Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Bates Motel Series

C'mon, I have to triple post to bump this? WTH people?

I loved this episode! Great twist on the original story.
    Waterslide likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Back to wardrobe, I found this link at another board where they were also discussing Norma's fashions. "Vintage inspired, pin up and mod girl dresses for the retro enthusiast." I could definitely see Norma in some of these. Maybe with a pretty cardigan sweater.

Dresses ? Heart of Haute
    I want to dress like that every day...I saved that site for further reference.

C'mon, I have to triple post to bump this? WTH people?

I loved this episode! Great twist on the original story.
    I've been watching, but I keep losing this thread! lol I do love what they did with the twist, especially since you think you see it coming and then it doesn't happen like you think it's going to. (Trying to be vague enough in case people haven't seen it yet.)

I also like how Norman is attempting to face his mental health issues by himself. It's always interesting to watch Norman wrestle with his conscience or therein lack of.

I'm looking forward to, and at the same time dreading, what's going to happen when Dylan shows up.
    Trixie likes this.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Glad you liked the site. I thought you might.

I'm sure some of the Psycho purists didn't like the twist, but I did. I was all "holy shit!" but I thought it was cool they took a different direction. The series has always paid homage to the original but to be fair, it's not a remake, it's a re-telling of the story. So kudos to the creators/writers for keeping us on our toes.

Yeah, Norman is finally trying to differentiate between his fantasy and reality. "Mother" has always protected him from the truth by committing all the murders, but now that has changed. In the original, after he killed Marion, he says "Mother, what have you done?" Now he says, "Mother, what have I done?"

And yeah also, Dylan. Poor Dylan. As much as I have loved this show and am loving the suspense, if they let anything happen to him, Emma or the baby, I don't think I'll be able to forgive them.
    Waterslide likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Glad you liked the site. I thought you might.
    You know I love anything vintage! Because I do... lol

I'm sure some of the Psycho purists didn't like the twist, but I did. I was all "holy shit!" but I thought it was cool they took a different direction. The series has always paid homage to the original but to be fair, it's not a remake, it's a re-telling of the story. So kudos to the creators/writers for keeping us on our toes.
    I haven't read too much about the show outside of this board, but I'm sure there are a lot of purists who are pissed off about it, but I loved it and I agree that it's a retelling not a remake. I loved that you think you know what's coming, then you don't, then you don't really expect it at all.

Yeah, Norman is finally trying to differentiate between his fantasy and reality. "Mother" has always protected him from the truth by committing all the murders, but now that has changed. In the original, after he killed Marion, he says "Mother, what have you done?" Now he says, "Mother, what have I done?"
    Exactly. It's a very interesting difference. I don't think he has the mental faculties to answer that question, so I'm kind of excited to see where this is going to lead him as far as the show goes. I wonder how this wall implode.

And yeah also, Dylan. Poor Dylan. As much as I have loved this show and am loving the suspense, if they let anything happen to him, Emma or the baby, I don't think I'll be able to forgive them.
    Amen. I really could not handle that. Most of the bad things that have happened so far have happened to people who were questionably decent. Dylan has worked so hard to turn his life around, and he and Emma are so sweet together. I won't forgive them either if they do something stupid to them.
    Trixie likes this.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

omg are they trying to give me a heart attack? Run Dylan, run, get back in your car and go home and never look back! The scene of him in Norma's room had me in tears. He's kinda like my Jesse from Breaking Bad, I just want him to get out alive.

I cracked up at Norma being pushed around in that wheelchair though. She's holding up pretty well.

Did anyone else notice in the credits that Freddie Highmore wrote this episode?
    Waterslide likes this.

No, I didn't notice Freddie Highmore wrote the episode! Wow.

I kept telling Dylan not to go, not to stay, stop looking around, DON'T EAT THE FOOD!, etc. OMG. I think if anything happens to him, Emma will go full blown homicidal on Norman's ass.
    ~Manx Mouse

SERIES Finale TONIGHT, y'all!!!! I have no clue how it's gonna end but sad it's gonna end.

I'm so mad! I'm trying to stream it, and Comcast just went tits up just now. I'll have to see if they have a encore presentation or wait til tomorrow. Ugh!

I just finished last week's episode and I'm so sad for Emma. I wanted her to be able to maim and/or kill Norman, but then I realized she wouldn't be her sweet self anymore (though the innocence is gone). I just pray that Dylan will get through tonight's episode and those two end up together.
    ~Manx Mouse

They're doing an after-show with the cast and creators once it's done, then showing it again at 10:36 central with a repeat of the after-show.
    Waterslide likes this.

Thanks! Now I'm stuck on the phone with a coworker. Ugh!
    ~Manx Mouse

Elite Member

So, so good. Great series finale.
    Trixie likes this.

^ ITA. Nothing really shocking or twisty, it just ended the way it should have.

I absolutely agree. It ended perfectly. Dylan made me want to cry. Max Theriot has such an expressive face. Who knew a show like that would give you a warm, happy, fuzzy ending? Strangely.
    ~Manx Mouse

i just saw the finale last night so i've been avoiding this thread to avoid any hint of anything going on.

i don't know who i love more, dylan or norman, but norman's my man. i'm so glad dylan wasn't hurt because he was all norman had left, and plus he's cute.

norman just makes you want to protect him and i constantly rooted for him to be safe no matter what he did. i was hoping at the end there'd be norman in the upstairs window looking out as the camera pans out as he gets smaller and smaller as the house and motel come into view. he's so wonderfully creepy, yet so neatly dressed in his cute sweaters with crisp collars.

but i'm satisfied with this ending because norman is satisfied with it. he said, "thank you" to dylan. and if it's good enough for norman....

i will watch anything freddie highmore is in for the rest of my life.

i thought this was way better than psycho because norma lived on so we got to see them together after she died, even if it was only in norman's mind. in the movie, she was a dusty corpse whose voice we heard. but i did love tony perkins as norman too.

i thought freddie highmore captured tony perkins's aura beautifully and that's why i thought the show as so great, because freddie brought tony perkins back.

SUCKS THAT IT'S OVER. i also thought it might end with norman opening the motel in the morning just like in psycho II when norma's ghost was yelling at him, "well, what are you standing around for? what do you think we're supposed to live on, hope? go down and open that motel!"

RIP Norman
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information