what that means. After intense googling I narrowed it down to the first three entries on Google:
    1. M25 Sniper Rifle
    2. Messier 25, an open cluster of stars in Sagittarius constellation
    3. M25 Motorway encircling London
    I was so sure it was a reference to the motorway, and then I found out the M25 does not go through Kent (maps!), and now I’m all discombobulated. Whatevs. Check out the Kmart Christmas commercial below.
    The lights, the lights, the lights that light the lights

2012 Kmart Christmas Commercial and the Lights that Light the Lights

Pretentious assholes.

Oooohh!!! How have I not seen this thread before? I have so many irritating come rials that I can't stand. There's to many to remember at once but I hate those stupid geico commercials with that annoying lizard. He's so fucking irritating. There's also a car commercial where the people in the car are listening/singing along to Spandeau Ballet, and the driver stops the song to talk about how awesome the car is and everyone gets mad at him for that. Then the chick in the passenger seat turns the song back on and starts singing in his face. Omg she is so fucking annoying. I just want to punch her in the face. I can't watch that commercial because I'm afraid it'll ruin that song for me, and I fucking love Spandeau Ballet.
    Waterslide and sparkly like this.

I'm sick of that Wendy's commercial with the smarmy chick with the fake red hair.

I hate the Spandau Ballet lady, too. I have to look up the Wendy's commercial. I may have seen it, but I'm not sure....there are so many annoying commercials out there, it's hard to remember them all.

Seriously?! I don't need to explain this, do I?

Oh yes, the new Wendy's chick needs to go sit down somewhere. Even more annoying than Flo from the Progressive Insurance commercials.
    BITTER likes this.
    What Kind of Welfare, Witchcraft Hocus Pocus Hoedown is this?!

OMG, that Uroclub thing. Yeah, you guys don't look creepy standing over there. Not at all. Oh, and they should know women golf too, but isn't there something similar for women?
    hustle4alivin likes this.

All Auto Insurance commercials , I want that lizard dead and Flo needs to be thrown in a pit of spiders
    hustle4alivin likes this.

I have a soft spot for the Geico gecko. I don't know why, I think he's funny. Actually, Geico has really funny ones. However, I never understood why anyone liked Pam. I want to smack her every time I see her. The Allstate ones....they have their moments, but they are nowhere as good as Geico's ads used to be.

I know there's another one I'm leaving out, but I will say that posting the Education Connection videos was a good idea. I hated those commercials. Don't even get me started. It's like a college commercial for stupid people who don't really want to do the work required for going to a school, but don't want to be a waitress anymore. Yeah, I bet you weren't a good waitress either, I think maybe you're just a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    Oh yes, the new Wendy's chick needs to go sit down somewhere. Even more annoying than Flo from the Progressive Insurance commercials.
    I HATE Flo; I mainly hate her kabuki makeup and her hair bump.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

There is a really fucking radio spot for Washington Beef and Chili, the voice is so fucking affected I want to punch my radio.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

There is a commercial that aired this summer, and it was for a cell phone company. But I can't remember what company. I have been searching for it the last few days to post here. Maybe someone can help me out.

It was these people free falling out of a plane, and there was this annoying sound, a sort of repetitious tone that ran in the background. It just pierced my brain everytime I heard it and drove me insane!!! I had to leave the room or turn the channel. That shit could be used in tourture situations to get anyone to spill their fucking guts. Jesus...

Not sure if this link will work or not,...but it is the first version played on the clip, Meet Tony. Oh my God,...that ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ect., sound drives me nuts!!!

http://youtu.be/ljs79sC5pIo
    Last edited by JadeStar70; November 16th, 2012 at 05:48 PM.

Thread Information