Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Breaking Bad

What if Lydia's "employers" were the Gray Matter people?
    Alysheba and politesse like this.
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

^ Ha, I'd like a twist like that.

I don't mind Marie, she grew on me. Hank was my favourite character though.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Being right doesn't make you likeable. It's all in the delivery. And yeah they did a good job of making the characters multi-faceted, she had her good moments. But her controlling, hyper-critical and hypocritical behavior trumps all that for me. She's not happy unless she's controlling everything everybody's doing and people like that, I don't care if it's Mother Theresa, that's a major flaw that trumps everything. They get the ricin.
    The final nail in my Marie coffin of hate was when she forced Skyler into confronting Flynn and telling him everything about his father at that exact moment. In the office of the car wash or she was going to do it. She had no right to do that. Even if Flynn needed to know, it wasn't up to Marie.
    Alysheba and A*O like this.

Exactly. That's what I mean about the controlling thing. You don't force people's hand to do the "right thing" by threatening to tell the kids yourself or FFS, she was even going to *take* the kids and split up the already fragmented family. It's not her place. She's all about inflicting her morality and righteousness on others, the closet klepto.
    Alysheba likes this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by emkat View Post
    What if Lydia's "employers" were the Gray Matter people?
    That would be so freaking twisted! I love your idea maybe Gray Matter isn't doing so great these days and found "alternative" markets. They would definitely have access overseas. Maybe there is a connection between Gray Matter and Madrigal.

Sure would explain all the charity they are suddenly sponsoring.

Flynn was going to find out one way or the other. Don't you think it would be better to be told by his mom than finding out online or on the news? I mean the way Marie went at it might not have been the best way, but Skyler wasn't planning on telling him out of her own.
    olivia likes this.

Elite Member

^^ Exactly. Skyler wasn't going to say a word. Walt would have invented another fantastical story and used Flynn's love for him to manipulate the guy. How often has Flynn demanded the truth and neither mother nor father has been honest with him? The whole family pathology was based on keeping Flynn ignorant. I'm not saying Marie's doesn't have boundary issues and isn't neurotic as hell, but I all I felt was relief when Flynn was finally treated like something other than an infant.

Marie is Breaking Bad's Casandra.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

A*O

It's true that parents of disabled kids do tend to be over-protective and Flynn is certainly very naive to the point of being irritating.

I just ran the Madrigal/Grey Matter scenario via my in-house BB expert aka my son and he wasn't entirely dismissive which is a "win" in itself. I think Jesse will lure the nazis into the lab and then blow it up. Todd will be on a date with Lydia and they will sail off to make meth millions together. Walter will kill the Grey Matter assholes with his shotty and then take the ricin himself before the cancer gets him anyway. Skyler and Marie will go into witness protection with the kids. Not sure what will happen to all the money.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

^^^That quote in your sig is the best quote I've ever read. And so fuckin true. I didn't know Betty White had it in her. I'm remembering that one.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    It's true that parents of disabled kids do tend to be over-protective and Flynn is certainly very naive to the point of being irritating.

I just ran the Madrigal/Grey Matter scenario via my in-house BB expert aka my son and he wasn't entirely dismissive which is a "win" in itself. I think Jesse will lure the nazis into the lab and then blow it up. Todd will be on a date with Lydia and they will sail off to make meth millions together. Walter will kill the Grey Matter assholes with his shotty and then take the ricin himself before the cancer gets him anyway. Skyler and Marie will go into witness protection with the kids. Not sure what will happen to all the money.
    Let me guess, they go to Argentina via Washington State!

I have to think that of course Skyler was going to tell him. They're all thinking Walt is in jail. It was only a matter of hours before he would have found out. Skyler would have no choice but to tell him. I thought that Marie needed to be in control and be the boss of the situation. Like, she was right all along and now she was was going to run the show.

I'm a little too invested in how I feel about her!! Damn.

Elite Member

Hell, so am I Kris. Which is what makes it so much fun arguing with folks about her.
    KrisNine likes this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

I love this scene between Walt & Gretchen, anyone else remember it?

My husband also thinks the ricin is for Walt himself. And that Jesse will be the lone survivor of all this.

I don't think Jesse will do anything close to killing the nazis. He'll be focused on doing whatever it takes to protect Brock.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I think Walt may end up saving Jesse simply by going after the nazi methheads.

Thread Information