Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charles Darwin film 'too controversial for religious America'

Quote Originally Posted by Soth View Post
    There is also the fact that reviewers walked out of press screenings, citing it as dull as dishwater, and the lack of any real chemistry between Paul Bettany and Jennifer Conolly.
    Aren't they married?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

So it's okay to have a bazillion movies about Christ, which may or may not be offensive to atheists, but it's not okay to have a movie about something that's scientifically proven?

Then why is it okay to have movies about Dinosaurs?

Because God created dinosaurs before he realised they sucked

I can't believe so few Americans believe in Darwin's theory, that's crazy !
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

According to people like those Duggars, dino's and humans lived peacefully together. You know, like the Flintstones. Oh and T-Rex was a vegetarian

QUOTE:

I can't believe so few Americans believe in Darwin's theory, that's crazy !

That stat has GOT to be wrong...39%....OMG OMG OMG...I don't think I know anyone who does not believe in evolution.

And not to get all philosophical, but isn't it more miraculous to believe that God(ess) created a world that evolves! It boggles the mind.

I don't think I have ever even read an explanation of why people don't believe in evolution...where do they think fossils come from? Too lazy to go research..I think it would make my head explode anyway.

Jazzy

quote C_is_for_Cookie]According to people like those Duggars, dino's and humans lived peacefully together. You know, like the Flintstones. Oh and T-Rex was a vegetarian.

Do people SERIOUSLY THINK THIS STRONGLY?!?!? I feel like I want to jump up and down like an idiot and scream..open you eyes people. Crap like this just IRRITATES THE LIVING SHINOLA OUTTA ME.

Where's the bar?

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Aren't they married?
    Yeah but Tommy Girl and Kidman were married and all kubrick could get out of them was that abortion Eyes wide Shut
    I'm using a lot of oxygen and such I think it's good use of oxygen myself, but of course, I'm a little prejudiced on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Soth View Post
    There is also the fact that reviewers walked out of press screenings, citing it as dull as dishwater, and the lack of any real chemistry between Paul Bettany and Jennifer Conolly.

So mr director who were these people that said it was one of the best movies they had seen this year?

I had really high hopes for this movie, but manufactured outrage is audience matipulation of the worst kind.

Didn't Jennifer Connelly play a similiar in A Beautiful Mind - in that - she was the scientist's wife..etc. I can't remember the full story line but anyway when I read she was in the Charles Darwin movie it remind me of A Beautiful Mind.

But....and get this arie......in this one..

Shes the religious one!

Fuck me if you couldnt see that one coming. Scripts of this calliber could be written by a child just on that pretence
    I'm using a lot of oxygen and such I think it's good use of oxygen myself, but of course, I'm a little prejudiced on the matter.

Elite Member

It's not a love story, it's a story about science. God, it's all so pathetic.

Could you imagine the pitch......Its like titanic, but...and get this we get to play with monkeys and kill God - this is so gonna headline with High school Musical XXVIII in the mid west, we can just market the funny monkey angle.

Ye haw

It would be a fine made for tv movie. For theaters though? It would bore the masses.

Period pieces don't tend to do very well in the US either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information