Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Celebrity Fit Club 4

And explain to me exactly how she gained back so much weight after the gastic bypass shit?? HOW???? I was under the impression that she couldn't physically eat that much--like 4 oz or something. How the hell does this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    i kno! i love Bone Crusher's little wiegh ins where they show him playing w/ his big ass belly it cracks me up everytime! oh gawd here comes carnie's lying...

2lbs in a month!? gawd she's such a lying loser; i can lose 2lbs. in 1 dump @ the toilet!
    This made me lol.

I haven't really been keeping up with this season's celeb fit club, but I did catch an episode today, and if you guys are talking about the blonde haired lady who has hardly lost any weight, they hooked her up to a lie detector test on this episode.

I think you can guess how that ended up
    Walk the runway. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    And explain to me exactly how she gained back so much weight after the gastic bypass shit?? HOW???? I was under the impression that she couldn't physically eat that much--like 4 oz or something. How the hell does this happen?
    That's exactly what I thought when I saw her in the lineup. I was like WTF she was all over the media when she lost all the weight from the surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    I don't know anyone personally except a board member (she can out herself again)who has had the surgery but saw an interview w Roseanne where she described how she quickly learned to overeat after gastric bypass. She said you just eat every 15 minutes or so-as with most things, if there is a will there is a way.

I had gastric by pass 3.5 years ago. You can easily regain the weight. After about the 2 year mark your new stomach (pouch) has stretched to where you can eat about 8 ounces - a normal serving of food. That is just fine and is even a good thing so that you get the nutrients you need. The problem comes when you start eating from head hunger, not real hunger. The pouch empties from your meal and some people start eating again. Other graze and eat small amounts all day -all bad choices. This surgery is a great tool to help get the weight off. It is not a cure. If you don't do the head work and exercise you will gain weight. It is pretty hard to get back up to the original weight but some have done it. Carnie lost 150lbs and it looks like she gained 50 back. I lost almost 150 and work my butt off to make sure it doesn't come back. I refuse to go back after risking my life with surgery to get to this point.

ETA - I just watched a clip of the show and have to say Carnie still looks damn good when you realize where she was at 300 lbs. She should be able to drop the weight faster than the others though. The tool still works years after the facts of you follow the rules - protein first, complex carbs, lots of water, no drinking with meals and no snacking.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information