Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Bates Motel Series

Is anyone still watching this? The last two episodes...WOW. Actually, this whole season has been great I think.

I don't want to post spoilers just in case, but they're following the Psycho script pretty well, with a couple twists. Even though I knew it was coming, what a twisted fucking ride.

One more season ahead to bring Norman to the Norman from Psycho.
    panic likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

wow, thanks for not posting spoilers, i still haven't seen the last two episodes but this show is great, one of my faves right now.

When norman told the psychiatrist as his mother, "well, if you tell norman i'll have to do something about that, doctor." it gave me fuckin chills! And then two weeks later, the psychiatrist lets norman talk him into releasing him early. Did he not forget that norman literally morphed into his mother right before his eyes!?

Love the idea of this whole series as a prequel to Psycho. I've not seen the original Psycho, but I saw Psycho II and I think this guy is the perfect fit for this role as norman bates in his teenage years.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Oh you definitely need to watch them ASAP! Then report back! It's a day later and I'm still thinking about it, might watch again since there's really nothing on I want to see tonight.
    panic likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

^I'm still thinking about it too, I was just talking about it.

SPOILERS:

That was a great 2 hours, it went by like that. Norman has gone stark raving mad and if the sheriff ever gets out of his legal trouble, he needs to lay low and don't get on Norman's radar because he doesn't know what he's messing with. Norman'll probably stick him in Norma's grave now that it's empty.

That guy at the end who walked into Norman's house without knocking and then saying, "Hello?" scared the hell out of me and lucky for him he didn't see Norma laying there because if he did he never would've gotten out of there alive.

I was surprised Norman killed Norma this early. I expect a few seasons with Norman and his mother because so many stories could be written for them but I'm not complaining. I love that Norma's still there in his mind because I actually missed her presence there when she was dead, lol.

Can't wait 'til next season!

Trixie likes this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

I think next season is the last, and that it was planned that way. 10 more episodes I believe? I too wasn't expecting them to kill off Norma until next season and also thought they would follow the movie plot where Norman killed (poisoned) Norma and her lover...so I thought Romero was a goner too.

I think Freddie Highmore does a great job as Norman, but really I watched the show for Vera Farmiga. Her Norma was just the right mix of tragic and quirky. I assume she'll still be there as "Mother" in Norman's mind but it won't be the same. I'm also sad that she didn't get just a little more time of happiness with Romero.

I was reading some speculation and wondering how they will end it...maybe with the Marian Crane character from the movie checking in to the Bates Motel? Also, will Romero survive? Will Dylan ever find out Norma is dead? Will he be back and will he survive? So many questions!!

Oh and that guy who walked into Norman's house, Chick, he's that weirdo who was after Dylan and Norma's brother. I definitely think he saw Norma laying there on the couch. He made a remark to Norman "you do realize she's dead, right?" He also said he'd be back to check in on Norman. He'll probably want his casserole dish back. (I had to laugh that he brought a chicken enchilada casserole lol)
    panic likes this.

I definitely think he saw Norma on the couch.

I thought this was a great season. Both Vera and Freddie are just perfectly casted IMO. I am excited to see how the final season goes and how it wraps up. I'm really anxious to find out if Dylan finds out what haooened and I think Romero definitely knows what he's messing with, but I don't think he will ever get the chance to do anything about it.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I definitely think he saw Norma laying there on the couch.
    Quote Originally Posted by o0Amber0o View Post
    I definitely think he saw Norma on the couch.
    You just blew my mind. And for a minute there i DID think he saw norma but just assumed norman wouldn't allow a witness to leave once he had him right there in the house. But it's much more interesting that he did see norma there!

thought they would follow the movie plot where Norman killed (poisoned) Norma and her lover...so I thought Romero was a goner too.
    Interesting, I had no idea that happened. So in this version Norman intended to die with his mother.
    I'm also sad that she didn't get just a little more time of happiness with Romero.
    Me too. I thought they were gonna live as a family for a while and wanted to see that. Give Norma a minute to be truly happy. But Norman refused to get with the program. And he always gets what he wants.
    will Romero survive? Will Dylan ever find out Norma is dead? Will he be back and will he survive? So many questions!!
    I know! I didn't realize I even had those questions but now that you mention it, yeah! Cause Dylan was like wtf at that last phone call with Norman.
    He also said he'd be back to check in on Norman. He'll probably want his casserole dish back. (I had to laugh that he brought a chicken enchilada casserole lol)
    LOL! This show is fuckin awesome.

