Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Bates Motel Series

I'm hooked, great show.

Silver Member

I honestly thought Norman was going to hurt Bradley in that scene.

I think that the whole incident with Bradley leading him on and then blowing him off plays a huge part in his transformation into the Norman Bates from the movie, and I think he'll kill her by the end of the season.

Elite Member

I recently finished watching the first season on Netflix. I think this is a pretty cool show. "Mother" isn't nearly as weird or controlling as I thought she'd be. I mean, she is, but in more of a kooky, goofy way. It is apparent that Norman has mental issues and he projects his own strict morality into his mother's voice. I like the modern day yet quaint somehow retro setting, the weird town with odd characters, the back story of why they moved there, and how Norman learned taxidermy.

Boston mass, I now reside in the WHITE MOUNTAINS NH

BUMP. OMG this shit is getting good. Norman is all kinds of freaky. I got hooked on this from the vey first show. I LOVE dylan.
    And i wonder if his dad is going to stick around. And i really wish norma would get with mr.sherriff. It hs to happen. It just does.

This lured me in quick. I like seeing the Norman Bates character before his mom dies.

Is the sheriff wearing eyeliner? Or maybe his lashes are just very lush.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

I watched Season 1 and a couple of episodes into Season 2, then got distracted. Right before S3 started I caught up on S2 in one sitting and am hooked again. I make it a point to watch it every Monday night!

Sheriff does have really dark, lush eyelashes and it does look like eyeliner and he does look like Anthony Perkins. Norma is cooky and I love that about her. I love the tone/darkness of the set.

At times I feel like they are rushing Norman's 'descent' a bit, then he seems like his old self again. I guess we don't know when he is gonna snap. I vaguely remember the first psycho...does anyone know how old Norman was when he killed his mother?
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

The actor who plays the sheriff (Nestor Carbonell) has publicly denied he wears eyeliner and even "proved" it on tv:

Watch the Nestor Carbonell Proves He Is Not Wearing Eyeliner Video - Bates Motel - A&E

I agree he looks eerily like Anthony Perkins. But honestly, I mostly watch for Vera Farmiga. She just knocks it out of the park as Norma.

I was wondering if this is the final season...they do seem to be rushing Norman's descent now, and how far can they go with it? And who will be the guy who gets killed in bed with Norma? I'm assuming that will be how they end things. Also...what will happen with Dylan, and Emma?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I fell in love with Nestor Carbonell when he was on Suddenly Susan in the 1990's! Gorgeous man!
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by dksnj View Post
    does anyone know how old Norman was when he killed his mother?
    I don't know but in Psycho II the voice of his mother in his mind sounded like an old lady so I assumed she was older than she is now in this show.
    Thanks for posting that. I'm glad he's not wearing eyeliner. But nice lashes on him.

I thought it was funny when Norman hid his mom's dress under his mattress.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

I think he does wear it. Either way, he's hot. lol. I'd do him. Norma should. She really should. WOW, i thought caleb was messed up when he fell.
    I had to catch up on the last 2 episodes. And how about this DEAL with the comp drive?
    WOW. she is getting brave. Mr. professer guy wants to jump her.

I've only seen two episodes but I'm in. It would be nice if the guy gives her the deal she put on the table, but he looks like a diabolical mother fucker.
    dksnj likes this.

OMG only 4 episodes left. Tonight is going to be good!

Last week's episode, Norma and her brother, that was just heart-wrenching. Of course now he's a dead man. Poor Dylan.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Wow, norman is losing it. I can't believe what he did to james. jeeshhh. And it looks like emma and dylan are going to be a thing. That will really push him over the edge. OMG and the end?? CREEPY! AND alex and norma almost made out! I really want them to bang! lol

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information