Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: The Blacklist on NBC

Quote Originally Posted by sam_h786 View Post
    I did love Red's lines this week:

"I'm not a bubble gum machine, Lizzy… You don't get to just twist the handle whenever you want a treat."

"You G-Men are top shelf...Let me guess, Ressler slip on a banana peel?"

"You know the problem with drawing lines in the sand? With a breath of air, they disappear."

"You either dialled the wrong number or you've hit a dead end, which is it?"

"Please say something nice to me, I've had a dreadful morning"
    My favorite was (and I'm paraphrasing) "What..., are your men going to pull their guns and hold them sideways as me?" Almost something Alan Shore would have said. Love it.

You guys have some interesting theories I hadn't even thought of. Definitely something to think about. The daughter possibility was blinking in neon from the beginning, but the idea of him being an adversary to dad or her uncle or something...Hmmm. Bait and switch is totally possible.

And I totally agree, Lizzy at this point could be played by anyone and doesn't bring much to the table with this particular actress. And I think the actress is the reason I feel that way about the character in general.

While the "different bad guy every week" will keep me tuning in for a little while (and mainly for Spader) it wont keep me forever. They need to get a move on with the husband/spy storyline.

This show is the only one that really has my interest at this point. With Breaking Bad being gone, some other new network hopefuls SUCKING (The Crazy Ones, anyone? SO wanted it to be great as I love David E. Kelley and it's everything BUT great), and Mad Men not started yet, Blacklist is the only thing I'm actively watching every week.
    sam_h786 likes this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Alan Alda joining NBC's 'The Blacklist'

Published Saturday, Nov 9 2013, 9:47pm EST | By Justin Harp

Alan Alda is boarding NBC's thriller The Blacklist.

The former M*A*S*H actor will be portraying an old foe of Raymond 'Red' Reddington (James Spader), a master criminal who works with the FBI to catch other villains.

© WENN
    Alan Alda

© NBC Universal
    The Blacklist

His character Crowley will warn Reddington that he must keep some damaging evidence under wraps or face dire consequences, reports Access Hollywood.

Alda's notable television credits include The West Wing and The Big C, in addition to playing Hawkeye Pierce in the landmark series M*A*S*H from 1972 to 1983.

The Blacklist has also attracted Justin Kirk, William Sadler and Andrew Dice Clay in guest roles for its first season.

NBC gave the show a full season order in October.

The Blacklist airs on Mondays at 9/8c on NBC.
    Alan Alda joining NBC's 'The Blacklist' - TV News - Digital Spy
    MmeVertigina and Sunrider like this.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Elite Member

Finally watched Blacklist last night.

Who was the woman Red researched using ViCAP? Keen's sister, or his daughter?

A definite personal relationship between Lizzy's adoptive dad and Red. Excellent scene.

Did Tom know who Red was when they talked at the hospital? I watched that scene twice and I'm still not sure.

If Lizzy is a profiler, (which does not exist as a job title in the FBI) why does she never profile? lol Casting didn't cast the role of Lizzy very well. I'm not gonna hate on her because I have no idea how hard it is to work a series but poor thing is so bland.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
    Did Tom know who Red was when they talked at the hospital? I watched that scene twice and I'm still not sure.
    Since I think that the show has to make Tom a bad guy to fit in with the idea that Red is omnipotent, I would say that Tom figured out the subtext of his conversation with Red by the end of it.

I was hoping whoever Red searched using ViCAP would be Liz's replacement next season. She's dreadful.
    Alysheba, BoogsBun and sam_h786 like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Silver Member

The way Sam and Red were talking, they sounded like two old friends who share alot of history and were having a nice long catch up. They definitely met around the time he was in the army/navy. Its ashame they killed off Sam too quickly, his relationship with Liz was endearing to watch but Red had to kill him for his own selfish reason and with mercy. Tom was rather hasty to get to Sam, wasn't he? Maybe he was hoping to silence Sam however Red got to him first.

I'm starting to think maybe The Stewmaker killed the wife but his child made it unscathed (even though he presumed she was dead up until now) and the girl he looked up was his daughter. I say maybe Red tried to avenge his wife and kid's death, things went south, he took Liz and went to Sam for help because he didn't know what to do, knew if he went back all hell would break loose, he knew too much and was too cut up from his wife and child's death to face the prospect of possibly raising his own enemys kid. Sam agreed to keep his friends secret and raise Liz as his own child. Explains why he admires Sam for what he did and commends him for raising her well. Plus, I think he was labelled as most wanted because he knew far too many secrets he was privy to during his time being groomed as admiral. I love how Red sprang to protective mode and gave a thinly veiled threat to Tom without outing who Tom truly is. Tom is shady as hell for sure, they need to answer this question!! I can't wait any longer.

