Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Bachelorette S05

fgg

wes was a total ass and i'm glad they caught it on camera...

EEEEK!!! OMG, YOU GUYS!!! I have been ITCHING to write THIS blog since day one!! YES, I did it (sent Wes home)! I don’t even know where to start with this one. I think I will keep it mostly to the Wes scenario, as this as been the bone of contention for sometime.

But first, you guys, I need to tell you that I DID read all 364 comments (and counting!) that were left after my blog. I do read them all every time. I try my best not to read all the other stuff on the other websites (there is some nasty stuff out there!), but this one is my baby. For some reason, last week, you all wrote the sweetest most sincere messages. I truly sat on my couch with a little tear in my eye, holding my hand over my heart — I felt like each note was a reach out from a best friend. Thank you all for caring for me so much, making me laugh and wanting me to be happy.

The funniest entry I read was from Karen:

Dear Jillian,

If you have rejected Ed, I think I might leave my husband and two children and wander around Chicago with a bullhorn looking for him and his adorable sweater.

Girl, I sure hope it works out for you!

Other than the Wes scenario (which I will dive into soon), I’m not sure I have much juicy gossip about the Spain episode. Kiptyn crashed that scooter about 6 times that night, and although he was mortified, it made me like him even more … I laughed for days about that. I could just see us traveling through Europe doing the same thing and having a blast! Reid and I were starving by the time we went to dinner that night because our attempt at purchasing a romantic little picnic was a complete FLOP and our lunch was dry, tasteless and rubbery — again, another clue as to how much fun we would have traveling together. I did realize in Spain that I’m not as much of a foodie as I thought; I practically starved to death there! I swear I couldn’t find anything to eat but white bread, cured ham and escargot!

I DEFINITELY knew I was NOT ready for overnight dates in Spain. I new they were an integral part of finding your lifelong partner, but I just wasn’t ready! I was nervous to accept the overnight date with Ed because of the “insinuations” that go with that, but I feared that we didn’t have enough time to catch up during the day. I knew that if Ed were to have a shot at this, he needed A LOT of time to get caught up with the others. I’m not sure if this is appropriate to say or not … but I have to tell you … We really did stay up ALL night till 7 a.m. talking about everything under the sun — every guy’s dream of the “fantasy date” … not. But it did make me realize how serious he was about coming back showing me he cared.

So … Wes! I know I kept him for WAY too long. I FULLY admit this. Someone on here wrote the truest way to explain it — it’s like you’re watching a horror movie that you starred in … And all your friends are yelling at you, “He’s behind you! He’s behind you!” Ha. There are so many ways to explain my connection with Wes. I cringe to admit this, but I truly was blinded by many of Wes’s “good qualities” for the better half of his stay that I refused to see all the red flags (and there were a lot of them!).

The thing is, for the last 10 years of my life, I have been surrounded with everything “urban,” my adult life has been all about my work and being in the city and I had this fantasy of being with someone that reminds me of where I came from, you know, camping, driving down the old dirt road, my guy working on the truck out in the driveway, listening to country music, cracking a beer on a Sunday evening on the old front porch … Scrreeeechhhh! What? Jilly! You have been listening to too many honky-tonk songs! Ha! Wes defined that fantasy to a tee, though. And the others were such city boys, I had such a hard time letting that long-time fantasy go.

I still don’t know if Wes had a girlfriend, but I do think Wes was there for his career. Along the way, we did build a friendship but his presence on the show was a disservice to both of us. It made me look like a fool and like I had bad judge of character, and it made him look like someone he is not. I guess this is what you lay out on the line when you sign up for something like this, right? Ultimately, you are all still entitled to your opinion, but I am a huge supporter of forgiveness and I hope you can give Wes a break and lay this one to rest.

Overall, I would say this was one of my favorite episodes so far. It showed my serious side, my funny side, my smart side and my soft side. I have to say, I am my own worst critic throughout all of this, but it is a reminder that I am not a perfect little princess … that I am a brunette and sometimes act like a blonde, that I have a brain, but sometimes choose not to use it, that I am okay with laughing, and later okay with shedding a little tear. This is what makes life so fun and interesting — and I have to admit, I love reliving this experience more and more every day.

Thank you all for reading again. I hope this one didn’t bore you!
    Much Love,
    Jilly XOXO

Elite Member

^^ thanks for posting that. Sooooo glad he is finally gone!

fgg

who do you think she'll pick? if she wants the relationship to go anywhere, she'll have to pick ed. i don't think kiptyn will stick around.

The Bachelorette: Jillian Sees Potential In Both Finalists

July 26, 2009
    Before America finds out if The Bachelorette’s Jillian Harris has a fiancé on Monday’s season finale (8 p.m. ET on ABC), the Canadian cutie spoke with PEOPLE about why she didn’t pick Reid, her final two, Ed and Kiptyn, and who would make the best Bachelor of the bunch. –Carrie Bell

Why isn’t Reid in the final two?

