Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: The Blacklist on NBC

Elite Member

Watched it tonight, just wow! I'm leaning away from Liz being Red's daughter but the key to his ultimate adversary.

And who is watching Tom and Liz's apartment?

I love this show even though the actress who plays Liz is bad.

Ressler was/is Mike on Homeland.

I wish they'd decide this husband issue more than I want to know if Red is her father. I don't want to spend the next half season going back and forth about his motives. Plus, I like Tom and don't want him to turn out to be an ass.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Boy,it was a great show tonight!
    thordis likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

Hmm, last night episode was quite interesting. Just who is Tom?

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

So Keen isn't so "keen" she's kind of a fucking retard. That is going to get real old.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Elite Member

So Red had a family...what happened at the house?

Silver Member

I think maybe that is where Red raised his family, then they got killed because the adversary tried to turn him/blackmail him but Red didn't play ball perhaps (wasn't he being groomed for admiral shortly before he disappeared?). I think he killed two birds with one stone by burning the house - he was rid of the painful memories it held for him and he has something to hide that he doesn't want anyone else finding out. He is a calculating SOB who has a motive behind his every tactic.

I do like the villains on The Blacklist, their backstories however I think it's too easy each week, Red gives them a name, leads them to the trail and they kill the bad guy. They need to switch it up a bit and not make the FBI look like bumbling idiots. Its interesting Red has dirt on Keen & Ressler's boss. The other characters need a backstory to them, we don't know much about them however I think Ressler might have skeletons of his own.

They need to get a move on with Tom's identity!!! I think he found the cameras when he was doing the room up and knocked over the lamp so they don't see anything.

Lizzie's naivety peeves me off! She's so blindly in love with her husband she refuses to believe he is anything else. Atleast Red will be there when she does find out about Tom.

I did love Red's lines this week:

"I'm not a bubble gum machine, Lizzy… You don't get to just twist the handle whenever you want a treat."

"You G-Men are top shelf...Let me guess, Ressler slip on a banana peel?"

"You know the problem with drawing lines in the sand? With a breath of air, they disappear."

"You either dialled the wrong number or you've hit a dead end, which is it?"

"Please say something nice to me, I've had a dreadful morning"
    Last edited by sam_h786; November 7th, 2013 at 05:56 AM.

Elite Member

@sam_h786 yes the bubble gum machine line was awesome!

I didn't think about the lamp tipping over. I had forgotten about the cameras.

The Tom story line is kinda stale and needs to be resolved.
    sam_h786 likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I secretly hope, that there is no real connection, between Keen and Red. That way, the writers can kill her off at the end of the season, and get a better actress, for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
    The Tom story line is kinda stale and needs to be resolved.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    I secretly hope, that there is no real connection, between Keen and Red. That way, the writers can kill her off at the end of the season, and get a better actress, for next season.
    Both of these.

I like Tom, but he almost certainly has to be the asshole here. It just doesn't work with the show if Red isn't right about him. But with that said, I wish they'd get it over with already and let Liz have some fucking backbone about it when she drops the hammer on him. I can still go with playing cat and mouse about whether Red is her biological father, but the Tom thing is played out.

And ditto to Liz being a milquetoast character. She could be strong and kickass, but the actress playing her is making her weak. It's hard to buy her as an FBI profiler when she has trouble connecting the dots and looks like she might burst into tears at any moment.

James Spader is carrying the whole damn show singlehandedly with less than 1% help from the supporting cast. He's excellent, but that needs to change, imo.
    sam_h786 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    Vouch. I think she has all of two facial expressions and the wig is awful. And why didn't she question that her seriously injured husband is pulling up the carpet when he supposedly discovered the box?

Lizzie's father was supposedly some criminal so my guess is that her connection to Red is through her father. Pet theory: her father is not actually dead but is the Red's adversary.
    sam_h786 likes this.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

After the teaser last week, I was thinking that maybe somehow Red was her bio dad and she was raised by another man - whoever that was in the hospital bed that Red told he couldn't allow him to tell Liz the truth. I don't know, but Red seems to genuinely care for her whatever the connection.

If he was related, I figured they would have discovered that when he first demanded to speak to her and the FBI were scurrying around trying to figure out why. DNA must be on file?
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

True. I just can't imagine why he seems to honestly care so much for her if she's not related. Maybe it's a romantic interest.

Silver Member

Ditto Alysheba, it's going to get boring if Tom's real identity plot is dragged any further than it already is. Red has some sharp, witty one liners, he delivers them perfectly. I think the bubble gum line (which was brilliant) was his way of reminding Lizzie who's the puppetmaster.

I'm with you Twitchy, I think Liz's dad is alive and is the adversary responsible for the death of Red's wife and child. He is using Liz and FBI resources to weed him out and carry out his revenge. Maybe Red sees her as a surrogate daughter who he is emotionally invested in and wants to be a fatherly presence in her life to fill the void his daughters passing had on him. He does seem to let his guard down abit only around Liz, such as when he held her hand to comfort her when she was upset and how he reacted when Lizzie told him to go to hell it seemed genuine.

I read somewhere there is a clip online that confirms the man in hospital in next weeks promo is Liz's adopted dad. I think the dad wants to tell her that the real dad (Red's adversary) is alive contrary to what she might have thought. Perhaps Red wants to stop him because it will halt his gameplan. I think Red wants to make her real dad suffer and turn Liz against him.

I know, why on earth did anyone not bother asking Tom how the hell he found the box?!! Especially Liz. Also, Gina and Tom had boxes with similar content, coincidence? I think not.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information