They need to answer some questions instead of giving us more questions. Megan is a really weak actress and ditch the wigs gurl.

Can't believe there's no Blacklist this week!!
    Last edited by sam_h786; November 17th, 2013 at 06:51 PM.

I missed last night's episode. Can someone give me a run down of what happened?

OMG! I knew when the violence warning came on we were in for it. So,Red's big foe got access (ok,they mowed everyone down) to the secure facility. Girl got stuck in an elevator. Blond guy agent got badly shot. Red pulled him into cage/thing.
    Foe killed Red's close friend,the black guy. That made me cry,Red was holding his hands on the glass and had to watch.
    Girl got captured. Computer guy is stil loose(I think) but all internet stuff jammed. This is to be continued next week. Don't miss it!
    I was worn out just watching.
    MmeVertigina likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hmmm, they may re-air it sometime during the week. I'll see if I can catch it then. Thanks!

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I watch them online later in the week while I do dishes or get my lazy ass on the elliptical. I use the NBC ad ABC apps on my iPhone and at home it uses my wireless instead of my data.

I'm watching now. It's such a silly show but this episode is good. I want to know the full story behind Keen and Red. I bet I'll be so pisses when we finally get the "scoop"
    Last edited by Just Kill Me; November 27th, 2013 at 12:41 AM.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Silver Member

Oh my days!!! How insane was this weeks episode?! Richie Coster was well casted in his role as Anslo Garrick. Poor Rez though, he really got a rough predicament this week. I absolutely loved the scenes between Red and Donald Ressler, much needed they were.
    Alysheba likes this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sam_h786 View Post
    Oh my days!!! How insane was this weeks episode?! Richie Coster was well casted in his role as Anslo Garrick. Poor Rez though, he really got a rough predicament this week. I absolutely loved the scenes between Red and Donald Ressler, much needed they were.
    I totally agree! Viewers saw a side to Red some didn't know existed, humanity.

Either I missed it along the way but I never knew Red and Rez had a history.

The reason I believe the show was remarkable, very little Lizzy. It made a huge difference. I was glad to see some toughness from the character. I believe she is going to be the savior. This could get very interesting.
    sam_h786 likes this.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
    I totally agree! Viewers saw a side to Red some didn't know existed, humanity.

Either I missed it along the way but I never knew Red and Rez had a history.

The reason I believe the show was remarkable, very little Lizzy. It made a huge difference. I was glad to see some toughness from the character. I believe she is going to be the savior. This could get very interesting.
    Exactly, it bought out the good in Red to the surface when we saw him keeping him alive. I mean he could have let the guy bleed to death, he didn't and that says something about what Red is like beneath the surface. I could see an alliance forming between Red and Ressler. Also, it really bought a vulnerability to Ressler's character that we haven't seen up until now, he isn't really a cold b*stard as he comes across and is a some what decent guy. Anslo Garrick really did pull the rug beneath Red's feet!

I knew Ressler had been chasing him for 5 years as he mentions it in one of the episodes.

I did enjoy watching Red not in control of the situation as he normally is, getting his hands dirty (even though he might not have anticipated it) and now the question is, who told Garrick about the location of the FBI blacksite where Red was held? Meera? Harold? or Tom maybe?

Your right there Alysheba, I think its going to take a while for Liz to grow on the viewers. Me too, I liked her kicking a*s, taking control for once and this is the sort of Lizzie we need to see more often. I can't seem to warm to her completely although I did like her this week. Lizzie being the savior, now that would be something!

I saw the promo for next week, glad Dembe is alive. Although his scene with Red where he accepts his fate, they read the surah, that was very moving to watch. Don't you think the guy on the motorcycle looks like Tom?! I think Donald gives the code, therefore saves Lizzie and Garrick takes Red hostage.
    Alysheba likes this.

So, Red has specifically denied being her father and warned her yet again to beware of her husband. Who the fuck are both of them?
    Just Kill Me likes this.

I know! I was so relieved his best friend/bodyguard was not really killed. This was a wild ride tonight. Now we have to wait till-did they say FEB 18th??
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information