Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Bloopers and unexplained things on TV shows

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    L&O:SVU when Hargitay was pregnant was a hoot. As if no one noticed her face was twice it's normal size!

The only time I did not notice a pregnancy was Healther Locklears on Melrose Place

In Sex and the City when SJP no longer smokes cigarettes--if u watch the first season again the cigs are such a huge part of her character, almost in an overly accentuated way. Thru the seasons they play around with her trying to quit and she always ends up ripping the patch off and lighting a cig up. Then one day, poof, no cigs.

S&C ctd
    In the first season none of the women are New York fashion plates and by the second season they are all fashionistas esp SJP even thou her first season was spent in black trenchcoats. They literally transform from Banana Republic circa 1997 to Haute Couture without mention

King of Queens
    Leah Remini literally puts on 80lbs and not a mention.

Baywatch
    When they do rescues but are clearly filming them in a lake or pool. The under water footage is always in a pool—who knew the ocean had chlorinated water? And when theyre at the surface there are literally no waves (clearly a lake).

I think its funny when they do food scenes and the actresses wont even take a bite. The actors will chew on a few fries at the peach pit, or take a bite of whatever crew food theyre using, but Kelly will hold a French fry up to her mouth and start to take a bite then stop before it enters her mouth to say a line. Or Tori Spelling will play with a piece of pizza with her fingers and not take a bite. Or my fave: holding the fork up to the mouth with food on it and not eating it. Its sooo obvious.

I also think its funny that Kelly, whos mom was a huge cocaine feind, is HORRIFIED that valarie is smoking a doobie. Like who is that HORRIFIED that a 20 year old chick in college takes a toke here and there. Its weed not crack. And even if shes anti, you don’t become HORRIFIIED by it.

Also, Kelly goes on coke binge for an entire season and doesn’t lose a pound. It would’ve been nice for effect.

There's at least one epi of King of Queens that I recall where Carrie's weight is addressed. Doug was concerned about her getting fat so he had Lou Ferrigno become her personal trainer.

Soaps drive me crazy the way they constantly change the ages of the kids. When the kids are actually around, that is. Seen and not heard seems to be the motto of the town of Salem.
    Though I don't think we can include soaps when talking about unexplained events, especially with Passions & DOOL - a closet to hell and twins from outer space.

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    I gave up on soaps after that whole two Roman Brady/John mess. Wtf?

Then, there was Eric Brady. I am going way back here, but I am pretty sure that Eric Brady was born in the late 80s, but in the late 90s, he is fully grown?
    That was true for all those damn kids on Days.

Belle Black went from a fucking toddler to a teenager in the course of one week.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    There's at least one epi of King of Queens that I recall where Carrie's weight is addressed. Doug was concerned about her getting fat so he had Lou Ferrigno become her personal trainer.

I thought that episode thou was based on Doug seeing a picture of Carrie's mother, who was overweight, and him being concerned shed GET fat in the future like her mom as opposed to him thinking she was already heavy.

David Silver is supposed to be from an uber wealthy family yet his father is a family dentist, I didnt think that really fit the bill of mansions and the endless cash flow rich kid lifestyle.

David Silver has a long standing crush on Kelly. When theyre seniors in highschool his father marries her mother and whenever anyone speaks of kelly being attractive from that point on he acts "grossed out" and goes "ugh thats my SISTERRR youre talking about"--a little too contrived for me as if the crush just goes out the window and he only sees her platonically

The woman who plays Kelly's mom, Jackie, looks WAY too old to have a baby/toddler as the show progresses. She always looks like the grandma. I swear she was probably 45 when she supposedly got accidentally pregnant with Erin. BS

Vanessa Marcil is always wearing lifts, even her tennis shoes have them in the show if u watch carefully
    Last edited by Femmefatale; July 9th, 2007 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Femmefatale View Post
    I thought that episode thou was based on Doug seeing a picture of Carrie's mother, who was overweight, and him being concerned shed GET fat in the future like her mom as opposed to him thinking she was already heavy.
    You're right, the episode is about him preventing her from getting fat, but she's still skinny in that episode. It's a lot later that she becomes pregnant, gets really fat, and they just ignored it on the show. I still love that show though!