Elite Member

I'm gonna miss the original Norma She was just so delightfully quirky. You knew how disfunctional the relationship she had with Norman was, but you couldn't hate her for it.

Now we're stuck with Norman's version of Mother. I knew she was going to die but thought she'd be with us a little longer.

I think it was a nice variation (and totally believable) that they set it up as a murder/suicide. What I don't get is why Norman didn't just blow his brains out the minute he got home to an empty house. He had wanted to die with Mother, and he would have if Romero hadn't revived him, so why did he go home and just walk around expecting her to show up? I know, he's crazy LOL.

I wish Romero hadn't spent a second reviving him. And then I wish Romero had just shot him in that house and made it look like a suicide. But then we wouldn't have Psycho.

At this point I really, really hate Norman. Up until now you could understand that he was a sweet kid with a mental illness, but the way he manipulated Norma to ruin her relationship with Romero, and then how he acted afterward with Romero, I wanted to smack the shit eating smirk off his face.

I'm really not sure how I can watch this next season with my burning hate for Norman and knowing that he is just going to keep getting away with it all.
    panic likes this.

Man... I really need to see Season 3
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Interesting tidbit...

Rihanna to play iconic role in TV series 'Bates Motel'

By Joe Sutton, CNN
    Updated 5:28 AM ET, Sat July 23, 2016

Rihanna will be showcasing her acting skills in a new TV role.

(CNN) Pop star Rihanna will be bringing her acting talents to the small screen when she takes on a key role in the final season of "Bates Motel."

Her casting was revealed Friday at the Comic-Con International convention in San Diego, where the cast and crew of the show held a panel discussion.

The show's official Twitter account tweeted a video of the singer announcing the role.

"I am about to check into the Bates Motel very soon," she said. "Guess what else? Guess who's playing Marion?

"Bates Motel" is a prequel to the classic 1960 horror film "Psycho," directed by Alfred Hitchcock. In the movie, Marion Crane -- played by the late actress Janet Leigh -- meets her death in a bloody shower scene.

The TV series, which airs on the cable network A&E, explores the relationship between Norman Bates and his mother Norma, who run the motel in the remote seaside town of White Pine Bay, Oregon.

While Rihanna is best known for hit songs including "Work," "Umbrella" and "What's My Name," the 28-year-old Barbadian also has a number of acting gigs under her belt, having appeared in films such as "Battleship" and "This is the End."

Her role in the fifth and final season of "Bates Motel" will see her star alongside Vera Farmiga, Freddie Highmore, Max Thieriot, Olivia Cooke and Nestor Carbonell.

Rihanna to play iconic role in 'Bates Motel' - CNN.com

Since this show was mentioned in the People's Choice thread, I googled to see when it's coming back (last time I checked there wasn't a firm date)

Mark your calendars for Feb 20 !!!

Also found the new season trailer:

panic and Waterslide like this.

that's tempting but i'm gonna resist watching the trailer, i wanna see it unfold as i watch it. i like the promos on A&E, of norma sitting in a rocking chair with norman right at her side.

your choice of course, but it doesn't show scenes from the season or anything, and nothing in it we don't already know.
    panic likes this.

just watched it. i'm so ready for this. now i'm all spooked and i love it.

I'm excited! I'm going to miss Vera Farmiga once the show ends though, I really enjoy her as an actress. Hopefully since the show is ending she'll use the time to do more films.

I know a lot of people love fall TV lineups, but I think this time of year is the best for television.
    panic likes this.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information