Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Celebrity Rehab 2

I haven't tried the patch because I wanted to be more in control of the amount of nicotine I am getting. some days I don't want to smoke much, so I don't want a dose of nicotine.

Quote Originally Posted by KandyKorn View Post
    Addictions don't go away...they just hide and rear their ugly head when you are weak. Unfortunately, 21 days is nothing because you fight the addiction the rest of your life, day by day. Not that I've been addicted to drugs but I can't count how many times I've quit smoking only to pick it up again. I'm only on day 5 of quitting again but I feel so good about it that I really believe this is THE time I can stick with it.
    It must be 10x as hard if you live in Hollywood and have temptation all around you.

Keep it up! Speaking from experience, I know how addictive cigarettes are and know how hard it is to quit. But it's so worth it on many levels. I had quit several times over the years - some times longer than others and kept going back eventually- and what finally did it for me was when an uncle was diagnosed with lung cancer. I smoked my last cigarette, got the patch and haven't looked back. It will be two years on January 3rd. I truly know that this time I won't start back. Sorry to rant, I just want everyone to know that if I can quit, anyone can.

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    I need to quit smoking also. it's not easy. I quit for a while years ago and the nicotine gum helped, so I think I'll give it another chance. You have to get in the right mindset to quit, but I'm just not there yet!
    Go Cold Turkey using the book, "Allen Carr's Easy Way to Quit Smoking". The book gives you the right mindset so by the time you finish reading it, you do not want to smoke anymore. I quit a somewhat heavy smoking habit without much resistance this book alone.

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    I need to quit smoking also. it's not easy. I quit for a while years ago and the nicotine gum helped, so I think I'll give it another chance. You have to get in the right mindset to quit, but I'm just not there yet!
    Go Cold Turkey using the book, "Allen Carr's Easy Way to Quit Smoking". The book gives you the right mindset so by the time you finish reading it, you do not want to smoke anymore. Best book ever. I quit a somewhat heavy smoking habit without much resistance from this book alone. I've been easily smoke free for years now. Smoking grosses me out now.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Good for you Kandy. How are you doing it? Cold turkey?
    I need to stop the ciggies.
    Thanks!! I'm using the Committ lozenges. It took me awhile to get used to the taste but they seem to help quite a bit. I haven't killed anyone yet so I think I'm doing OK
    My motivating factor in quitting was a blood clot in my leg. Scared the shit out of me. Nothing like a close call with Mr. Grim Reaper to open your eyes.
    I wish everybody the best in fighting whatever addiction is their poison. It's tough as hell but you can only do it minute by minute, day by day.
    Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement, they mean a lot to me. I will definitely be getting the book Qwerty mentioned.
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

Elite Member

Amber strikes me as the only one who truly wants help. Can you even imagine having a mother like hers? No wonder she's screwed up. I like Tawny, Rodney and Steve too.

Jeff has no desire to get well. He's just looking for sympathy and a soft place to lay his head.
    Last edited by Elisa; December 20th, 2008 at 04:31 PM.

Jeff and Vicki are disgusting!
    I think if anyone of them can make it, it will be Amber and Rodney!

Hey qwerty, I just ordered 2 copies of the book!! I'm excited to read it!

Back on topic: I hope Jeff doesn't come back for another season. He's wasting space for somebody who really wants help.
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

3 weeks does not seem nearly long enough for most of the addicts on the show...some of them were pretty far gone. It seems like most addicts would benefit a lot more from longer rehab before their turned out on their own.

yea when i saw it was 3 weeks i was shocked! that cant obviously care about their well being if theyre only lettign them stay for 3 weeks. thats such a cruel thing to do and it proves its all for a show, not their health.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalucy69 View Post
    3 weeks does not seem nearly long enough for most of the addicts on the show...some of them were pretty far gone. It seems like most addicts would benefit a lot more from longer rehab before their turned out on their own.
    I love this show, but it is really inaccurate in many ways that are beginning to irritate me.

First off, most rehabs don't let you lounge around in tiny shorts, bathing suits, etc. because of sex addictions, liabilities etc. People come in w/ all sorts of issues and the last thing they need is to be triggered.

Second, so many of the patients are so disrespectful to the staff and eachother. That would never fly in a normal rehab. You're knocked down to size pretty quickly and if you're pushing / shoving patients, slamming doors, cussing at staff, you'll be out on your ass with a quickness.

And on the length of stay: the 21-28 days is necessary because of their withdrawal. They need to be under doctor supervision during that critical period. After that time is up, most people are transferred to longer-term rehab centers and halfway houses with less medical treatment, where the emphasis is on therapy, meetings, behavior modification etc.

I think that's the purpose of this show: to show what its like in the initial, brutal phases of recovery when a person's life is at risk.

And, this show is inaccurate in that there is almost zero planning put into a post-recovery plan. That is a HUGE part of recovery and every treatment center worth its salt spends a lot of time putting together that plan for the patient. So I think the graduation shows are really mis-leading. Its rare for a person to complete their 3 weeks and then have no idea what is next, and to be spit back out into the real world. Especially not for these life-long addicts.

Thank you Cali. Great post. Hopefully there is
    after care going on that is not mentioned on the
    show. Three weeks still blows my mind.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

who else feels for Rodney? He seems like a kind soul, I hope he makes it. His daughters and girlfriend are so sweet, too!

I know. He seems like such a tender heart. And
    that made him even more gorgeous to me. He
    is a handsome man.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Rodney is by far my favorite on the show. He always seemed super nice, respectful, and just a sweet person. Maybe because he is a regular person and not just a celeb who thinks everyone should cater to him. I really hope that the love of his girlfriend and daughters helps him to stay sober.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread Information