When it got down to the final three, I needed more time. I had to make a choice and no matter whom I let go, I would have been broken hearted. I had good chemistry with Reid and was falling for him, but he never said anything that indicated that I could be the one … He was too uncertain.

What are the pros and cons of Kiptyn?

Look at him. He has a nine-pack. He volunteers. He’s smart. He’s eloquent. He has a huge heart. He lives in San Diego. He’s athletic. Did I say he’s good-looking already? He likes adventure. I can see myself in his life easily. A con might be that I was always worried that he’d be too passive in the relationship. I also had to push him more to get him to tell me how he was feeling. He was slower to say he was crazy about me. I don’t need anybody to say, “I will propose to you,” or “I will marry you.” That can come later down the road. But I need them to say, “I don’t want to lose you. I need you in my life.”

And Ed?

There was a lot of passion and emotional chemistry in the beginning. We have already been through ups and downs and survived. As you saw in his drunk bloopers, he’s really funny. I love kissing him. I love that he’s passionate about his career. But there are a lot of concerns. He made a rash decision to quit the show for his job. He says it was a mistake but what if coming back was a rash decision he winds up regretting too? After the fantasy date, I questioned if he was attracted to me physically or if it was just nerves. After he came back, it was more stressful and serious and we weren’t having the same amount of fun anymore … I want someone to be my best friend. I see the potential in both guys. I can see them in my life but in different ways.

Did you find a happy ending?

I can’t say whether I found love or not, but I’m in such a good place now. My friends and family have noticed a difference in me. They comment that I’m on fire — that I have a new glow.

Any regrets about being the Bachelorette?

No. I got a happy ending that I wouldn’t have without signing up. Of course I have made mistakes along the way. There were people I should have let go sooner or kept longer. I shouldn’t have kissed so many guys. Actually, I don’t regret the kissing. It was fun.

Is there anyone in the group that you would like to see become the next Bachelor?

Michael Stagliano and his twin brother. They’re fun and hilarious and very interested in falling in love and getting married so they’re in the right mindset.

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

^^I'd be all over Mike S. Sign me up!
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

I actually watched this shit last night. Why oh why oh why??

Elite Member

I watched too, though I'd only seen bits and parts over the course of the season. I liked Ed from the beginning so was happy he 'won'. I'm not the least bit invested in them though. We all know how this is going to end. If this show had more than one genuine hook up after a gazillion seasons, people might be a lot more interested in the outcome.

From today's media, Jillian seems a helluva lot more excited about her ring than her new fiance. What I found odd about her is that she seemed to pick based solely on who 'dug' her the most. I don't think she followed her heart, but she followed the guys' heart and whoever fawned over her the most was the one she thought she was destined to be with. That can only spell trouble.

Are they even still together now?? Doubtful....

fgg

i guess we'll find out tonight. if they are still together (mere weeks), they'll surely not make it that long. i think it will be jillian's decision to break it off, not ed's.

Oh yea, that after the rose shit is on tonight....

What are the pros and cons of Kiptyn?

His name is horrible. If that had been me, he never would have made it to the final two based on his name alone. Yuck.

They need to do a gay Bachelor and a lesbian Bachelorette! How come the straight singles get all these shows?

GIVE US A SHOW!

I really like Jillian but I think she made a dumbass move with this one. Her and Kiptyn would have been an amazing couple- I really could have seen them together until they were old.

Ed just seems like an egotistical jerk. I think she let her sexual attraction to Ed make the decision for her. Plus there are rumors that he has a girlfriend in Chicago.

And what was UP with them bringing back so many of the guys this season? That got really old. Bringing back Reid served no purpose.
    Last edited by Cali; July 29th, 2009 at 11:25 AM.

Kiptyn had a rocking body, that's for sure. Ed seems like a doofus. What was up with his little green swim trunks in Hawaii? Hey Ed, Larry Bird called - he wants his 1983 NBA shorts back.

And this quote:
    I can’t say whether I found love or not, but I’m in such a good place now. My friends and family have noticed a difference in me. They comment that I’m on fire — that I have a new glow.

So she accepts Ed's proposal but now she says she doesn't know if she's in love, but she's in a good place. I bet they didn't last and she has hooked up with someone else already.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    So she accepts Ed's proposal but now she says she doesn't know if she's in love, but she's in a good place. I bet they didn't last and she has hooked up with someone else already.
    She said she "couldn't say" if she was in love. That may mean that the producers wouldn't allow her to say one way or the other.

I thought Kiptyn was all sorts of fug. Especially the monkey ears.

Ed's shorts were funny. He seemed like he was trying to do a retro hipster thing.

I dont think either was attractive and I hated everything that Ed wore. I honestly dont like tank tops on men. Kiptyn dressed better but he was ugly to me
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

I heard rumors that Kiptyn may be the next Bachelor. Ick. Reid was kind of an arrogant dick but at least is more attractive.

They should pick someone new. Or do another season with Lorenzo.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information