^^^ oh I LOVE King of Queens, it was an excellent show

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post

Soaps drive me crazy the way they constantly change the ages of the kids. When the kids are actually around, that is. Seen and not heard seems to be the motto of the town of Salem.
    Though I don't think we can include soaps when talking about unexplained events, especially with Passions & DOOL - a closet to hell and twins from outer space
    Exactly!!!!!!!! My fave soap still is As The World Turns, although I barely
    watch it anymore. It began with my fave male character, Holden Snyder.
    When I first started watching, he was the youngest child of the 5 natural
    and 1 adopted child. He was constantly referred to as "the baby" or the
    "benjamin" of the family. Then a few years later, he was the youngest
    son, but his sis Meg, the youngest CHILD. One or two years after that,
    Holden was back to being "the benjamin" again, but since then they've
    returned to Meg being the youngest of all the Snyder children.

Then the ages. Tom Hughes, supposedly served in Nam. I guess he was
    the little drummer boy, then, because he was born somewhere in the
    sixties!!! There's a bunch of kids/teenagers there, that - when you
    recall their dates of birth - should in some cases be 4 to 10 years
    apart, yet are now all the same age!!!! In the case of Dusty and Jennifer
    dating: he was in his twenties when she was a toddler, yet NO
    mention of the age difference. Same goes for Katie and Mike: he
    (played by a different actor, like most every character by the way)
    was in his early twenties when Katie was in elementary school, yet
    now: no mention of it at all.
    It's like the adults/parents never age, always stay around 40-45
    maximum, and the kids mature within the blink of an eye, making
    everybody generally the same generation - looks wise. Of course
    there's the odd older person: the Nancy's, Kim's, Bob's, Lucinda's
    and Lisa's but they are becoming less and less an item on the show.
    Last edited by HWBL; July 10th, 2007 at 03:54 AM.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

A*O

Hmmmm I can see I don't spend enough time in my trailer improving my mind watching soaps. Hey Cletus!! Pass the goddam Cheetos!
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

The KoQ epi I was talking about was a while after Leah got knocked up. None of Carries clothes fit her anymore (she actually used the "lay down and use a coat hanger to zip your jeans" move) and she was forced to wear Doug's sweatpants.

Quote Originally Posted by Femmefatale View Post
    There used to be a soap on, I think it was called Santa Barbara and there was a scene where a couple is locked in a sauna, the episode ends with a fade out on a scene of them looking panic stricken--the woman is brunette and the man is tall dark and handsome and has a full beard. The next day, the man is being played by a blonde actor sans facial hair and the scene resumes w them stuck in the sauna
    Santa Barbara was the only real soap I got hooked on back in the day. That and General Hospital when Rick Springfield and John Stamos was on. But back to Santa Barbara, I think I remember that episode! LOL

I found some of this on IMDB

Sex And The City:
    In the opening scene, the bus with Carrie's picture on it (in a pink tutu) shows a bus full of people but as it turns a corner it's mysteriously empty.

Law and Order SVU:
    Stabler's oldest daughter is played by a different actress in the later episodes than in the earlier ones, but its never adressed. Mariska's pregnancy is dealt with very strangely and her fight with Chris Meloni (Stabler) seems very fake/ out of the blue- just to get her less camera time.

Friends:
    Joey is a regular on the soap opera "Days Of Our Lives"- but it's taped in LA and "Friends" is set in NYC. Characters birthdays also change on the show.

It used to drive me crazy that the Days storylines mentioned on Friends never in any way meshed with the actual soap.

A*O

People are threatening open rebellion and rioting in the streets here in Oz because The Young & The Restless has been moved from public access Channel 9 to a Pay/Cable channel which, shock!, not everyone has.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information