Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: The Blacklist on NBC

Elite Member

I read on IMDB the next episode will air Jan 13th for 3 episodes and then continues Feb 24th to complete out the season.

That is a tiny bit btter,not much.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Seriously, we have to wait that long?!?!???

Okay so Red is her father. What's the story with the husband?!?!????? And who is Alan Alda, will he make another appearance?
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Okay so Red is her father.
    Wait, I thought when she asked him he said no?
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Wait, I thought when she asked him he said no?
    He did say no,but there was a slight pause.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

And then he did weird shit with his mouth like he wanted to say more.

I just thought the pause was for dramatic effect for the audience? I tend to think the way this show is going with Red being the anti-hero, he would have to be right about Tom being a bad guy and truthful about not being Liz's father. I guess I don't think it would follow the tone of the show if he's wrong about Tom or if he's lied to Liz about being her father right now. I wonder if Alan Alda isn't her father now, though. I don't know what Red's interest in her is, but sometimes it feels paternal and others it feels almost romantic.

Funny, I wondered the same thing about Alan Alda's character being her father. It was the way he moved his mouth all weird, maybe it's just a spader thing and not on purpose at all.

I see Red being dishonest to Liz about anything (especially the father stuff) to be used for a dramatic arc in which shit goes crazy and Lizzie's all "how am I supposed to trust you...blah blah blah" and all that good shit.

Silver Member

I say we have a shadowy group of corrupt higher up government officials that Crowley deals with. Harold's boss is one of them and now they've possibly turned against her as they can't take their chances? Hence surveillancing her. Her head will roll if she doesn't get Red back. She did have a change of heart in the operation. Red, Sam and a team of men did their dirty work for them. Then Red decided not to play ball with them and they killed his wife and kid. Or Sam only knew Red during his time in the navy and was aware of the work Red was involved in since they were best of friends.

I say Lizzie's real dad is one of Crowleys clients whom Red wants to protect Lizzie from as promised to Sam and weed out somehow. Red was tarnished by the shadowy group with false accusations of being a traitor hence he was one of the most wanted criminals on the FBI's list. He does say to Liz 'everything about me is a lie'. Red is too valuable to Crowley and his group to kill off, he says we could have killed you at the park or 20 years ago. I think Tom works for a third party - one of the group's clients?, he can't be put in by Crowley as they did said when Crowley's men were surveillancing the house 'One thing's for sure, he doesn't work for Reddington'.

Damn, there is a bigger game in motion and I'm liking it! I'm glad they introduced Alan Alda's character, Crowley. Even Red was scared of him and insisted his loyalties were still with Crowley.

Maybe Red's playing both sides off each other and is using the FBI to clear his name that was ruined by Crowley and his men. To seek some redemption and make wrongs into right?

As for the mole - could it be Meera? Tom? Aram? Harold? Ressler even?

The Mole has to be someone we least expect. Since we now suspect everyone,this will be tricky.
    The Tom thing is a puzzle. He seems to adore his wife and if bad has put in a lot of work.
    I am content to let it unwind as the writers want. I am enjoying the ride. I just resent having to wait.
    However,I cannot wait til this comes out as Season 1. My son is not watching and that will make a heck of a gift!

I just binge watched the first half of the season, and while I enjoyed it, there was a whole lot of facepalm. For a profiler who deals with liars and criminals all day, she sure does take shit people tell her at face value. I'm just glad that ridiculous cage finally got some use. Between Spader and that prop, they must have had about ten bucks left to pay all the other actors and writers.
    sam_h786 likes this.

I like it. You can take it at face value or face palm yourself to death on any show,really.

Good point. And James Spader is so worth the watch.
    sam_h786 likes this.

He's one of the main things saving the show from utter stupidity. I hope they can fix Lizzy's character to make her less of a twit.
    Laurent, Sunrider and sam_h786 like this.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Tonight is what NBC is calling a "marathon." It's only 3 episodes - I guess the last 3.

New episodes start next Monday the 13th.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information