Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Bloopers and unexplained things on TV shows

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Gossip Girl:
    They're in high school but they constantly drink alcohol without any problems at bars, hotels, resorts, etc.

In one scene, Nate and Chuck are walking in Central Park and Nate is openly smoking a joint.

A lot of times, I think their behavior is kind of unrealistic for high schoolers, and that the writerse actually forget these kids are supposed to be in high school (probably because the actors are in their 20s). If it were about college kids, they'd be hitting the nail right on the head, but most of the scenarios are a little over the top for a bunch of 16 year olds.

I'd like to see an episode where one of them gets an MIP.
    Being in bars, drinking, etc isn't uncommon for a NYC teen. It's not that hard to get into bars/clubs in Manhattan, especially the rich kids. Read up about kids that go to Spence, Riverdale, Horace Mann, etc. and some of the shit they get up to on the weekends.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^There was a Vanity Fair piece about that very thing a few years ago. In fact, and I might be mistaken so don't hold me to it, I think one of the teens featured in the article was Paris Hilton and that is why she started getting so much attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    Being in bars, drinking, etc isn't uncommon for a NYC teen. It's not that hard to get into bars/clubs in Manhattan, especially the rich kids. Read up about kids that go to Spence, Riverdale, Horace Mann, etc. and some of the shit they get up to on the weekends.
    I'll vouch for that. I was getting into bars and clubs from the age of 15. Never had trouble.

I've also openly smoked joints in the street on occasion. I did once get a ticket for it.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Gossip Girl:
    They're in high school but they constantly drink alcohol without any problems at bars, hotels, resorts, etc.

In one scene, Nate and Chuck are walking in Central Park and Nate is openly smoking a joint.

A lot of times, I think their behavior is kind of unrealistic for high schoolers, and that the writerse actually forget these kids are supposed to be in high school (probably because the actors are in their 20s). If it were about college kids, they'd be hitting the nail right on the head, but most of the scenarios are a little over the top for a bunch of 16 year olds.

I'd like to see an episode where one of them gets an MIP.

I went to a private school in Toronto and we got into any clubs we wanted...we also could give police tickets to the principal's secretary and they'd get written off...

so I can only imagine what the kids at NYC schools can do considering it's 100x more wealthy and prestigious.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Or when that new girl played Becky on Roseanne.

Hated that.

At least they made fun of it. Whatever happened to the original Becky, did she die?
    I hated that too!! It was really funny when they made fun of it.

Isn't the old Becky reading fortunes or tarot cards in the back of a bar or something? I thought this forum had a pic. of her smoking and reading cards or something (I think).
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

old becky was a trollop, new beck was a sweetheart

i thought that was funny how their characters and personalities completely changed when they changed and then the bitch came back! and then she left again

I couldn't stand old Becky! And after she left for a while, she came back! I was so pissed. But a short time later she left again

On Roseanne, when they first introduced the
    David character, his name was Kevin. Why
    change it?
    One the Cosby pilot they said they had 4 kids,
    soon after they changed it to 5.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

^Pilots almost always get changed

Still bugs me

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

BUMP NECRO

Found these hilarious bloopers of the late John Ritter on 8 Simple Rules. Crazy to think he's been gone for 12 years already.

Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Awww!! I was around for Three's Company, but I always felt Ritter overacted (eh - the times, the type of show), but there was always something about him. I only saw a few episodes of 8 Simple Rules but really enjoyed him in it. He's even better in the bloopers and it makes me sad for his family and friends that he is gone!

Also Kaley has not aged all that much!

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Thanks for the bump - Mel's zinger at FF early on just made me snort out loud.

Two things that endlessly annoy me is when a character has supposedly had THE MOST torrid, mind blowing, bed wrecking sex of her entire life and she collapses back onto the mattress with her bra not only still on but not even slightly out of place. The second is how easily they can wrap themselves in a bed sheet and stride confidently away - I have a fucking all out wrestling match to haul the sheets off the bed for going in the laundry and if I tried to do the whole seductive-sheet-wrapping-and-exit thing I'd probably get two steps, have to stop to yank furiously to free it and then be catapulted into a wall when it came free.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Two things that endlessly annoy me is when a character has supposedly had THE MOST torrid, mind blowing, bed wrecking sex of her entire life and she collapses back onto the mattress with her bra not only still on but not even slightly out of place. The second is how easily they can wrap themselves in a bed sheet and stride confidently away - I have a fucking all out wrestling match to haul the sheets off the bed for going in the laundry and if I tried to do the whole seductive-sheet-wrapping-and-exit thing I'd probably get two steps, have to stop to yank furiously to free it and then be catapulted into a wall when it came free.
    Thank you!!! [long-term pet peeve of mine..]

ETA - regarding John Ritter. I always liked him, but his performance in Sling Blade was a revelation. Serious role and extremely well done.
    Kittylady likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Thanks for the bump - Mel's zinger at FF early on just made me snort out loud.
    That cracked me up too, especially since I was getting so annoyed with FF and 90210. JFC.
    Kittylady likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information