Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Breaking Bad

This gave me a chuckle....RIP Walter.

Breaking Bad' Fans Place Walter White Obit in Albuquerque Paper

11:18 AM PDT 10/4/2013 by Philiana Ng

Friday's edition of the local newspaper included a tribute to one of the city's beloved fictional characters.

A
    Breaking Bad fans are paying their respects to Walter WhiteMembers of the "Unofficial Breaking Bad Fan Tour" Facebook group -- which has 754 members -- took out ad space in the Oct. 4 issue of the Albuquerque Journal to place an obituary for the dearly departed character on the AMC drama, which wrapped its five-season run Sept. 29.

The obit, which includes a mug of actor Bryan Cranston, ran on page A4 of the Journal. According to JimRomenesko.com, the ad cost $166 with tax.

"A private memorial was held by his family," reads the obit. "In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to a drug abuse prevention charity of your choice. He will be greatly missed."
    "I’ve been a humongous Breaking Bad fan since the beginning," David Layman, a member of the Breaking Bad fan group, told the Journal in an interview. "I was actually in the pilot, and putting the obit in the paper was fitting, because the series was based in Albuquerque and it provides some of us some closure."

Breaking Bad, which was set and filmed in Albuquerque, closed out its run with a highly anticipated series finale that was seen by a monster 10.3 million viewers.
    Cranston won three Emmy Awards for his portrayal of White, while co-star Aaron Paulwon twice for his work as Jesse Pinkman and Anna Gunn took home an Emmy this year playing Skyler. The show won its first drama series Emmy last month.

'Breaking Bad': Walter White Obit Placed in Albuquerque Paper
    Alysheba and Clubber Lang like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Hit By Ban Bus!

meta!!

I thought this was pretty cool:

Anthony Hopkins binges 'Breaking Bad,' writes Bryan Cranston glowing letter - TODAY.com

Oscar winner Anthony Hopkins is no slouch in the acting department, but after binge-watching all six seasons of "Breaking Bad" recently, he couldn't resist writing a letter to star Bryan Cranston to tell him it was the best acting he had seen — ever.

The letter showed up Sunday on the Facebook page of actor Steven Michael Quezada, who played DEA agent Steve Gomez on the AMC hit. It was quickly picked up across the web, but on Monday the post, along with a tweet about it from Quezada, disappeared.

Arnold Robinson, a publicist for Hopkins, confirmed to TODAY on Monday that the letter was indeed real. And a source at United Talent Agency, which represents both Hopkins and Cranston, told TODAY that Hopkins wanted to write Cranston because he admired his work so much. Hopkins was complimentary of the entire cast, and the UTA source said Cranston shared it, not expecting the letter to go viral.

Hopkins writes that he was compelled to reach out after what he refers to as two weeks of "addictive" viewing.

"I have never watched anything like it. Brilliant!

Your performance as Walter White was the best acting I have seen — ever.

I know there is so much smoke blowing and sickening bull---- in this business, and I've sort of lost belief in anything really.

But this work of yours is spectacular — absolutely stunning. What is extraordinary, is the sheer power of everyone in the entire production. What was it? Five or six years in the making? How the producers (yourself being one of them), the writers, directors, cinematographers.... every department — casting etc. managed to keep the discipline and control from beginning to the end is (that over used word) awesome."

Hopkins is no stranger to portraying crafty monsters — he won his Academy Award for the role of Hannibal Lecter in 1991's "The Silence of the Lambs."

"Thank you," the 75-year-old actor writes. "That kind of work/artistry is rare, and when, once in a while, it occurs, as in this epic work, it restores confidence. You and all the cast are the best actors I've ever seen."

Cranston, 57, won three Emmys for his work as the high-school-teacher-turned-meth-kingpin Walter White. Last month he lost out to Jeff Daniels of HBO's "The Newsroom," but "Breaking Bad" won the Emmy for best drama series.
    MsChiff and Trixie like this.

Elite Member

Oh man, this show was the fucking best- the final episode was so good it even made up for Dexter's epic fail of a finale. And that obituary in the paper was pretty brilliant, too.

Breaking Bad, you will always be missed!!
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

I saw a clip of this on tv this morning, and went to look for it, but the youtube video has been removed already. Boooo!! Now I really want to buy the box set, but it's pretty pricey.

Bryan Cranston stars in 'Breaking Bad' alternate spoof ending with ‘Malcolm In The Middle’ twist

The actor appears in bed alongside his old co-star Jane Kaczmarek, believing he dreamt the five-season AMC drama.

Comments (10)BY DAVID HINCKLEY / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2013, 12:44 PM

MICHAEL DAVIES VIA YOUTUBE

A 'Breaking Bad' alternate ending clip appeared on YouTube over the weekend.

“Breaking Bad” may have been one of the darkest shows on television, but it seems determined to sprinkle a few rays of light into its legacy.

A goofy satiric “alternate ending,” posted on YouTube over the weekend and apparently ticketed for inclusion in an upcoming official DVD package, had already drawn more than 800,000 views as of Sunday morning.

In this version, “Breaking Bad” star Bryan Cranston wakes up in bed next to Jane Kaczmarek, who played his wife on the 2000-2006 sitcom “Malcolm in the Middle.”
    They have their “Malcolm” names, Hal and Lois. Hal tells Lois he had a terrible nightmare that he was a drug dealer who made bombs, killed people and cooked meth.

Bryan Cranston appears in bed with his old ‘Malcolm in the Middle’ co-star Jane Kaczmarek.

