Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: Big Little Lies on HBO

I think Reese really nails that stereotypical rich lady down without being a caricature. They usually make upper middle class women flighty and stupid and shallow (or the opposite - mean, nasty, unfair and calculating) and so far her character is none of those things, but at the same time she manages to maintain that upper middle class breeziness.
    Last edited by Waterslide; March 4th, 2017 at 10:53 PM. Reason: where do my words go?
    arie_skop and stella blue like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Even the kids in this show are doing a great job, especially Chloe. Her facial expressions are spot on.
    stella blue likes this.

Ok...there are only 2 episodes left guys!

This is my theory (not a spoiler and no I haven't read the book):

Perry is the rapist. Jane hasn't met him yet (although there was a close call when she was facetiming with Celeste) but she does meet him at the party and either she, Celeste or all 3 of the main characters are involved in killing him. They are just going way too deep into the abusive relationship and something has to happen with that. I think maybe it's the twins who are abusing the little girl, apples not falling far from the tree. If Perry is the rapist, that means the rape probably happened when Celeste was pregnant with the twins? Since they are around the same age. Perry travels a lot so he certainly has opportunity and we know he has a rape fetish.

Anyone else with ideas on where this is heading? If it ends up some red herring killing involving some minor character I'm gonna be pissed. Just because so much of the story has revolved around creepy abusive Perry.
    Waterslide and Alysheba like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I've read the book and don't want to spoil it for you, but you're very close! There's a twist that you haven't guessed.

I think I might have said this upthread but Reese and Nicole have purchased the rights to another book (unrelated) by the same author. I'm kind of liking these "limited" series. Especially this one, with all the female leads.
    Waterslide likes this.

Trixie, you're good! And what Nevan said.

I went out and read the book because the suspense was killing me. Do you know what book they purchased the rights to? Because it will give me an excuse to read that one, too.

I love that the show is limited and concise, but I will be sad when it ends, because I find it so relaxing for some reason. Probably the colors, the scenery, the houses on the beach...
    Nevan likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I love the opening sequence, the music, the water, the kids dancing and then the ladies dancing.

Perry needs killing. Fucking creep.
    Nevan likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

ITA about the opening sequence. And Perry. I kind of hate that Alexander Skarsgard is playing this role, because I don't want to think about him like that. Might be shallow or silly to say, but it's the truth.
    arie_skop and Nevan like this.

I know, he's too pretty to be such a creep. Especially to Nicole Kidman. She is surprisingly good in this, and looks really good too.
    Waterslide and Nevan like this.

^Exactly. On the show, they make a really attractive couple (unfortunately).
    Trixie likes this.

I am enjoying the series as well. Love the theory posed above and I could see going that way. Why did I get the impression that the person who is murdered is Madeline? I seriously thought it was mentioned, but then I was confused my all the flash forward scenes. Apparently I made it up!

Yeah, I kinda wondered if the whole Madeline affair was thrown in there to cast doubt on the Perry scenario but I'm still going with Perry. I do think Ed and that guy's wife are on to them though, especially after the car accident.
    Alysheba and arie_skop like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    ITA about the opening sequence. And Perry. I kind of hate that Alexander Skarsgard is playing this role, because I don't want to think about him like that. Might be shallow or silly to say, but it's the truth.
    This gave me a giggle.My opinion of him is the opposite. I've never understood his appeal and I don't like him on scene. Nicole however, is rocking this role. All the gals are.
    Waterslide likes this.

So you think Alexander Skarsgard is a creepy, rapey person IRL or just creepy as an actor? I've only seen him as Eric Northman before this, and that was one of the few palatable characters on that show, so I don't really have any bad feelings about him in general. Never really thought about him too much other that, just that he's one of the few blond guys I think is attractive.
    Nevan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Ok...there are only 2 episodes left guys!

This is my theory (not a spoiler and no I haven't read the book):

Perry is the rapist. Jane hasn't met him yet (although there was a close call when she was facetiming with Celeste) but she does meet him at the party and either she, Celeste or all 3 of the main characters are involved in killing him. They are just going way too deep into the abusive relationship and something has to happen with that. I think maybe it's the twins who are abusing the little girl, apples not falling far from the tree. If Perry is the rapist, that means the rape probably happened when Celeste was pregnant with the twins? Since they are around the same age. Perry travels a lot so he certainly has opportunity and we know he has a rape fetish.

Anyone else with ideas on where this is heading? If it ends up some red herring killing involving some minor character I'm gonna be pissed. Just because so much of the story has revolved around creepy abusive Perry.
    I havent read the book but I am with you, I also think Perry is the rapist and Jane will meet him on trivia night or some school function. During the rape scene flashback, the camera kept showing us his shoes, very similar to Perry's attire.

Plus, I also believe one of the twins is the bully, not Ziggy.

But no idea who gets shot, it might be Perry or a minor character.

As for Nicole, she's great in this show. The scenes with her therapist are so tense and intriguing. I see her getting an Emmy nomination for this role.
    Nevan, Trixie, Waterslide and 1 others like this.

You guys are very close! I want to spill because I want to chat about it, but I'll hold my tongue!

Just to throw a wrench in all your guessing:
    Celeste and Madeline showed Jane a picture of Saxon Banks online, and even she wasn't sure.
    Lots of men wear dress shoes.
    Why is Perry such a good dad?

I like that he doesn't stick to one type of character, he's played so many. And I think he has the chops to back up those good looks.

So you think Alexander Skarsgard is a creepy, rapey person IRL or just creepy as an actor? I've only seen him as Eric Northman before this, and that was one of the few palatable characters on that show, so I don't really have any bad feelings about him in general. Never really thought about him too much other that, just that he's one of the few blond guys I think is attractive.
    I've seen him in almost all his movies. I had a hard time with Diary of a Teenaged Girl, because he plays a 30-something guy that has sex with his girlfriend's teenage daughter. It seems very easy for him to change up his looks (face/hair) and that was pretty much the only one that I found him unattractive. I'm sure it had to do a lot with his character. I think my favorite one was "What Maisie Knew" because he's just so unbelievably adorable in it. It's clear that he loves kids and he just shines in this role. I've watched several of his PR/interviews for this movie, and omg, my ovaries. In most of them, he's with the little girl that plays Maisie (she's about 5-6 and acts circles around some of the adult actors in this movie). In one, he stood for about 20-30 minutes holding her on his hip while she hugged and snuggled into him and he answers the interviewer's questions. In others, she sits next to him and he's always got a protective arm around her and tries to help her with her answers. It's obvious they really bonded during the movie.

I'm the same way. I'm not really attracted to blondes (although I was for a hot minute to Brad Pitt when he played Tristan Ludlow), but my obsession for Alexander has only grown since True Blood. There was a lot of people saying they couldn't see what everyone else saw during True Blood, but there's no other way to explain it other than you need to see him in motion and his presence to get it. He's hot as hell and genuinely a nice guy. I saw an interview his father did and he said that he would never be disappointed if any of his sons (I think there's 3 or 4 that act) had a movie bomb, but he'd be very upset if he had ever heard any of them had treated a crew member or fan badly. So I think he takes after his dad quite a bit. He's also been talking a bit about kids and how many he wants recently. He's been dating Alexa Chung since 2015 (which is pretty long for him). I could see him getting married very soon.

ETA: Waterslide, the book they bought the rights for is called "Truly Madly Guilty". I think I'm going to download it this weekend!
    Last edited by Nevan; March 20th, 2017 at 07:47 PM.
    Waterslide likes this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information