Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cloverfield

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Blair Witch does Godzilla?

^^That's what I've heard. DAMMIT!!
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    Let us know if it's worth it. If it's 90 minutes of early Lost episodes ("mysterious" noises and "wind"/blurry or invisible crap followed by stuff moving and breaking) set in the city, I gotta pass.
    That's exactly what I was thinking! I totally want to see the movie, but I'm going to be so pissed if it ends up being a CGI polar bear or black cloud.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Just saw our local junket 'correspondent' do a piece on Cloverfield, Mad Money, & 27 Dresses. JJ Abrams described it as first-person view of Godzilla, YouTube view of Godzilla.

eek!

Whoa, this is the first movie I walked out of midway or so in 9 years. Not really because it was bad or anything, but because I got sick to my stomach.

A word of caution: anyone even remotely prone to motion sickness and going to see this movie, either take some dramamine or sit waaaay in the back.

I sat in my usual seat, in the front section of the theater, to avoid the usual movie going turds that kick your seat or put their foot on the back. As I watched the hand held camera jiggle and move all over the place within the first few minutes of the movie, I started to get dizzy and queasy. I closed my eyes and only watched the screen when it was relatively stable and focused. But whenever there was action onscreen, the camera work was so frantic that I kept getting queasy. I thought it was in my head but midway through the movie I had that familiar motion sickness feeling in my stomach and got up and left. I was still feeling sick so I said screw it and left. That sucked.

But you do see glimpses of the monster throughout the movie, pretty cool CGI I admit. Looked like some weird bat monster, nothing like godzilla. But I left when the protagonists met up with some military personnel in what looked like some store.

Big-budget Blair Witch? That's all I need to hear. Next!

^^

Aww, that's a bummer. Big budget Blair Witch will make me . I'll have to pass...I was looking forward to this one, too bad it sucked.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Eli

Well assuming the woman in your av is Odette Yustman (which it looks a lot like), you really will be sad missing this- coz she's in it!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Blair Witch does Godzilla?
    That's exactly what it is. It was so, so very bad. The handheld camera gave me a headache and my friend felt ill. Who greenlighted this lame movie? The monster was ridiculous. There was no real plot. The actors were terrible. I want a refund!!

Eli

Oh well, the fans will be happy. It's: Original! *qeueue laughter*

i saw a preview with the rats running down the street. that ended it for me.. ick
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

It took in $41 million over the weekend. Apparently a lot of people were sucked in by the cool previews.

Godzilla. Eh...no thanks. That's not worth 30 bucks for the family to go. I'll wait till it comes out on DVD. That only costs me a dollar or two.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Bronze Member

So basically, was this movie even more overrated than Titanic? Or should I say the Titanic of the 2000s? From what I'm reading here, apparently it's been way over-hyped.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Well assuming the woman in your av is Odette Yustman (which it looks a lot like), you really will be sad missing this- coz she's in it!
    Sorry Allie, not Odette. That's Megan Fox in my avatar.

Back OT.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

well, it was waaaaaay better than blair witch, imo. but, the handheld camera action was a little irritating to deal with...i would've enjoyed it more if i would've sat farther back in the theater. i liked the idea of the movie & i think it was executed pretty well for the type of movie that it was, but i'm just not sure whether i like this type of movie yet or not.

if i was rating it on netflix, i'd give it 3 stars, maybe 4.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information