RELATED: 'BETTER CALL SAUL' COULD BE 'MIX OF PREQUEL AND SEQUEL'
    “I told you not to eat those deep-fried Twinkies,” says Lois. She also laughs at the notion he could cook anything.
    He tells her that in his dream he was married to a “tall beautiful blond.”

“Keep dreaming,” she says.

The reimagining of the end of the series involves a ‘Malcolm in the Middle’ twist. This ending is an apparent nod to the way 1980s sitcom ‘Newhart’ ended, with a reference back to his previous show, ‘The Bob Newhart Show.’

Hal acts agitated through most of the 3:40 video and Lois tries to calm him down.

RELATED: 'BREAKING BAD'-INSPIRED MOCK TOMBSTONE INSPIRES REAL CONTROVESY

“You grow a beard,” she says, “and suddenly you think you’re Osama bin Laden.”
    At the end, however, Hal starts to get a different look, like maybe he enjoyed this dream.

Walter White’s iconic Heisenberg hat also makes a cameo in the alternate ending.

He starts to make the same under-the-sheets sex move that his Walter White character made on Anna Gunn’s Skyler White in an early “Breaking Bad” scene.
    Kaczmarek tells him to cut it out, she’s trying to get some sleep.

RELATED: 'BREAKING BAD' FAN ANTHONY HOPKINS SENDS FAN LETTER TO BRYAN CRANSTON

He turns off the light and says, “Goodnight, Skyler,” as the camera pans to a chair next to the bed, where Walter White’s black Heisenberg hat is sitting.

It is expected to be part of the “Complete Breaking Bad” DVD package, which will go on sale Nov. 26.

The specific scene is a satire within a satire, because it borrows the ending of the classic Bob Newhart sitcom in which he wakes up next to his wife from his previous sitcom and she tells him the second one was all a dream.
    Using mobile? Click for video

Read more: Bryan Cranston stars in 'Breaking Bad' alternate spoof ending with ‘Malcolm In The Middle’ twistÂ* - NY Daily News
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Ha! That's pretty funny!

Elite Member

I just binge watched this series over the last 2 weeks and loved it. Can't wait to watch it again, slower this time.
    Alysheba likes this.

finally finished it and.... meh last episode was ok. no closure with jesse. no money and the feds will be looking for him cuz of marie and sky knows about him too. walt should have somehow cleared him of everything before his death. closing song was great.

Elite Member

I fucking LOVE Malcome in the Middle! I wish Hal was my dad.

Anyway the way they ended Breaking Bad was perfect, IMO. I love the final scenes with Walt's wife and son- incredibly sad but also did a great job of taking away from some of the glamorization of drug manufacturing/use/sales the show created throughout the series. Bottom line: You get in that deep you WILL lose everything that's important to you.
    Alysheba likes this.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

In Benedict Cumberbatch's Velvet Tuxedo, USA

Jesse is busy continuing his life in Need For Speed now. He's gotta do something. Lol
    Alysheba likes this.
    “You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.” - Tom Hiddleston

All articles from Breaking Bad blog »
    AMC Rings in the New Year With Back-to-BackThe Walking Dead and Breaking Bad Marathons

AMC has announced it will air two back-to-back marathons of its Emmy Award-winning original dramas Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead. A four-day Breaking Bad marathon, which kicks off at noon ET/PT each day from Fri., Dec. 27 through Mon., Dec. 30, will feature every episode from the series’ critically acclaimed five seasons, making AMC the only destination for cable subscribers to watch every Breaking Bad episode for free. On New Year’s Eve day, Dec. 31, at 9AM/8c, AMC will air a two-day marathon of The Walking Dead. Beginning with the pilot, episodes will air back-to-back in chronological order until 5AM/4c on Jan. 2, 2014.

From acclaimed writer, producer, director Vince Gilligan and produced by Sony Pictures Television, Breaking Bad follows the story of a desperate man who turns to a life of crime to secure his family’s financial future. The series capped its historic run on Sep. 29, delivering a series-record 10.3 million viewers, including 6.7 million adults 18-49.
    Breaking Bad has garnered ten Emmy Award wins – including the 2013 Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series – and a Peabody, and been named to the American Film Institute’s (AFI) list of the “Top 10 Programs of the Year” (2008, 2010, 2011, 2012). Heralded as “one of the greatest dramas in TV history,” (The Hollywood Reporter), Breaking Bad stars three-time Emmy Award-winner Bryan Cranston; two-time Emmy winner Aaron Paul; Emmy-winner Anna Gunn; Dean Norris; Betsy Brandt; RJ Mitte and Bob Odenkirk.
    The Walking Dead continues to be the #1 show on all of television among the coveted 18-49 demographic and remains the highest-rated series in the history of cable television. The first eight episodes of its fourth season delivered an average of 13 million viewers and 8.4 million adults 18-49.
    Based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics,The Walking Dead tells the story of the months that follow after a zombie apocalypse. The series Entertainment Weekly called the “greatest thriller ever produced for television” stars Andrew Lincoln, Steven Yeun, Norman Reedus, Chandler Riggs, Lauren Cohan, Danai Gurira, Emily Kinney, Chad L. Coleman, Sonequa Martin-Green and Lawrence Gilliard Jr. The Walking Dead is executive produced by showrunner Scott M. Gimple, Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, David Alpert, Emmy-winner Greg Nicotero and Tom Luse.
    The Walking Dead will return for the second half of its fourth season at 9/8c on Sun., Feb. 9, followed by a new episode of Talking Dead at 10/9c.

PoisonGirl likes this.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread Information